• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 2, 2020
I really regret buying a Series X on top of a PS5. Only Halo Infinite interests me in that list. Hopefully Horizon 5 is this September / October.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I think this list includes timed exclusives as Vermintides all came out on Playstation, just timed delayed. So my gut tells me Darktide will be in the same boat. Though that sort of diminished my interest in Vermintide 2.

May 17, 2018
How do you write and publish this article with so few pictures and *zero* trailers?

Remarkably unexciting way to discuss these games.

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017
Why release a list of "exclusive console games" and then include things like Psychonauts 2 (multiplatform) or yakuza collection/6 (already on ps4) ? .

Would be better to exclude them or mention them on a "also we got this coming to gamepass" / title the article as "Games coming to Gamepass on 2021".

BumbleChump

Aug 19, 2018
As someone who has a Series X, I want to be excited for these games, but most of them sound...not fun? It's a lot of slow story games like Tell Me Why or Until Dawn, which I have zero interest in.

A lot of these descriptions are about the story and scope of the game. I don't care about that, tell me what you *do* in the game! Better yet, just have a showcase video.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
As expected.

Developing game takes years, so I'll wait another year before buying an Xbox again, or Halo must turn out great ( I'm afraid it won't though ).

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Well, it's going to be the last year for people to say that. After that its getting really crazy.
Nah, some of the people would still run the narrative. There was some truth to it in the last years and I am glad Microsoft improved on the situation and invest in first party like never before.
There are quite a few things that are not yet announced. 🤫
I wish I knew what you know. Can you send a BF6 picture? Asking for a friend :P

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
There are quite a few things that are not yet announced. 🤫

Yeah, the fact that they preface this list with "announced" titles just makes the entire thing a shoulder shrug. I guess it's nice to get confirmation of some titles that are aiming for 2021 releases?

But "announced" means this list isn't actually indicative of whatever their (planned) release slate is for 2021 so... thanks I guess? lol

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
tenor.gif

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
2022 should be better for Xbox. Game development takes time. Would have been great to see some PC versions of the old Gears titles in the meantime.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it some of those like Yakuza aren't exclusive? I really hope they have a surprise holiday 2021 game from their first party studios.

obviously their acquisitions won't start pumping out games until 2022 fall at the earliest, but a Banjo or similar IP would've been good for smaller games before then.

also, where is Forza? That has been announced I assumed it was 2021

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I wish the article included a few screenshots or a video for all of these. I... honestly am not familiar with a lot of these titles.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Interesting article. It seems to imply that more will be announced throughout the year, but I'm not confident we'll see something super noteworthy announced and released in 2021.

That's OK! For me, I'm a little short of a handful of these "exclusives" that I'd really like to play. Definitely not enough for me to justify buying Xbox hardware, but I'd absolutely dive into Game Pass again if they brought streaming to my TV or something.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
My hopes weren't high but I'm sad to see that Fable is not gonna make 2021 (I mean, duh the game is basically in pre production).

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm super excited for 12 Minutes, The Gunk, The Artful Escape, Tunic, Flight Sim, Halo Infinite. And ExoMecha looks really fucking wild too. I don't know if it will be good, but it looks really cool.

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
As other people have said, these are only announced games, particularly those with confirmed release dates for 2021. I'm sure there are at least a few good titles missing from this list. No need for panic, just another PR article.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Why are people acting like that list is every game that will come out in 2021 ? One year ago we didn't know about games like The Medium or Call of The Sea, and yet they launched or are going to launch exclusively on Xbox and Game Pass.

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
This amazing list + more third party games coming to Gamepass + next gen patches of last gen games (metro exodus, witcher 3, outer worlds) yes this will be a great year.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
User banned (5 days): Platform warring, recent prior ban for similar
When you have to pad an article about exclusive games with multiplatform games like Yakuza Collection, Yakuza 6 and Psychonauts 2, you see there's not much going on.
For real, what a sad sad list

Also, I don't like how they are handling their timed-exclusives messaging. I'm pretty sure that at least half those titles are launch exclusives (since they were announced that way back at Xbox showcase), but they're basically hiding it. On the other hand, we've seen Sony being pretty open about length of their exclusivity deals, we basically know how much it lasts every deal they made

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Don't expect huge games this year. Covid will have the biggest impact on the games that were supposed to release this year.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Considering how many of these are guaranteed GamePass releases and how many are probable releases, it's really funny to me seeing people coming saying that the list is underwhelming. There is a ton of variety of gameplay and studio sizes in that list, and many of them will be "free" to try out. Considering the lame narrative about Xbox for years has been that they don't have games or that they don't have a variety of games, this is a fun & varied list to see. Be a little more open, folks.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
CTRL+F: Turn-based
0 Results found.

Well, maybe game pass will have some more stuff I care about by the end of the year. DQ XI S is doing the job for now.