• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 3, 2019
the sweet smell of must and good old white mayo all over me.

50207e05745e7b8d81b2955bea86adf2.gif

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
regardless of the usefulness of any of the chosen flavor combinations, Hanch is an utterly stupid name.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
regardless of the usefulness of any of the chosen flavor combinations, Hanch is an utterly stupid name.
Yeah, the whole point of goofy word mashups like that are to make it easy to figure out what it is.

I tried to guess what the "H" in "Hanch" was and I definitely failed. Horseradish was the only "H" condiment I couldn't think of but that doesn't seem like a great combo with ranch, haha.

Hot Sauce and ranch actually sounds good, but I'd never have guessed that's what it was from the name.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I've had mayo with wasabi in Japan (and at home after discovering it) and it's pretty good, but it isn't that green lol

It's probably the horseradish and mustard mix they use in place of wasabi pretty much throughout the world, rather than actual wasabi. Hell, even most places in Japan don't use real wasabi anymore. I really doubt they're wasting it on this stuff.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
It's probably the horseradish and mustard mix they use in place of wasabi pretty much throughout the world, rather than actual wasabi. Hell, even most places in Japan don't use real wasabi anymore. I really doubt they're wasting it on this stuff.
Of course lol
No one is mixing real wasabi and mayo lol
But the fake wasabi is still good imo.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
ngl hanch sounds like it could be a good dipping sauce, I'd try it if they had a smaller bottle
but I def wouldn't assume "hanch" is for hot ranch, and would think it's the name of some victorian torture equipment

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
"Wasabioli" makes me think of ravioli and "tarchup" makes me think of tar being mixed into ketchup. Terrible names, really, but I guess there's a reason people get paid for this stuff and I don't.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
HANCH is a terrible name. I kept trying to think of what the H stood for.

Also, anytime I see Heinz/Kraft I always want to mention how terrible they treat their employees, from the plants all the way up to their corporate folks.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Damn, those names are something else.

Most are probably fine, though...but seem pointless if you have the base condiments on their own.

Except for Tartar sauce + ketchup. Gross.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I have a bottle of mayochup and some other company's version of Hanch in the fridge right now that my mother bought. They're actually really good, the hot sauce + ranch combo surprisingly so.

IMO the mayochup is a bit silly because I've made it myself all the time, but I can't deny the convenience of always having a bottle of it right there.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Trader Joes stopped selling their Wasabi mayo. That stuff makes a sandwich sing.