• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

01fVM9X.jpg

k4OakhG.jpg

For folks who can't watch the video.
www.businessinsider.com

Take a look inside the most expensive hotel room in the world, a 2-story sky villa designed by Damien Hirst that runs $100,000 per night and was just named one of the 'world's greatest places'

The most expensive hotel room in the world is a 2-story suite designed by Damien Hirst that costs $100,000 per night. Here's a look inside.

Is this what rich people actually want? Am I destined to be a broke boi cause I can't get jiggy with this shit? Is Dr's Phil son an accurate view of rich people living?

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those things that if it were the 4th most expensive hotel room, no one would give a shit, so they just ratcheted up the price to get the publicity

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Gaudy as fuck. If you're going to be rich as hell, the least you could do is have good taste.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damien Hirst sucks but I guess at least it wasn't decorated by Jeff Koons

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Almost everything in that room looks ugly and/or uncomfortable.

also if that's art, I don't believe in art

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Not surprised that it's gaudy and tacky as many of these "make the room as expensive as possible" things go, but that view is absolutely pathetic. The only people who will stay here are those who want to flex by saying "I stayed at a hotel where the room cost $100k per night".

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't pay anything more than 200 dollars to stay in this boring ass place.

Oct 27, 2017
Dogshit. And awful value, you couldn't possibly get $100k worth of value out of a single night in any hotel room, let alone that one. I genuinely don't think I could spend that much on a hotel room and not hate myself in the morning.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hotel room for people who have absolutely no intention of every leaving their hotel room

If you think I want to have a Vegas party in MY hotel room you're fuckin' insane.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
That's all that 100k a night gets you? I feel like I'm not missing much; the room looks... not that nice or interesting to be honest? The style looks tacky and cheap. Maybe it's better in person? Putting what looks like a bunch of butterfly and pill stickers randomly everywhere doesn't feel luxurious at all. Even the view sucks.

Getting a youtuber in cargo shorts and a t-shirt to review it doesn't exactly scream high end either.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
$100k a night to surround yourself with reminders that people are getting sick and throwing themselves into massive, crippling and life long debt while you snort a line of cocaine off a bar decorated with medical waste.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That is some ugly ass shit. Butterfly decals on the floor and decals on the windows surrounding the pool? Fuck outta here. Terrible shit.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ghastly interior.

No style, no soul, no comfort. Absolutely horrid. Imagine paying 100,000 for this garbage.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I doubt they ever charge anyone for it, they only comp it, and the price tag is to make you feel good about how big the comp is

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I'd consider staying there for $100.

All I think as I watched the video was how much they paid for the decor.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
meh I'd rather use that money for 100+ nights at different ritz or hyatt locations

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
The room isn't even nice, all the stone, glass and metal makes it feel cold and unwelcoming, the pill, medical waste and butterfly themes are bizarre, the view over the city SUCKS (seriously, it's ugly as fuck), the bar area and living room can fit dozens of people but the attached balcony is comparatively tiny and it's only two bedrooms? And why the tiny bathtub? All that space and they install a tub where a grown man can't even stretch his legs?