• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when the PS4 was launching in Japan, there was an ad showing how powerful it was compared to a PS3.

So just how powerful are the PS5 and Xbox Series X (and Lockheart) in terms of Dragon Ball power levels?

Found it:
ps4-frieza-final-form.original.jpg

Last edited:

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know enough yet?

You could say SX is Ascended Trunks and PS5 is stayed-as SSJ1 in time chamber for ages Goku

shVsmdH.png

7BpqPZ3.png

Trunks has more power but Goku is faster and still pretty powerful so effectively better

I have no idea if any of that crap is true as I haven't really been deep into the specs past PS5 has faster load times due to how the SSD is accessed or somesuch

Last edited:

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
with new tech like the SSD and i/o and whatever other secret sauce they got going on in each one, power levels are ever less relevant than before, plus gone are the days of 720p or 900p, normal people don't see a different between 1800p vs 4K or checkboarding, it just looks good and thats all that matters.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Saiyan Saga
PS5 - Vegeta
XSX - Goku (Kaioken)
Lockhart - Nappa

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The PS5/XSX are Goku Ultra Instinct while PS4/X1 are SSJ1 imo.

I think this way because loading times are a huge deal to me.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it comes down to SS vs SS3 vs SSG this round.

I think its more about making the most use of power.

From what I've gathered, XSX is like Vegeta after training in the time chamber to fight Cell. He got strong as fuck but didn't make the most of his speed. He wasn't efficient. When Goku(PS5) came out, he didn't have as much raw power, but he became more efficient at using his power. They were both able to kind of do the same thing, just one more efficiently than the other.

Edit: Beaten by sir_crocodile

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I know people are going to immediately jump to DB Super power levels (because it's the new shit), but the Cell Saga power scaling and variations in speed/power dynamic make more sense imo.

Last edited:

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
maxresdefault.jpg

He's not smiling because Xbox took the joy out of next gen or something

Technesis

Apr 13, 2019
I'd say the closest comparrion would be
Super Vegeta = PS5

And Ultra Super Saiyan Trunks = Xbox Series X
5512185-ayau6s.jpg

Super Vegeta is strong and very fast but Ultra Trunks is even stronger but not as fast.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the closest comparrion would be
Super Vegeta = PS5

And Ultra Super Saiyan Trunks = Xbox Series X
5512185-ayau6s.jpg

Super Vegeta is strong and very fast but Ultra Trunks is even stronger but not as fast.

I feel bad for knowing this, but Super Vegeta's whole deal was that he gave up agility for strength, no?
Don't remember what the deal was with Trunks. They did him dirty with that form and hair. Yuck.

Mine would go:

PS5: Future Trunks
XBSX: Goku post-Namek
XBO: King Cool
PS4: Robo Frieza

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
all-cell-forms-dbz-kakarot.jpg

Cell 1st form = PS2
Cell 2nd form = PS3
Cell (Perfect Form) = PS4
Perfect Cell = PS4 Pro

1522617622_5ac0f97c70bb2.jpg

Cell Dorado = PS5

Technesis

Apr 13, 2019
I feel bad for knowing this, but Super Vegeta's whole deal was that he gave up agility for strength, no?
Don't remember what the deal was with Trunks. They did him dirty with that form and hair. Yuck.
Nope thats the opposite. Super Vegeta was a more powerful Super Saiyan but it wasn't the strongest he could go to that would make him give up agility for strength. Goku demonstrated this to Gohan where as it was Trunks who made the bad trade. Goku and Vegeta knew this hence why Trunks got slapped around by Cell.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Nope thats the opposite. Super Vegeta was a more powerful Super Saiyan but it wasn't the strongest he could go to that would make him give up agility for strength. Goku demonstrated this to Gohan where as it was Trunks who made the bad trade. Goku and Vegeta knew this hence why Trunks got slapped around by Cell.

Gotcha. Seems I'm due for a rewatch! :D

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know enough yet?

You could say SX is Ascended Trunks and PS5 is stayed-as SSJ1 in time chamber for ages Goku

shVsmdH.png

7BpqPZ3.png

Trunks has more power but Goku is faster and still pretty powerful so effectively better

I have no idea if any of that crap is true as I haven't really been deep into the specs past PS5 has faster load times due to how the SSD is accessed or somesuch
But this Goku is stronger lmao.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
He's stronger in that form? Are you sure?

I remember that trunks was said to be strong enough to kill cell easily in that form if he ever actually got at him, and Goku left the fight to Gohan
He is. Goku at the Cell Games is only surpassed by Cell and Gohan.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could you guys do this to all the consoles from all generations using this chart?

laymqavqxey11.png