• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The power of Xbox Series X was first demonstrated with the unveiling of Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
The team will be building the game on Unreal 5 and leveraging the power of Xbox Series X to bring the Hellblade franchise to levels never before seen. The footage shown
was captured in-engine and reflects the power of Xbox Series X available to developers to deliver new universes, experiences and games in ways you have never imagined.

news.xbox.com

Everything You Need to Know about Xbox Series X and The Future of Xbox… So Far - Xbox Wire

MORE IMMERSIVE AND RESPONSIVE GAMES FROM THE WORLD’S MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE The Xbox Series X will be the ultimate console for players who want the most immersive games from a device designed, built and optimized for gaming with zero compromises. Powered by our next generation, custom designed...

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Guess it won't be a launch title in that case. 2022 maybe?

Edit: Nevermind. Was thinking of Everwild that was supposed to be launch window.

Last edited:

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It was on Unreal 4 before right? Wonder if switching engined is easy or hard, unreal to unreal.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
neat. are they going to show some gameplay in july or does this mean it'll be a while before they can do that?

Oct 27, 2017
UE5 isn't available until late 2021 or am I mistaken?

that would mean no Hellblade until then or 2022 right? Makes sense I guess considering Xbox isn't doing next gen only games for first year or two

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Does this mean a delay potentially? At least an internal one.
Nope because it was always using it. It's just a PR thing, I'm expecting Coalition to come out and say it and same with The Initiative. I said this when UE5 was revealed. Almost every one of these next gen games were already on this engine and just "branding" UE5 on it to keep expectations up and hype each studios games.

www.resetera.com

With Unreal Engine 5 and studio sharing, could Microsoft's First Party output quality explode?

I wouldn't be surprised if any of those UE titles were running on UE5 already.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it would be out sooner than but that's ok it will be awesome whenever it comes out

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people assuming this means 2022, I would not be surprised to see some of these teams have access to Unreal 5 already and be helping Epic tweak it for commercial use.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome. Can't wait. Expecting it to be a graphical showcase. This also gives me hope it may be a next-gen only title.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
There is nothing in the article that suggests that Hellblade 2 started development on UE4, or that what we saw wasn't UE5.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think this is obvious going by what they showed off. Initially seen as not real, the UE5 tech demo really put things into focus. Probably a 2021 launch but they need to take their time and make it amazing.