• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
6qavvs8ug8641.png
What's funny about this is that the whole PC Master Race thing started with a video about The Witcher.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
I mean yea most people who aren't fanboys realize this. Infinite BC, no paying for online, cheaper games, better resolutions and framerates, controller freedom. Who the fuck could argue against that?

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Didn't need Henry Cavill to tell me that, even though i liked his performance in the Witcher serie

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Not everyone cares. I don't understand why you are so stuck on this. In Cavil's case, he said himself he's never built his own PC and has only used pre-built machines due to time constraints. (Pretty understandable) To assume that just because someone has money they are willing to put in the time and that money for the latest and greatest parts every 6 months is just silly and honestly, a bit ignorant.

Now, back to shit post meme fest please.

I can only speak from personal experience. The big reason I haven't been able to get back into PC Gaming is costs. The PC I'd ideally like to build is around $1,000, which is a bit more than I'd like to spend on such a thing right now. And that's for fairly low-to-mid end hardware. The big issue is that, once built, I'd have to struggle with finding a happy middle ground between performance and quality for graphics, and that really gives me anxiety.

If I had the kind of fuck you money that someone like Henry Cavill does, I'd load up Logical Increments scroll down to "Monstrous", and buy everything on the lowest portion of those columns.

And fuck, why not upgrade it every six months to a year for shits and giggles?

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
With the amount of salt here, I could start a fucking business without fearing of running out of salt for hundreds of years.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
He says that because PC is the only place he can get his Total war fix. It's like asking a huge Gran Turismo fan what's the best platform to play games on, and then expecting an impartial answer.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can only play the full Witcher trilogy on PC, bruv. LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
I can only speak from personal experience. The big reason I haven't been able to get back into PC Gaming is costs. The PC I'd ideally like to build is around $1,000, which is a bit more than I'd like to spend on such a thing right now. And that's for fairly low-to-mid end hardware. The big issue is that, once built, I'd have to struggle with finding a happy middle ground between performance and quality for graphics, and that really gives me anxiety.

If I had the kind of fuck you money that someone like Henry Cavill does, I'd load up Logical Increments scroll down to "Monstrou"s, and buy everything on the lowest portion of those columns.

And I agree with you. I'm simply saying this isn't the case for all people and you shouldn't assume so. Many people buy or build a machine to play the game or games they they want to play and are perfectly content with it while others, like you and I, want the best of the best to keep up with the games that come out on a weekly basis. *We have a problem, btw :)*

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
As someone who has been primarily PS4-only the past few years but recently dipped back into the PC world, he's right.

That being said, the costs can be an issue. Just upgrading a standard CAD machine I had ($1k pre-built, not ideal but whatever), which came with an 8700k, cost me an extra $70 for the 600W PSU, $349.99 for the 1660ti (not even shooting for anywhere near 4k), $299.99 for a 1440p/144hz G-sync monitor which was on sale from an original $599.99, and the various other little things here and there is a significant chunk that a lot of people (myself included, if I hadn't sold off a lot of older equipment and odds and ends) can't justify or afford.

Then again, the TV I have hooked up to my consoles is about $1300 in and of itself, so there are other costs outside of the console selling price to consider. Previously I would have said I had no issue playing something like Destiny or Red Dead on my TV and just dealing with the performance drop in exchange for a larger screen, but after playing them on PC it's next to fucking impossible to go back, especially on something like Destiny.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017

If I had the kind of fuck you money that someone like Henry Cavill does, I'd load up Logical Increments scroll down to "Monstrous", and buy everything on the lowest portion of those columns.

most people dont get anxiety for shit like that. I've usually only had around $1000 pics and ive pc games for 20 + years the freedom and types of games available or why I love it not the max end graphics and fps, though when I get bettern improved performance on my $1000 pc then consoles I enjoy it, but my pc also does a shit ton more for that price then consoles do too.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
He likes WoW so it makes sense, ive said it myself but i think WoW is one of the best PC exclusives, even if the retail version isn't so good at the moment, Classic is fun.

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, it's really not. PC gaming was a mess in the past and it's still a mess in almost 2020, with no signs of stopping.
Got into Steam this month and already debating wether not to purchase anything else and abandon it completely before investing more money in this shithole.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, it's really not. PC gaming was a mess in the past and it's still a mess in almost 2020, with no signs of stopping.
Got into Steam this month and already debating wether not to purchase anything else and abandon it completely before investing more money in this shithole.
Why is it a mess then? I wholeheartedly diaagree. PC gaming is the best it's ever been. It's not for some people and that's fine too.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
He's right. Destiny 2 on PC is how everyone should play that amazing game. But it's not for me.

still getting my PS5 broski.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
"A mess"

PC gaming is slick mate, learn to set up yours system well. <3

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great response, I still enjoy playing games on my PC. Majority of my friends are Xbox gamers though

Deleted member 10428

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, objectively it is of you have the money for it. And don't care about Nintendo or PlayStation exclusives.

Deleted member 54073

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
He's not wrong. Play any multi-platform with the best graphics as well as now having access to all of X-Box's games thanks to game pass and some of Playstation's with PS Now.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Always felt indifferent towards Henry Cavill but gotta say, learning he plays video games, he seems like a swell guy! Cant afford a gaming pc so imma hav to disagree with him tho an say playstation is where its at 😏 haha