• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First off, loving the free trial for few days and I will continue to keep it for the time being due to Mandalorian.

However.... a lot of the series and films have an "extra" section.

Most of these are ready to go. Why not include them from the Blu-ray etc..?

And speaking of Mandalorian, it's a chore waiting a week for a 30 min episode. Why not include a "making of" for that episode or show some of the amazing artwork etc.. in the "extras" section. Gives us something to watch while we wait for next episode.

That way you differentiate your service from the others. Now it could be their plan all along but keeping it conservative to ensure servers don't lag.

But you can't launch a service with an "extras" tab and your anchor show (Mandalorian) doesn't have any.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
My issue is you can only watch in landscape mode on phones so i can't multitask .

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I think subbing just for one show just isnt worth it.

As for me, I'm a huge Disney fan and there's a ton of classics I missed and ton of I want to rewatch since its been years.

Just watch something else.

My main gripe with Disney+ is that it doesnt include every classic show (i.e. Aladdin TV series).

Edit: Also episode orders are out of order lol (unless they fixed that - havent used it yesterday).

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Does it have episode resume on PS4

I didn't notice a "continue watching" list, or a "next episode" option.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
My issue is a severe lack of interesting new content now and in the near future. Also the fact that it runs like complete trash on most of my platforms and they removed Continue Watching, which makes watching a series with multiple seasons a complete chore.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
-There's a glitch with the watchlist where if you click a movie on your watchlist, it shows a "+", showing it's not on your watchlist, even though it is.
-Unlike Netflix or Hulu, things don't pop out so I can add and remove them from my watchlist from the main menu.
-You can't rearrange your watchlist like Netflix.

Oct 28, 2017

It doesnt. Not on PS4. I tried to go back to Frozen for my kid and it didnt leave off like Netflix does.

I thought it auto resumed based on your profile. I started on my Xbox and finished on my phone without it giving me an option to resume or restart.

My biggest issue is it doesn't have The Muppet Show.

Yup

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
My biggest issue is it doesn't have The Muppet Show.

My biggest issue it isn't available where I live.

And I can tell you already, a lot of adults my age today that have (in time) adopted Netflix (and HBO) for simplicity and accessibility are now heavily reverting back to piracy.

Disney+ isn't even here yet and we're anticipating the coming subscription hell.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand your complaint, you are complaining that more stuff doesn't have Extras or specifically that Mando doesn't? Because I've seen extras on a lot of movies and TV shows, just MCU stuff or older TV shows.

I imagine they are simply focused on creating every episode of Mandalorian for now, and not much bandwidth to make extras. If you're the director you probably wanna vet that stuff not just hand it off, and there's only so much time you have while show is in a live season. I'd bet in the downtime between seasons when writers are working on new episodes thats when you'll see a lot of extra stuff created. I appreciate the sentiment of wanting more stuff for something you like, but no matter how much they deliver you will always want more stuff between episodes.

I find listening to podcasts about the show pretty helpful as they catch stuff I didn't see, and it makes a rewatch more enjoyable.

but yeah my biggest complaint would be the D+ UI, its awful. i guess there is nowhere to go but improve.

Disney+ isn't in Europe because of the European content laws for channels/services, right? You have to have a certain percentage be native content and Netflix has sown up a lot of that content already.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There's a boatload they need to improve. A continue watching tab for one. Resume seems to work for movies but not shows.

Most importantly not marking what you watched, me and my mom have been watching an episode or two of the exotic animal doctor every meal and have to remember where we left off because otherwise it will keep starting at S1 E1.

It hasn't been a week so I can deal for now but they really need to do something, if it stays like this that's more likely to get me to stop caring, the contents fine.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They need to fix the episode order shit - a decent amount of shows are out of order. Very annoying. How you fuck that up I don't know.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

That's because it's automatic. I started episode 2 of the Mandalorian on my Apple TV then jumped over to my Xbox One X to complete it. It picked up where I'd left off. Does the same even if you stay on the same device.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the lack of polish on the app is really odd.

It's quite surprising, the App is a mess. I got a free year of it through Verizon so I don't really care about the short comings but you'd think a company as huge as Disney would spend the money to build a proper streaming app. I hate to say it but the god awful HBO Go app is better than this right now and that's saying something.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm probably gonna wait around half a year (or three months if the Mandalorian is that good) before I check it out. There was no way they'd come up with a polished, bug free app on its release.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's quite surprising, the App is a mess. I got a free year of it through Verizon so I don't really care about the short comings but you'd think a company as huge as Disney would spend the money to build a proper streaming app. I hate to say it but the god awful HBO Go app is better than this right now and that's saying something.
Co-sign. HBO is so bad I get it through Hulu. Speaking of that UI went from one of the worst to pretty damn snappy and nice, and considering Disney has controlling interest in it you think they could have taken lessons from the current Hulu setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.