• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
-So should I do it or no?
Person A: Don't !!! you will regret!!! You will pay a lot of money for something that won't work 100%
-Bbut...
Person B: Do it!
- Alright!!!! You convinced me!!! I will do it!!!

It's person A,B,C and almost every other unicode character saying not to, and just the poop emoji yelling to do it.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
You really want to get a console in this day and age that won't get patches? Seems like a terrible idea.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Claro que não né porra.

If you got no money for a brand new one, wait and gather the money.
If you got the money but can't find it on stores, wait for it to come back up.
Those banned consoles are too expensive for a machine that can't go online. Mil pilas would be too much.

Cacete.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Oh. Great idea actually. That's it. I'm buying this shit.

Unbelievable.

Why even make a thread if you're going to ignore like 95% of it? You were obviously seeking a tiny bit of validation for what nearly everyone here knows to be an extremely misguided purchase. Like, who knows if Sony will even allow this thing to receive FIRMWARE updates.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
No digital games, no game updates, no DLC, no online. Nah.

For how much are they selling it?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
You're better off being patient. You're talking about buying an impaired console that will stay that way for life. I've seen the prices of banned consoles and it's not worth it.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Oh. Great idea actually. That's it. I'm buying this shit.

At the point of that reply, 4-6 people said do it (including the ones that were like, maybe do it) while there were a staggering amount of 27 posts I personally counted directly saying no. If you already made on your decision, why even bother making this thread?

Have fun trying to flip a banned console I guess, don't pretend to be shocked tho if it turns out to be an expensive paperweight.

ReBirFh

Dec 8, 2017
I think he already bought and is trying to convince himself it was a good deal. He will never be able to pass this thing forward for more than he paid/will pay.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I saw a Youtuber grabbing the collection to his subscribers "until I'm banned" lol, he was banned but was cool.

On topic, no, unless it's R$1.000,00 or so.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
It feels like buying a used PS5 and finding out it's banned would place the seller at fault (unless disclosed, such in this case), but a console-ban after buying it regularly (for whatever reason) feels like it would run afoul some consumer protection law, in the EU at least. I honestly didn't know this was a thing, guess I won't buy any ps360-or-later era console used anymore.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Be sure to make a new thread in a week or two and tell us how much you regret it so we can laugh and say "told you so."

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I understand your situation OP, my country's economy is fucked up also, we are paying 5 times the prices of imported items.
If you don't have any option and the price is 25-50 % the selling price and you dont care about Online play/digital purchases/trophies, go for it.
If you can wait, wait.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
So, I'm a Brazilian stuck in a shitty economy. As you may know, a PS5 is worth 10 times more here. Today I found this dude who got his PS5 banned for logging other accounts on it for that PS Collection thing. I cannot find a consensus on this: is the banning ever going to be lifted or nah?
Unless its dirt cheap and not a digital version, I would steer clear of it.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
damn. is this something common to watch out for when shopping for last-gen and last-last-gen consoles?
Potentially. iirc there were account bans and hardware bans on 360 back in the day due to flashed consoles not being stealth patched properly. My brother got hardware and account banned due to playing Halo 3 reeeally early.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OP I don't know what the current situation is but I will be very disappointed if you do/did this.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No way. There are going to be so many games that are only available on PSN. Probably even the majority of games actually.

You're basically cutting off access to over 50% of the library from the start.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Everything OP has said in this thread points to this being an exceptionally bad idea, but somehow the OP has ignored everyones advice, haha.

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't seem like there's much point in this thread; you've made it clear you're not looking for advice or a discussion given you've ignored almost all posts in the thread, you're just looking for affirmation for a decision you've already made, so why bother making the thread in the first place?

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah but I can afford games tho... specially if I'm buying second hand ones.
If you're ok with the negatives of a banned console then go for it. But if you want to play online just know that you're spending money now that could go towards a new ps5.

You could easily play on this banned console for years and down the line get a new one.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
There is a saying in portuguese that goes "no compre consolas con cuentas prohibidas". It's sage advice.

Last edited:

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So this ended up like the majority of seeking advice threads. OP only looking for any reason to justify the decision they already made.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Lads, he's in Brazil. This banned console is probably WAY more affordable for him than getting an unbanned one.

If it's dirt cheap, could be worth it for playing disc games.