• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ethical Hedonism

Permanent ban for creating alt account to troll.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Falando como alguém que conseguiu uma preorder e tem o PS5 há quase 1 mês: sinceramente não acho que valha a pena ter um agora

É uma puta máquina porém ainda não tem muitos jogos que valham a pena o desembolso

edit: damn it's a banned console already, fuja loco

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
How and why would a PS5 be banned totally online? Isn't that pretty much a brick? That's pretty messed up.

Mona-chan

Oct 31, 2017
Really dude? That thing is a fucking brick, don't even bother

Chances are because of the PS Plus Collection ban, its unlikely to be ever lifted. Those consoles were exploited to hell and back.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm a Brazilian stuck in a shitty economy. As you may know, a PS5 is worth 10 times more here. Today I found this dude who got his PS5 banned for logging other accounts on it for that PS Collection thing. I cannot find a consensus on this: is the banning ever going to be lifted or nah?

wait..what? no. not at all. lol is it a digital one? Cause if so you cant do anything and its basically a brick.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
You're asking for advice and you're also defending the case of purchasing it lmao, when you've been getting a big numbers of dont do it.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
The only reason I'd buy a banned console is if it's one I bought to mess around with for things like homebrew (like I'm thinking of getting a banned Switch for that purpose).

If I were looking for one to use as a primary system, no, I wouldn't recommend it.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So if you buy a second hand PS5 and then find out it's banned from online you're just shit out of luck? Brutal.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
You won't even be able to play disc based games. You buy the new Horizon and you need firmware 2.3.0.2.4 w/e the hell in order to play the game... You won't be able to play it because you can't update your PS5. You're bricked PS5 is a fast PS4 with a few PS5 games

OP
OP
Hugo Scamander
Jan 10, 2018
Brazil
I haven't bought it yet but the fact that physical games are still getting patches interested me on buying it since I don't play games online at all. But anyways. You guys were really helpful on pointing all the reasons that I shouldn't buy it. Thanks a lot.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Cilada, Bino.

Don't fall for that, banned consoles can't even get system updates. Even if the system update comes together with a game that requires it (on the disc)you may end in a situation that you can't even play some games.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't bought it yet but the fact that physical games are still getting patches interested me on buying it since I don't play games online at all. But anyways. You guys were really helpful on pointing all the reasons that I shouldn't buy it. Thanks a lot.
Você não vai ter acesso aos patches. Vai jogar sempre a versão no disco, que usualmente é prensado muito antes do jogo estar estável. A maioria dos jogos vão estar imprestaveis.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
wont they lose access to patches and updates if PSN access is not available? then even physical games are a no-go
Maybe this has already been mentioned by someone else earlier in the thread, but patching should be fine without PSN access. At least it was like that on the PS3 and PS4. I havnt payed that much attention to it on PS5, but i'm pretty sure it works the same way there, but someone please correct me if i'm wrong :)

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
They ban whole console? Not just the account? That's kinda...harsh.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
OP if this guy has a ban on a ps5 you should check to see whatever other shady shit he's selling so you don't get sent a box of bricks

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Not worth it, honestly. I know the fear of missing out can be strong, but you should resist the urge.

Also, I'm pretty sure this qualifies as the console not being under warranty too.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Sai dessa brother.

Banned PS5 consoles are worth only if extremely cheap, like 100 dolars, and if you are looking to go homebrew at some point in the future. A point that could be far away, I should add.

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017
So, I'm a Brazilian stuck in a shitty economy. As you may know, a PS5 is worth 10 times more here. Today I found this dude who got his PS5 banned for logging other accounts on it for that PS Collection thing. I cannot find a consensus on this: is the banning ever going to be lifted or nah?
You may not even get these day1 patches. Don't do it.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil

Sony implementing a check to only deliver updates on regular consoles is as trivial as they banning them left and right. Don't do it, you'll regret it later.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it could be had for $100 I would probably get it if for nothing else a UHD player.

Otherwise na, I am not touching that

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
They ban whole console? Not just the account? That's kinda...harsh.
As far as I've seen, it's only been for people abusing the PS+ collection by logging into fifty different accounts within a short period of time.

It's probably automated process designed to limit fraudulent charges on accounts that have been phished.

Kholdy

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Falando como alguém que conseguiu uma preorder e tem o PS5 há quase 1 mês: sinceramente não acho que valha a pena ter um agora

É uma puta máquina porém ainda não tem muitos jogos que valham a pena o desembolso

edit: damn it's a banned console already, fuja loco

Concordo 100%. Eu mesmo só peguei pq a bolsa de valores arrebentou esse ano lol
A coisa que mais jogo é o FFXIV que roda razoavelmente bem no PS4 Pro.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Lads, he's in Brazil. This banned console is probably WAY more affordable for him than getting an unbanned one.

If it's dirt cheap, could be worth it for playing disc games.

I am in brazil. PS5 disc games are insanely priced.
They are going for almost double the price of some PS4 games.

Because of that, having a PS5 on brazil without PS+ is basically insanity.
If you can't buy a full price PS5 you will like be able to buy what? 2 games a YEAR?

And since most people can't afford a ps5, the used game market will be almost inexistent for some time