• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game?

• FFXIV HW+

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Divinity OS2

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • P5 Royal

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nier Automata

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So I have a shiny new PS5 and a (significantly less shiny actually quite old) new home to move into!

Unfortunately, I'm still working on setting up "me" space so for the next few months, I'll be gaming on a 1080p 21" monitor instead of my usual 65" 4K TV.

I want to use this time to sink into a story-heavy game that doesn't lean on HDR/4K a lot.

My options:

FFXIV Heavensward (and after): I stopped before HW and forgot how to play SCH. I heard the expansions are great, but it is a daunting task relearning my class and cleaning up my inventory. I probably have a few hours of 2.3+ quests I need to do before HW as well.

Divinity OS2: I heard this is great (though part of me wants to wait for BG3 to hit consoles to try the engine) but I wonder how the console version plays on a 21" screen.

Persona 5 Royal (very easy mode): The combat doesn't interest me, and I bounced off the original version after 8 hours or so, but I did love the ensemble and camaraderie of P4 Golden Vita and miss that vibe.

Nier Automata: I liked what I played a long time ago but got distracted. I don't like the idea of replaying content, though.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like you dont want to play ANY of those games at all lol

• FFXIV is the best choice. Best game on that list and Nier is in it
  • Divinity OS2 is AMAZING. What a fun damn game
  • Persona 5R: If you don't like the combat and got bored in 8 hours, what makes you think you'll enjoy a longer version of the game? not much is different between hour 8 and 108
  • Nier is an absolutely amazing game and you're going to have to replay it a little bit with each ending.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
- FFXIV: yes, come join us
- Divinity OS2: no opinion
- P5R: if you bounced off P5 in a couple of hours I'm not sure why you think you'd stick with P5R
- Nier: no strong opinion, I'm personally not a big fan

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Nier Automata: I liked what I played a long time ago but got distracted. I don't like the idea of replaying content, though.
Then it definitely isn't the game for you lol, to get to the true ending you have to repeat a big chunk of the game with worse gameplay

Personally I think FFXIV is garbage so would never commend that and I don't think P5R would solve your issues with the game. If you bounced after 8 hours, you're not going to like a version of the game that's even longer. No idea about Divinity.

Try a visual novel?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
got any good suggestions? i loved Ace Attorney trilogy but thats all i ever played
I'm replaying Ace Attorney Trilogy now, damn it's good. There's all the other Ace Attorney games but none on PlayStation...

Danganronpa is probably the most similar if you want Ace Attorney but with more anime/violence/general over the topness.

The Zero Escape games are solid plus have puzzles, they're a bit more mature/dry than Danganronpa so I prefer them in that respect. They are in the 'bootable' section of PS5 games so you may have minor issues with them.

Steins;Gate is very good and highly recommended. I haven't played but have heard good things about The House in Fata Morgana

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If you want a game to sink months into, it's 100% FFXIV. In August they revamped the original game and with flying you should get through 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5 much quicker. Exp was also boosted. You are so close to some of the best content in the game with the Heavensward expansion, and I'd say some of the greatest story in Final Fantasy as a whole. You will be busy for many long hours.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
A Plague's Tale.

I'm shocked at how good this is. Puts most AAA releases to shame in terms of story and cinematography.

Reminds me a lot of The Last of Us.

Game is fairly short, though. Roughly 10-12 hours long.