• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
You don't need one, the games aren't going anywhere. Get one in a year.

This too

I'm surprised how people in my country are so desperate to get one... from whining constantly about not getting lucky enough to get one through the raffle system, to paying 2-3x the retail price to get it.

I just don't get it. More stock will come and the games will still be there. There'll probably be more games too when stock arrives.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
EDIT wait, you can patch stuff? i guess i don't know what it means to have a banned playstation.
The way patches work is that the games themselves tell the PS5 where to look for a patch. It doesn't have to be PSN. PS4 and PS3 work the same way - patches work even when PSN is down (even when Sony took down PSN after the hack back in the PS3 days, occasionally someone would see a game getting patched and excitedly assume that PSN was back up).

Shamash

Nov 25, 2019
Brazil
This is a terrible idea. You won't be able to play or use any online functionality at all, so no online play, no digital games, no whatever streaming service is available for consoles. You'll be getting a 5k BRL cd player that can also play some games, provided you have the disk and they don't require any online to play AT ALL.

That console is permabanned, completely done for unless you know the god of jailbreakers or are they in disguise, posting this as a test.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
OP. Buy cheap, sell high, and then fund a new one with the system you sold. Of course, make sure you disclose to the buyer of the issue with the system.

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Absolutely not, don't even summon a sliver of hope in your head that these hardware bans will ever be lifted. We've seen this with X360, 3DS, Switches and so on. It's wishful thinking.

If you have the money to buy it now, put it away and wait a year or at least a few months. Supply is bound to increase and prices will go down once stuff gets to the gray market, just like it happened with the PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_njhjge17kP1tfbtrwo1_400.gif

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'd only buy a banned console if I was planning on harvesting it for parts.

You're not trying to do that, so ignore that one post you decided to take the advice of because it aligned with your current predilection and listen everyone else who told you no.

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
honestly this sounds sick. is there a way to buy one prebanned?
I've seen them for sale in Australia too from people who did the PSN collection thing, but they were selling them only just below RRP $750 here, around $700. If you wait two months you'll be able to get one fully unlocked for $750, not worth it. However they are selling, people bought them.
If it was like $400 and had all the functionality to play single player and that's all you were interested in, sure, why not. I wouldn't though, online is a big part of these systems going forward.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Absolutely not, never buy banned hardware.

I'm sorry about the cost in your region but buying fresh hardware legitimately is worth the extra cost you'll be paying versus paying a smaller fee for a useless system.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
WTH man it's available at Submarino and Americanas right now. Don't buy from scalpers ever!

Follow this channel on telegram. He's a very well reputed journalist and always knows when and where it's available.

t.me

Fala, Mica!🔥CANAL DE OFERTAS🔥!

Este canal do Telegram é uma extensão do Fala, Mica! Exclusivamente destinado a OFERTAS de jogos, consoles, acessórios e tudo que for relacionado. Os links são afiliados, isto é, comissionados. Nada muda pra quem compra e vc ajuda meu trabalho 😄👾!

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
No. Don't be desperate. The only incentive to get that machine is to try and do shit to it that would likely result in a banned piece of hardware/account anyway.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
since we solved this question already should i sell my kidney (i have two) for a cheeto encrusted xbox series x?

crpj31

Dec 13, 2017
-So should I do it or no?
Person A: Don't !!! you will regret!!! You will pay a lot of money for something that won't work 100%
-Bbut...
Person B: Do it!
- Alright!!!! You convinced me!!! I will do it!!!

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No DLC, no online game purchases, no online, no PS+, no media apps you have to get from PSN, no syncing trophies, etc

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Because people were connecting literally hundreds of accounts to the same PS5 to abuse the benefits of the Plus Collection on PS+ and redeem the games.
My son and I have two different PSN accounts. If he signs in on my ps5 is that going to get us banned? Or is this just people abusing it?

Is the Ps plus collection a limited time thing?

Hresvelg

Feb 22, 2020
Pelo amor de deus, cara, não faz isso, como um outro poster falou ali, você não precisa de um ps5 agora, don't give in to FOMO.

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
My son and I have two different PSN accounts. If he signs in on my ps5 is that going to get us banned? Or is this just people abusing it?

Is the Ps plus collection a limited time thing?

Don't think you need to be worried about two or three family accounts. I'm not kidding, I saw a case here in Brazil in a Facebook group where the guy connected more than 200 accounts to his console. This is the kind of stuff Sony is cracking down on.

As for the duration of the Collection, I don't think they've said anything about it. For what we know it's there indefinitely.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Depends if you can make enough money back on your 'smash my PS5' video to cover the cost of the banned unit and a new PS5.