• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really struggling to see what there is to hate. Yes, social media can be a real job for people who make it, just like being in a band. Get over it.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
726-ECEDE-4-CB9-46-B8-A081-0-CA8659-ACE74.jpg
"And me? Well I've got some videotapes to return"

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
This is dumb as shit of course but this thread is still apex 'no it's the children who are wrong'. As social media replaces traditional media, these are effectively modern actors hustling. Don't think it's very different from Hollywood in the 90s or 00s.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017

So that's it guys, a little peek into honeyhouse. And, as they say, don't com'a knockin if we a tiktokin. PEACE.

Oct 28, 2017
What's scary is how many kids who'll watch this and think they can just move out and live in a house with "creators".... also 0% chance the jobs those people were described as having are actually real.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is it criticism or just people hating on people for making money doing stupid shit they love doing.

the poster said the tik tok bubble is about to burst, having a fan base means their followers will do just that and follow them to the next venture.
Is this really true though?

Pretty sure that any of the mainstream internet celebs that have changed platform have all lost followers by quite a bit.

People like Ninja have stayed relevant but even they lost tonnes of support once they left a platform.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is the introverted side of me, but living with 3 other "influencer" couples in a house together sounds like hell.

Though if ppl want to find tiktok influencers you can definitely make fun of, there's more

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Or maybe it's pointing out the reinforcement of the status quo that the only people who are able to have these carefree lifestyles getting paid doing "non-job" jobs are young, white and beautiful.
You act like only white people can be powerful influencers when that's not the case. Like do young black tik tok influencers not have their own place as well or are you just coming from the perspective of it should be a mixed house? Which yeah i get that angle.

but the original argument was me talking about people being jealous that people w making money with out doing boring ass jobs.
Is this really true though?

Pretty sure that any of the mainstream internet celebs that have changed platform have all lost followers by quite a bit.

People like Ninja have stayed relevant but even they lost tonnes of support once they left a platform.
yeah but with ninja twitch didn't fold or get shut down

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I'm really struggling to see what there is to hate. Yes, social media can be a real job for people who make it, just like being in a band. Get over it.
I guess the thing I'm confused on is why they feel the need to rent a group mansion in the first place if not for the clout and appearance of wealth.

Maybe this is the introverted side of me, but living with 3 other "influencer" couples in a house together sounds like hell.

Though if ppl want to find tiktok influencers you can definitely make fun of, there's more

Imagine paying $100 for a gray t-shirt with the Harley logo on it

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
You act like only white people can be powerful influencers when that's not the case. Like do young black tik tok influencers not have their own place as well or are you just coming from the perspective of it should be a mixed house? Which yeah i get that angle.

but the original argument was me talking about people being jealous that people w making money with out doing boring ass jobs.

yeah but with ninja twitch didn't fold or get shut down

No one is jealous, they just think thIs shit is dumb as fuck. Trying to frame it as "yeah! These influencers are sticking it to The Man!" is naive as shit.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They share a nice house probably in a nice location they can't afford on their own.
How is it any different than people who game stream and get places together?
I wish like hell I could have lived with a bunch of artists who were pushing each other to get better. I did live with musicians which was fun as well. After that I got a boring apartment with a boring roommate which is apparently the ResetERA Approved route to go.

Sounds like you're the one who's jealous.
Lol how did you get that from their post?

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That one dude scrubbing a tree with pants that say "stop looking at my dick" has to be the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've seen all year.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I've never used tiktok in my life and after watching this clip there were slides of other suggested content and there is one of some medical person doing a review of a uterus!? Wtf is this shit app! Blah!

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
A motivational coach? They get paid good at all? Paid to get people hyped? That can't be too hard right.....?

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
No hate on people for living together, having money, young people buying clothes, etc. The only corny part to me is how paint by numbers their lives seem. I also don't know why those two girls at the beginning filming workouts for their youtube channel need a 3 person 'crew' for the filming? What they doing that the tripod isn't 🤔

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, whatever. The Holocaust TikTok kids was a real woof, but this just seems like dumb kids flexing. Just another day.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
I live in a nice house with my girlfriend I'm fine.
Do i wish these avenues of employment were available in the mid 90's? Absolutely

but the last thing you'll see me do in these threads is hate on people for making money.

If you think the majority of people are hating on these "artists" for making money, you've completely missed the point.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
No hate on people for living together, having money, young people buying clothes, etc. The only corny part to me is how paint by numbers their lives seem. I also don't know why those two girls at the beginning filming workouts for their youtube channel need a 3 person 'crew' for the filming? What they doing that the tripod isn't 🤔
If they can afford it why not? They probably had a crew before hand.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at their Twitter, I'm finding it hard to believe this isn't satire. It's so aggressively...bland. Some of the videos feel like some Evangelical's idea of a frat party.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Because these people are like lifestyle ads, except they actually live it. It's like if rich marketers built a vivarium and filled it with privileged, utterly phony simulacras of human beings.
Understood, but why does that matter though? (Generally asking to anyone who seems to not like this, i'm not trying to single you out). If they live the life like they want to i mean. Its their own choice and they not really hurting anyone. I also dont think anyone here knows any of them, and therefor cant say much about what type of person that they really are (in terms if they feel they are priveleged etc.).

Last edited:

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Understood, but why does that matter though? (Generally asking to anyone who seems to not like this, i'm not trying to single you out). If they live the life like they want to i mean. Its their own choice and they not really hurting anyone. I also dont think anyone here knows any of them, and therefor cant say much about what type of person that they really are (in terms if they feel they are priveleged etc.).

It doesn't matter. Still makes me physically sick. It's like walking past week old roadkill. It doesn't matter all that much either, but it can still evoke a visceral reaction.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
Understood, but why does that matter though? (Generally asking to anyone who seems to not like this, i'm not trying to single you out). If they live the life like they want to i mean. Its their own choice. I also dont think anyone here knows any of them, and therefor cant say much about what type of person that they really are (in terms if they feel they are priveleged etc.).

Not OP but they summed up my thoughts very neatly.

To expand on it:

These kind of vague aspirational influencers exist to both further their own wealth. The grift is to make it seem like an easy, luxurious lifestyle is easily within reach. Anyone can do it and the only thing standing in your way is your own laziness/ineptitude.

It's all fake though. All those jobs they listed are at once incredibly specific and yet so vague as to mean nothing. Lifestyle coach, sure, it makes sense as a phrase but what does that have to do with Tiktok, how do you that over the phone? What exactly are you coaching? Health, economics, wealth management? What makes you qualified to that?

Ignoring the fact you can only get into this sort of sugary nonsense career if you live a comfortable life anyway and can afford to take the risk.

Nearly all social media influencers are selling the idea of a idealized life. Either by seeming like a friend you never had or life you could only dream of. Then money is made through subversive advertising. It's rich people using their advantages to make us all feel bad about our lives for their own gain.

These people are all selling the concept of success, mostly to those who cannot ever achieve anything like this. Their own success comes from fabricating the life of someone who succeeds at everything they do. The very essence of this house is to present an image to drive more viewers. It's cynical and in my view a tiny bit exploitative (but that's really a whole other discussion about social media influencers.)

I've got no problem with people watching whatever they want but let's not pretend they all grouping up here for friendly fun times. It's a very targeted move and potentially the whole thing was created to enrage those of us not interested in this sort of nonsense.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
this is so... embarrassing. it's bad enough when The Youths do it, but these grown ass adults.... like, folks, people your age who are influencers are buying their own houses with their influencer money, not signing up to live in a mcmansion deathtrap with six other people