• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I searched before making this thread and...i actually found 4 threads from last year that died with little no replies, so i thought it wouldn't make sense to bump up any of those, so although i need help finding a song, let's not use it just for me, let's use this like many other threads of the kind where people come with their own "lost media" they're trying to find again.

Anyways, for mine i actually have a name for the song, i believe it's "Rainforest" but due to the common noun nature of the word, it's pretty hard to find the specific song im looking for and i don't remember what the artist's name was, so im going to post all the clues i have:

-It was part of a compilation CD called "Sounds of the world", i have tried searching for that CD and im not finding any trace of it ever existing! Im beginning to suspect that, despite the name, it might have been only made for mexico.
-Heard the cd on a demo station on a mall around the early to mid 2000s
-The CD included the X files theme as what is possibly the most recognizable track at the time included on it.
-Other songs included on the CD that i remember:
-Montezuma by Cusco
-Equinox part 5 by Jean Michel Jarre
Searching Rainforest coupled with these songs has yielded no results
-It's not a techno song, im just writing this to weed out a ton of stuff that will pop up in Youtube if you search the name.

Anyways i would appreciate help because this has been driving me nuts for years, but feel free to just post a song you want to be identified for you to find!

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Come to think of it, there's a track I heard maybe 10 years ago that was some sort of remix but not too sure but I it was on YouTube at the time but the track has been since deleted.. It's sung by Kagamine Rin and maybe some other vocaloids but not 100% sure. It starts out slow, using a sort of music box type of chime of music. A few hums along with the lyrics but I can't remember them for the life of me. The music eventually builds into more of band like sound but ehhhh. The song comes to mind every so often but it drives me nuts I can't find.

Not sure on your song OP :(

OP
OP
PSqueak

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a compilation that contains the X-Files theme and a Cusco song, but it's not Montezuma, and Jarre but it's not Part 5

Title translates to "The Worlds Best Hits"

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Инструментальная-Музыка-Лучшие-Мировые-Хиты-Том-4/release/9379024

That album is actually very similar to the compilation CD im talking about but indeed that's not it.

However, ironically enough, the making of this thread made me realize i never before had thought about the fact that a CD called "Sounds of the world" actually could have been released only in mexico until i pointed it out here, as soon as i had the chance i actually added mexico to my searches (which i embarassingly had never done in over a decade trying to find the song) and managed to track down a picture of the CD in mercado libre (think Latinamerican ebay), with the back cover listing all the tracks, i found the song!

So i hope anybody else still can use this thread.

Come to think of it, there's a track I heard maybe 10 years ago that was some sort of remix but not too sure but I it was on YouTube at the time but the track has been since deleted.. It's sung by Kagamine Rin and maybe some other vocaloids but not 100% sure. It starts out slow, using a sort of music box type of chime of music. A few hums along with the lyrics but I can't remember them for the life of me. The music eventually builds into more of band like sound but ehhhh. The song comes to mind every so often but it drives me nuts I can't find.

Not sure on your song OP :(

Gonna keep it real with you chief, this is to vague a description for me to help you, sorry.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
This is a handy thread, I was gonna make an ID thread for something in this mashup/chopped and screwed mixtape:

(timestamp is at 16 minutes if it doesn't work)

What's the track with the amazing bassline that's playing under Trick Daddy - Nann Nigga?

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for a vocaloid song. It's like super emo probs miku started off with a like piano and maybe violin riff then it cuts to this loud like metal section that I can only describe in memory a
Ah ahhhhhh ah ah ah ahhh ah ah ah

If you can find it, I'll be impressed. I remember being directed to it, via YouTube from miku sabbath

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017

Okay I have something that should help. Had to use one of those virtual piano sites but it gets the job done.

Go to:
https://virtualpiano.net/

Go to Menu > Recorder (you might have to clock on Autoplay, then Recorder)

Then copy and paste: e{942}y{201}y{555}u{609}o{599}I{657}y{613}e{608}r{969}y{201}y{592}r{595}e{600}w{605}e{1398}r{936}y{201}y{1100}u{662}o{563}I{684}y{1138}p{532}o{543}y{539}r{570}E{1246}e

DemonFox

Oct 29, 2017
Guys, I need your help. I am looking for a song for the last year or so. I must have listened to it about ten years ago. It's an mostly instrumental song. The song is pretty long, I think maybe 30 minutes? Ihad 3 songs from this artist and I think he or she may be Japanese? The song starts with some raindrop sound and misc noises that, as the song goes on start to make a melody. At its climax you year a loud sigh from a female voice and a violin kicks in and the piece starts to make a nice melody. I thought the name of the piece was Stella but I can't find anything with that name. It's driving me insane.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I need your help. I am looking for a song for the last year or so. I must have listened to it about ten years ago. It's an mostly instrumental song. The song is pretty long, I think maybe 30 minutes? Ihad 3 songs from this artist and I think he or she may be Japanese? The song starts with some raindrop sound and misc noises that, as the song goes on start to make a melody. At its climax you year a loud sigh from a female voice and a violin kicks in and the piece starts to make a nice melody. I thought the name of the piece was Stella but I can't find anything with that name. It's driving me insane.

Amadare by Keiko Yamada?

Last edited:

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately that's not the one, even tough it fits the description. I remember the song being very long. Man, I wish I had more to go on. But thanks anyway!

One more try, KASHIWA DAISUKE - Stella, see post below

You actually were pretty accurate in what you remembered.

