• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 10, 2018
Brazil
So, I'm a Brazilian stuck in a shitty economy. As you may know, a PS5 is worth 10 times more here. Today I found this dude who got his PS5 banned for logging other accounts on it for that PS Collection thing. I cannot find a consensus on this: is the banning ever going to be lifted or nah?

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Do you ever intend to play online?

If yes, don't. That hardware is a brick from now till eternity.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
That seems like a bad idea unless you get it for stupid cheap. Doubt the ban will be lifted.

Oct 28, 2017
Console bans are in general, permanent without any chance of being lifted. You could contact support if you get the serial and ask for info on the length of the ban, but its likely to be permanent.

Ricky Baker

Sep 30, 2020
No. The world is moving to online nowadays. A PS5 banned from online play may as well be a nice and oddly shaped doorstop.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Não faças isso.
Vai-se arrepender se qualquer dia querer comprar um jogo digital ou algo assim.
Mais vale esperar.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Even as an all physical guy this is a "hell no." You won't be able to access PSN for *anything* and that includes patches or streaming services. The console is trash, sorry.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Its likely banned for life, it could also just be IP banned. But if your not playing online, then the system would still be useful. I think game updates are still possible, even without a PSN account.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Você não precisa de um ps5 agora.

If you can't get a ps5 in the price they are paying on stores, you don't need a ps5 right now on brazil.
You will find the same roadblock for everything. Games will be too expensive, controllers will be too expensive.

Wait till either you have more money, the console is cheaper or the economic situation gets better

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe they're banning consoles for that shit. That's what we need Sony, more perfectly useable electronics bricked for no reason to pack our landfills.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
It needs to be like sub 500(I googled what was the equivalent of 100usd) for me to bite. Can it even update? Do they ever lift these bans?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The ones I saw were for like 2300~2500, the OG price is 4599(in our currency).
Yes, it's less, but not worth it at all.
Yeah, that's definitely not worth it, I'd consider buying it for like $50 - $100 USD (if it could at least update physical games, I've seen mixed reports if you can do that or not on console banned systems)

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what if they actually start releasing games that don't need patches again? then you're raking in the gaming goodness.

EDIT wait, you can patch stuff? i guess i don't know what it means to have a banned playstation.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Do it. Even if you can't download a single game, Astro Bot comes pre-installed! Good bye last gen, hello $500 Astro Bot machine!

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
If you ONLY play single player games and if the ban still lets you get game patches and you only buy physical games... and it's like half the price...maybe it's worth it?

Otherwise no way.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Oh, game patches are working fine on the system and it can also play all the physical and digital games already installed.

have you looked how much they are asking for physical ps5 games ?

a PS5 without ps+ is absolutely insanity here in brazil.
Unless you are super rich. Which the opening post already proves you are not.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
I'd lean no.

Even if you could play physical games and download patches, you will still be locked out of PSN it seems, and there are some games that are only available digitally.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
If it was the end of gen and maybe there's a good homebrew scene, maybe. Right now it's the start of a new generation and the console is just at the start of its support, all the money you put into a banned console now only removes you further from getting an unbanned one. I don't think the ban will be lifted so save your money.

Oct 27, 2017
You can probably get it and use it for hacking once hacking becomes a thing but I wouldn't recommend it.

Just get a normal one in a year or so.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Patches may work, but you'd be buying a console that is one month old and you could miss on a lot of games that never get published here in Brazil physically.

Não faz isso.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You don't need one, the games aren't going anywhere. Get one in a year.