• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In my honest opinion, i think Thor 4 will be his last solo movie, and thor 5 will be either main character be thor female.

I think after Love and Thunder, we will see thor as a cameo on other Marvel movie a bit like Tony or Nick Fury did

Deleted member 77016

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 4, 2020
I'm surprised. I know Thor is meant to be out of shape now, but I expected him to be ready to leave the role so he didn't have to keep up the ridiculous exercise regime any longer.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Well he might be my favorite part of the MCU, so this is good news for me!
Just stellar casting, he's born to play this part.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Great news. Taika really rejuvenated the character a lot with Ragnarok. Can't wait for more Thor.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Like, literally over branding?
Long standing beef that came to the head with the Celestials about to come for a visit. Gods get pissy about who calls themselves gods
thor291_11.jpg

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
As long as they bring back Loki I am ok with it.

Loki was easily one the best characters that came out of the MCU.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Long standing beef that came to the head with the Celestials about to come for a visit. Gods get pissy about who calls themselves gods
thor291_11.jpg
Who won? "I put the beast in bestiality" Zeus or the narcoleptic redhead?

As long as they bring back Loki I am ok with it.

Loki was easily one the best characters that came out of the MCU.
Loki was okay, the weird fandom around him just soured the character for me

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Crazy how my least favorite casting in the MCU became one of my favorites with time. That said I don't blame Hemsworth for Thor 1+2, I blame Dutch angles.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Great news. You can tell his still has plenty of passion and juice to keep going. Ragnorak should be looked at as the start of a new Thor trilogy

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
god yes

no rdj, no evans, no scar jo and of course no boseman going forward... nice to hear one of the OGs is willing to stick around for a while. dude has unbelievable charisma and can be the biggest star of the MCU.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He was the last one to get a decent movie so it would be a shame to see him go away like the rest, they had their time to shine (or still have a chance to, like the Hawkeye series and the Black Widow movie)

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Any word on what they are doing with Ruffalo's Bruce/Hulk?

Of the OG Avengers, we still have Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, and I suspect we'll still see Fury moving forward.

But I feel like there is still a story to tell with Hulk. In Endgame we got his resolution with Professor Hulk but it felt like there were gaps in that development.

Him and Thor were just so good in Ragnarok that I was expecting them to go in a different direction.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on what they are doing with Ruffalo's Bruce/Hulk?

Of the OG Avengers, we still have Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, and I suspect we'll still see Fury moving forward.

But I feel like there is still a story to tell with Hulk. In Endgame we got his resolution with Professor Hulk but it felt like there were gaps in that development.

Him and Thor were just so good in Ragnarok that I was expecting them to go in a different direction.

Widow's dead.

Dec 31, 2017
I mean what they accomplished with him with regards to character development and the tonal shift in his movies is nothing short of remarkable. I thought the first 2 thor movies were pretty bleh but loved Ragnarok and Infinity war/endgame thor.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I would be happy to keep watching him play Thor for the rest of my life, so long as he was enjoying it.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if thor will be playing fortnite on his PS5 in the new movie, hes got to get one up on n00bMaster69.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
GoTG member now.

Sidenote: Thor's rehabilitation from boring God of Thunder, to funny ass sidekick is one of the most amazing tonal shifts I've seen. What a huge change.

It is definitely a delight what they did with the characters, one of the few instances where Marvel Movies have totally won me over

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
He's young yet. He's probably got at least another decade in him, looking at Hugh Jackman's tenure as Wolverine.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
For his other work I've only seen him in minor roles. I don't think he's getting a big list of offers, and he can accept those offers and still be Thor anyway.
Thor is his meal ticket. No need to give it up when there's not much else on the table.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm glad, Hemsworth's take on the character is on the same level of MCU Iron Man and Cap for elevating the character beyond the traditional comic book take imo. I can understand how long term fans of the source material can feel rubbed the wrong way, and I will also admit that the performance didn't fully play to Hemsworth's full strength until Ragnarok in my eyes (imo Hemsworth did at least explore all of his strengths in a less cohesive manner through a variety of scenes up until Ragnarok but Ragnarok just let it all shine out strong), but now that it's taken full stride and Hemsworth's seemingly committed for the long haul, I'm genuinely happy it'll be around.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Well... 💵 💵 💵 💵

Though he is perfect for the role, I hope Waititi will direct even another one after Love & Thunder

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Chris also revealed teased information about the next 'Thor' movie, revealing it will feature "a lot of love".

but what about the thunder? THOR WHAT ABOUT THE THUNDER

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Quicksilver. And Vision, although it'll be interesting to see how they handle it with WandaVision.

I'd be surprised if Quicksilver's screen time reached half an hour; calling him a "main character" is just plain old wrong (plus wasn't he killed because Fox owned the rights to the character at the time?). And, as you say, Vision was killed a couple movies ago and he's going to appear in WandaVision anyway.

The gates of Death are a revolving door in Marvel comics; it's pretty obvious movies aren't concerning themselves too much with it, either. BW coming back is a question of Johansson and the writers wanting her to, not upholding the sacred canon.