• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I like how you said "here's another clip", like we get this greatness every day

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn they recreated the Dick Van Dyke kitchen

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Damn, Bettany puffing out his cheeks like Dick Van Dyke. If he lands all the physicality of TV dads throughout the years, he might be the dark horse of this series.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Saw a commercial for this during the playoff game. Not sure if it was a remix of all the previously released footage but I had already seen most of it. Can't wait

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the first 'social media reaction' tweets the other day focus on how great Olsen and Bettany are, and I can see why

image.png

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
God, this must've been so fucking fun to film. These two are perfect for this.

What an insane happy accident of casting Bettany as an AI Jarvis, only to find a way to segue him to being the fucking perfect choice for Vision.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
All this whimsy is going to make Wanda presumably going supernova and breaking the multiverse hit so much harder

What an insane happy accident of casting Bettany as an AI Jarvis, only to find a way to segue him to being the fucking perfect choice for Vision.
1039847a7d73192c453a84a5ceecf06d27fb84ec_hq.jpg

Nothing was accidental. All was planned.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I'm here for Marvel abandoning the Marvel formula for the TV series. Everything outside of Falcon/Soldier looks really different so far.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I just realized: with this show, Paul Bettany will become the longest-lasting MCU actor. He and Paltrow are the only characters in IM1 who are still alive and Paltrow likely isn't showing up again anytime soon.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
I'm here for Marvel abandoning the Marvel formula for the TV series. Everything outside of Falcon/Soldier looks really different so far.

TBF, as much as TF&TWS looks the most "traditional" MCU of the first 3 shows, if it leans into more of the Mission Impossible style super-spy genre then it's different enough from the formula for me.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The dialog and sets are so pitch perfect it's kind of crazy that they really are going the extra mile to recreate these sitcoms.

It's almost more insane that he's been willing to stick around given that he's been in the MCU since Iron Man 1 and he used to only have to do a couple hours of voice work per movie and go home, but now he has like 8 hours of makeup work on top of the time he has to work in his hot costume. He's been a great sport about it.

I bet having Vision wearing casual clothes and even being able to change his face to look human helps some though.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The dialog and sets are so pitch perfect it's kind of crazy that they really are going the extra mile to recreate these sitcoms.

It's almost more insane that he's been willing to stick around given that he's been in the MCU since Iron Man 1 and he used to only have to do a couple hours of voice work per movie and go home, but now he has like 8 hours of makeup work on top of the time he has to work in his hot costume. He's been a great sport about it.

I bet having Vision wearing casual clothes and even being able to change his face to look human helps some though.
I don't think his makeup is nearly that extensive as his head is a cg replacement. He has makeup and a cap on, but that's more for reference.

Every shot of non-human Vision's face is a vfx shot.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think his makeup is nearly that extensive as his head is a cg replacement. He has makeup and a cap on, but that's more for reference.

Every shot of non-human Vision's face is a vfx shot.

Apparently just the face paint takes 2 hours, so all together putting together his headpiece and full costume still probably takes at least like 3-4 hours and that is every single day of shooting and then you have to walk around in it for the full day until you are done. Doesn't exactly seem like a small ask.

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
Damn they recreated the Dick Van Dyke kitchen

It would bring me great joy if they possibly consulted Carl Reiner before he passed. Could see him still having blueprints for the original Dick Van Dyke set.

Edit: Oh damn. Kevin Feige had lunch with Dick Van Dyke in preparation for the show. https://www.emmys.com/news/features/not-your-mothers-suburbs

They weren't there just to catch up with a 93-year-old legend. They were about to start production on an innovative Disney+ series called WandaVision — which Shakman will only describe as a "love letter to television" — and they wanted to hear about the star's experiences on his groundbreaking 1960s sitcom, The Dick Van Dyke Show.

Van Dyke waxed about his fellow actor and the show creator, Carl Reiner, who mined real-life anecdotes for the episodes, as well as his own delight at filming in front of live studio audiences.

Last edited:

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
I meant he appeared on screen first... or at least I think he did. My memory isn't the best.

Edit: ok never mind then. Do we expect to still see Happy Hogan and Pepper Potts going forward?

Happy is basically a Spider-Man character now.

Pepper is pretty much assumed to be retired.

One or both are guaranteed to show up in Ironheart and Armor Wars. Longer odds are on Pepper, but I could see a single episode appearance.