• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Saibot Studios has announced its new project which is a first person shooter. Developed in Unreal Engine 4, Hellbound feeds from the mechanics of genre classics such as DOOM, Quake and Duke Nukem 3D. In order to celebrate this announcement, Saibot released a teaser trailer for Hellbound, and you can view it below.
The game is inspired by DOOM, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood and many other shooters of the past. The experience is focused on shooting, explosions, blood and speed.
Players take control of Hellgore, a big-ass motherf*cker who kills demons in Hell. And that's it. While there will be a story, it won't be the main focus on the game. According to the press release, the real protagonists are the fast-paced action and the gory violence.
Hellbound will be available very soon in PC, first as a Survival Mode that will equip players with the heaviest fire guns of Hell to pit them against hordes of fearsome demons and other monstrous enemies.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the premise definitely has my attention. Wish there was more than an actual teaser tho.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Huh.
From the studio name I figured that maybe John Tobias was getting back into games, but I guess it's not related to him at all and looks like they have been around a little bit already.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I love those kinds of shooters, but the dude and his gun scream generic throwaway design. Like something that you'd see in a movie or TV show where they have an off-brand Doom type shooter. I get that it's something of an homage, but I don't think that should excuse a total lack of unique identity.

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really like the recent trend of retro FPSes. I guess devs have realized how popular Brutal Doom and other mods are.

Helmic

Nov 7, 2017
I love those kinds of shooters, but the dude and his gun scream generic throwaway design. Like something that you'd see in a movie or TV show where they have an off-brand Doom type shooter. I get that it's something of an homage, but I don't think that should excuse a total lack of unique identity.

I was thinking that maybe that character would serve as something of a replacement for Duke Nukem since that old bastard didn't age well at all, what with his overt sexism. But then I remembered we aleady have the new Doomguy who accomplishes the same self-aware ultra-violent charm without needing to say a word.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry for the necrobump but I couldn't find another thread. This is out now, has anyone had chance to play?

Oct 27, 2017
I played the demo last night and liked it, any word on overall length? Any other game modes besides campaign (or whatever they call it)?

Considering I haven't finished Doom Eternal and with Serious Sam 4 due out this month I think I have the classic PC shooter niche filled out so I'll likely pass after all unless it's highly recommended.

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I played the demo last night and liked it, any word on overall length? Any other game modes besides campaign (or whatever they call it)?

Considering I haven't finished Doom Eternal and with Serious Sam 4 due out this month I think I have the classic PC shooter niche filled out so I'll likely pass after all unless it's highly recommended.

Steam reviews say the campaign weighs in at a mere two hours or so and there are no supplementary modes. To be fair, however, this is mostly reflected in the $15 price, and the game is currently 20% off, making it $12. But, yeah, if you have other stuff to play, you might as well wait for the next sale.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017

I spent half an hour clearing the first three maps only to read on the steam forums that thats half the game (6 levels + a boss). Theres a "survival mode" in the menu i havent checked out, i assume its clearing waves. The games alright as gaming junk food, but ive played cheaper (or even free) old school throwbacks with a similar runtime this year that ive enjoyed more so I think youre good with Doom and Sam