• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm quite interested but I only have second-hand Herman Miller money, so it will be quite a while to see one of these chairs in that market ;)

Going to try and pick up a pair of used Mirras for home use, I have an Aeron at work.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They make amazing chairs, no reason they can't make chairs that are amazing but have some kind of "gamer" marketing behind them. Might be the only way "gaming" chairs become actually half decent. There's definitely a large enough audience up there that'll scoop shit up marketed at "gamers", so it seems like a sound decision.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Eames sucks unless you are short. Can't tilt, can't rest my head. Highly over rated chair.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
How do you improve on perfection?
eames-lounge-chair-ottoman-charles-and-ray-eames-herman-miller-1.jpg

Slap some LED lights on it. Put the word "XTREME" and "GAMER" somewhere. Charge $3,000.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anything from Herman Miller would be an improvement over the scourge of god awful "gaming chairs" I've seen on Twitch and among my friend circle. Those things are like race car beds for adults but a thousand times more gaudy and ergonomically terrible.

The Herman Miller Aeron and Embody are the pinnacle of chairs meant for extended use.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Gaming furniture aesthetics are the worst. There is a reason I buy regular decent office chairs instead. They are usually better chairs and don't have a try hard look to them.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
i'd love to see what they come up with. I personally would love to have my old BMW seats as a gaming chair but i'm fine with my vertagear.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Aren't they used by e-sports league like Overwatch for years now? Wonder if they will just slap a gaming logo and call it a day.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Highly over rated chair.
Welcome to Herman Miller products (this opinion is based on having an Embody).

People should absolutely be buying office chairs instead of "gamer" chairs, because office chairs are ergonomically designed for people to be using them all day.
But HM chairs are highly over rated and overpriced - though you can often get them significantly less than MSRP from office supply stores/outlets.

I find that HM tries to get too fancy with the way their chairs are designed with automatic mechanisms rather than manual adjustments - which is great if your body shape matches whoever they designed it for. I found that I could never get the shoulder or lumbar support right with the Embody for example. Adjusting one affected the other, so it was never a good fit.
I've also found it to have durability issues (with several repairs in its 12 year warranty period, which is a hassle) and it's a nightmare to clean.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a gaming chair thread on era? I'm looking at the Secretab Titan series after hearing really good things about it online.

turntable_2020_TT_pu_stealth_2-min.jpg

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eames sucks unless you are short. Can't tilt, can't rest my head. Highly over rated chair.

They have a tall person version.

Slap some LED lights on it. Put the word "XTREME" and "GAMER" somewhere. Charge $3,000.

That would actually be a bad as deal for that chair seeing as how the real version is 5000 to 7000 dollars depending on how you customize it.

Even knock off versions of the chair are about $1000.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a gaming chair thread on era? I'm looking at the Secretab Titan series after hearing really good things about it online.

turntable_2020_TT_pu_stealth_2-min.jpg

Just go to an office clearance warehouse and pick yourself up a high quality (i.e. ÂŁ1000+ RRP) ergonomic chair for a fraction of the price. My Kinnarps 6000 was like ÂŁ150 in fantastic condition with all the optional extras, and since getting it my back pain has pretty much completely gone. Gaming chairs, like gaming headsets, are all flash, all the ones I tried were worse than a standard Ikea chair.

The thing to note, there are tons of ergonomic chairs out there and none are a one size fits all (especially Aerons), you have to test them out - and if possible go to a place where the staff know their stuff and will specifically fit you on a chair that suits your dimensions, use, and (if applicable) health problem.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
i've been eyeing secret lab chairs so Jeff Bakalar mentioned it early in the year on the beastcast. Was just hoping they'd have better colors in the softweave version.

I almost pulled the trigger on one of these last year, but held off. I've never actually had the chance to try one but I was in the market for a serious chair upgrade, and after all of the research I think these guys came out as one of the, if not the, best "gamer" style chair.

That being said, for $500+ I was concerned about durability, there were plenty of gamer chairs in the $400+ range that fell to pieces 1-3 years in. I decided to hold out and get some real quality stuff second hand (such as the Herman Miller stuff), something that I know lasts 15+ years and you can easily get replacement parts for.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
I almost pulled the trigger on one of these last year, but held off. I've never actually had the chance to try one but I was in the market for a serious chair upgrade, and after all of the research I think these guys came out as one of the, if not the, best "gamer" style chair.

That being said, for $500+ I was concerned about durability, there were plenty of gamer chairs in the $400+ range that fell to pieces 1-3 years in. I decided to hold out and get some real quality stuff second hand (such as the Herman Miller stuff), something that I know lasts 15+ years and you can easily get replacement parts for.
Yeah I personally don't like the HM areon and have learned over the years I don't like mesh chairs hence wanting to try their softweave