• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I love my mouse, I have a roccat emp which has served me well for years but... The wires...

I normally spend days researching on articles off Google before making a purchase but now I feel like asking you guys.

Any reccomendations?

Money isn't a issue, I would like best of best.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Any recent model from Logitech that has "Gaming" in it will serve you well.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Yeah, any of the latest Logitech Lightspeed mice.
I finally made the jump from a Razer Deathadder to a wireless Logitech G502 Lightspeed mouse and recommend it.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just bought a Logitech G Pro Wireless and it's great. Really nice shape (in my opinion), weight and really low latency.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
i believe the best of the best is currently the g pro wireless and viper ultimate. roccat has their own wireless offering in the kain aimo 200/202. im currently going in between the aimo 202 and logitech g305. kinda hard for me to settle on which one i prefer but im leaning towards the g305 because the battery life is just too good. previously had a g703 that suffered from double clicking, so thats out. honestly any modern "gaming" wireless mouse is fine, the sensors are so good and lag is imperceptible that it isnt worth discussing. really just comes down to what shape you prefer.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I've had two Logitech MX Master mice. THey're both kinda shit for the price. Neither are as good as the MX Revolution, and I've had issues with a drifting track wheel on both of them... Mechnical failures which make using the wheel in freespin mode useless, because after stopping, it'll "Drift" the scroll bar up or down. They both shipped with these issues.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I use the razer atheris as a laptop mouse. It's very good as you can connect using bluetooth but can connect us a dongle when you are playing games for less latency. That's if you want something portable.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
edit: oh, this was in gaming and y'all are talking gaming mice, lol. carry on!

Last edited:
OP
OP
haradaku7

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
G602 using 2 AA seems bad to me, even with the quoted 250h life time, a chargeable Dock sounds better.

People who have used the viper ultimate are 2 extra side buttons on the outer side get in the way or are they actually functional with the ring and pinky?

Tim Aza

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stockton, CA
+1 for the G305 if you use fingertip grip and if you think you'll like a lightweight gaming mouse. It's already pretty light with a AA battery, but you can make it even lighter by using a AAA to AA converter.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
G602 using 2 AA seems bad to me, even with the quoted 250h life time, a chargeable Dock sounds better.

People who have used the viper ultimate are 2 extra side buttons on the outer side get in the way or are they actually functional with the ring and pinky?

They don't feel like they're in the way at all, but I've never tried to actually use those. Thought they were there more for left handed people.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Logitech G602 is really good and not super expensive.
I have this mouse too and I agree. The battery life is incredible and lasts me about 4-6 months. And it's user replaceable so no anxiety with degraded battery life over time. The only downside is that it's a bit heavy. You can use one AA battery instead of two if you want to make it lighter but the battery life halves. I don't think that's an issue because of it's excellent overall battery life. It's also very comfortable. I think all those overpriced gamery mice are not worth it. Despite how cheap this mouse, I have never thought about replacing it. I mean all of my other PC accessories are much more expensive.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017

You can use it with one AA instead of two which drastically reduces the weight.

zombipuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I use a Logitech G Pro Wireless. I like it a decent amount. Battery lasts a while before you have to recharge, and it recharges fairly quickly. Overpriced though.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Razer Basalisk here, I have big hands so it's always looking for the right size.

I do like it though, My previous one was a Logitech G502 which was great too.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I just got a G502 lightspeed with the corsair k63+lapboard for my living room and it's heaven.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
G305 has been my go-to recommendation for a while now.
It's small and light, with a great sensor. It runs off a single AA battery, and you can swap that out for a AAA with an adapter if you want to shave off even more weight.
Unlike most gaming mice, it's also available in white rather than black, and doesn't look too far removed from a standard office mouse rather than a Michael Bay Transformer.

I recommend avoiding rechargeable mice unless it comes with a dock. Having to remember to plug in the mouse all the time, or using it wired while it charges, is awful.
With a mouse like the G305 you can use Eneloops and keep a spare battery in the charger at all times.

Logitech G602 is really good and not super expensive.
This is a big and heavy mouse (even with one battery) that has an old sensor and polls at 500Hz.
It's not a bad mouse - I really like the side-button layout - but it's not one that I'd recommend someone buy now; at least not for gaming.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I just bought the SteelSeries 650 wireless and came from the Logitech G502. Both mouses cost between 100-150. I feel like the SteelSeries feels more sturdy and qualitative. But the Logitech feels better in hand.

Oct 27, 2017
The Viper Ultimate is great (for FPS games - for other genres, you might want some more buttons) if you can get a working one, but I'm on my third, as every single one I've had has developed the same fault with one or both of the buttons getting really creaky and crunchy (there's some plastic rubbing somewhere in the mechanism). Super-frustrating, as in every other respect it's my perfect mouse and fits me like a glove.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I love the G702/G402 despite poor battery life, but that's really only because of the good shape and excellent side buttons. No clue why so many mouse manufacturers are opting for slim, tiny side buttons for human-sized thumbs. That shit bothers me. Go big or go back to the drawing board.

OP
OP
haradaku7

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
The Viper Ultimate is great (for FPS games - for other genres, you might want some more buttons) if you can get a working one, but I'm on my third, as every single one I've had has developed the same fault with one or both of the buttons getting really creaky and crunchy (there's some plastic rubbing somewhere in the mechanism). Super-frustrating, as in every other respect it's my perfect mouse and fits me like a glove.
Ouch that rules that out lol.