Last edited:

Deleted member 27843

User requested account closure
Oct 30, 2017

The description says it's a Jordyn Edmonds song, but I think that's referring to the music in the intro. I went through every song of his and couldn't find it, unless I missed it. The song in question starts at 7:13

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe someone here can help. Looking for the name for the music from this video. Especially the first track is the most interesting to me. But I can imagine that if you identify one, you find the rest, too. The description doesn't help, and there are people in the comments wondering the same.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Push, I am looking for the real version of this song (I think the Youtube one here is a cover of the old song)

I've finally found the sound, but I am sure this is not the original one, but I am also not sure.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
OUuKIjn.jpg

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Push, I am looking for the real version of this song (I think the Youtube one here is a cover of the old song)

I've finally found the sound, but I am sure this is not the original one, but I am also not sure.

Memory from the musical Cats, though the Barbara Streisand version may be the most famous.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
If anyone knows what the music is starting at 0:54s you would do me a great favor, I've been trying to find it for sooo long. It's not from the game.

adamma666

Oct 27, 2017
I am looking for a music video of the early to mid 2000s. I guess it must have been 03, 04 or 05. The music was chill and somber/melancholic electronic music, I don't recall if there were any lyrics. I only saw the video once on TV, but I remember liking the song very much.
If I recall correctly, in the video a dude is sitting in a diner/bar at night and I think it was raining outside. He was scribbling or drawning something onto a napkin. Two women come inside the diner/bar, he stands up, gives them the napkin and leaves. Yep, that is all I remember, but I have no clue what it was. Does anyone remember something like this?

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Looking for an old school rap song. Around the time of Tupac and Biggie. It's two people in the rap song. One of the guys does the beats with his vocal cords alone and the other one raps. I believe a lot of rappers like biggie smalls references the song I'm looking for. I'm a little bit sure it might've been on Hypnotize.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Song from early 2000's (2000-2006)
Music video clip consisted of final fantasy style airships flying through the sky.
I think it was like alt-rock'ish, possibly leaning towards pop.

Unfortunately that's all i remember. Couldnt tell you anything about the lyrics.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Anyone know the name of this song?

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Anyone know the name of this song?

Song from early 2000's (2000-2006)
Music video clip consisted of final fantasy style airships flying through the sky.
I think it was like alt-rock'ish, possibly leaning towards pop.

Unfortunately that's all i remember. Couldnt tell you anything about the lyrics.

Possibly this? I used to listen to the song a ton in 2006/2007, and the airship towards the end is one of the more memorable things about the video.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ok so I have been trying to find this song and absolutely can't.

It's Tina Turner-esque, might even be from her but I looked and can't find so I doubt it.
Feels like a movie credits music, like it would belong in Mad Max, 80s movie-like in sound and lyrics.
It's not Thunderdome/We Don't Need Another Hero, not One of the Living.
I can't even remember how it sounded like, I just know I did once and couldn't find it.
I am fairly sure it's actually a guy singing.
Looked through all the Rocky music; not Burning Hearts, not Eye of the Tiger, not No Easy Way Out, not Gonna Fly Now, not Hearts on Fire. Not You're the Best from Karate Kid.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017

It's Tina Turner-esque, might even be from her but I looked and can't find so I doubt it.
Feels like a movie credits music, like it would belong in Mad Max, 80s movie-like in sound and lyrics.
I can't even remember how it sounded like, I just know I did once and couldn't find it.
Looked through all the Rocky music; not Burning Hearts, not Eye of the Tiger, not No Easy Way Out, not Gonna Fly Now, not Hearts on Fire. Not You're the Best from Karate Kid.

Final Countdown?

David Addison

Oct 28, 2017

Unless you add more details, you're basically asking for every cheesy 1980s anthem that's not in your list.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Here's a song I swear I remember hearing when I was younger but for the life of me have never been able to find.

I wanna say it would have been mid-late 90s, and it was one of those godawful rap remixes with a sample of "hang on sloopy" playing throughout.

I THINK the only lyrics I remember are "whadda, whaddabout sloopy?"

I have tried to google songs that sampled Hang on Sloopy but nothing has ever come up, I'm not even sure if the song exists or of its some errant memory in my mind.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Here's a song I swear I remember hearing when I was younger but for the life of me have never been able to find.

I wanna say it would have been mid-late 90s, and it was one of those godawful rap remixes with a sample of "hang on sloopy" playing throughout.

I THINK the only lyrics I remember are "whadda, whaddabout sloopy?"

I have tried to google songs that sampled Hang on Sloopy but nothing has ever come up, I'm not even sure if the song exists or of its some errant memory in my mind.

This?

scoobs

Nov 9, 2017
This is a long shot. Been trying to get people to ID this on and off for years. This is the ending section of some random song, and I don't know what it's from. Maybe either from a video game, or from a TV show? I tried playing it on piano (link below). The chords and notes are pretty close, from what I remember. Meaning, if you're familiar with whatever the original song is, you'd recognize it easily in this sample. I'm pretty sure the main instrument in the original is piano, not sure what the backing is.

Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

Vocaroo is a quick and easy way to share voice messages over the interwebs.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so, I also didn't find a song for a long time and maybe someone knows:

Song from a soul woman
Sings something like "I know you want (or need) her (or me dunno)."
Song is more slow and well, soul. More deep voice than high. That's all I remember lol. I was too slow with Shazam and then never heard it again. Basically was like "Damn that songs gud!" and basically came up with the idea last second to use Shazam, as nearly fucking always lol. Might be newer but I really don't know, heard it around 3(?) months ago.

acruztic

Mar 10, 2020
Anyone know the name of this song and artist. All I got for you is that I believe it starts by saying "My loooooveeeeee is trueeeeee" (I think) I'm pretty sure it's an old song by a well-known artist singer. The melody and that first line are stuck in my head.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Hey ERA, I need your help. My friend is looking for a song from the around 2010 (she says sometime between 2008-2014 might be the time frame).
She thinks the genre was indie or alternative with male vocals and the band might have been in their 20s back then. All she remembers is that in the video a woman or girl was slowly walking into the ocean.