• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
EXCLUSIVE: Derek Kolstad, the screenwriter behind the John Wick series, is collaborating with Amazon Studios to develop a live-action feature film based on the iconic Japanese action-horror manga Hellsing.

"Ever since my brother introduced me to the Hellsing manga and anime some years ago, I've been obsessed with adapting it," Kolstad said. "And when Mike Callaghan and his team managed to secure the rights to then partner us up with Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Amazon, I mean -damn, dude- this is a dream."

deadline.com

‘John Wick’ Scribe Derek Kolstad And Amazon Studios Teaming Up On Adaptation Of Japanese Manga ‘Hellsing’

Derek Kolstad, the screenwriter behind the John Wick series, is collaborating with Amazon Studios to develop a live-action feature film based on the iconic Japanese action-horror manga Hellsing.

I absolutely love Hellsing, this could be very cool

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I love Hellsing, Seras and Integra are my favorites. Not sure on live action, but I'm game.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
If it's R-rated I honestly think a live-action Hellsing with some CG budget would translate just fine.

It's basically just a vampires/zombies action movie/series, there's been plenty of live-action movies about those.

*edit* Oh yeah, and lots of Nazis. That's probably fine too in live-action.

Mar 21, 2018
This will suck on a billion levels. There's no way they're going to throw enough money at this to animate the insane scenes depicted in the manga/anime.

Plus, I don't see them keeping the Catholic/Protestant angle intact for American audiences. Hell, I don't trust them to keep the Nazi antagonists as well.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
This will suck on a billion levels. There's no way they're going to throw enough money at this to animate the insane scenes depicted in the manga/anime.

Plus, I don't see them keeping the Catholic/Protestant angle intact for American audiences. Hell, I don't trust them to keep the Nazi antagonists as well.

That would be sad...it's British setting is hella important. With that said, i don't see why they cant keep the religious angle.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
If it's Ultimate, hopefully, it's without the...more fucked up scenes. If you watched HU, you know the two.

Last edited:

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hellsing is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I don't see how you do it justice in a live action show, especially w/ tv budget

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm both excited and nervous to see this. Excited because I love Hellsing so much..nervous cz I don't know if they will do a good job in translating it into live action

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Its gonna suck but hope they actually make Alucard seem powerful

Last edited:

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Hellsing has a lot of potential as a live action adaptation. I doubt it'll be great, but who knows.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
So they basically saw Alucard has 2 guns and went, "hmm...didn't John Wick has 2 guns? lets contact the writer of that".

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
YES I eagerly await to see the clusterfuck that is going to be Alucard against that shitty speedster wanna be vampire!

Last edited:

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Here, I found it:

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.