• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

This is Starz, Stephen. You know what to do 👀

Sunday, August 15 at 9/8c.

Trailer

Set in Georgia, wrestler Jack Spade acts as the villainous antagonist to the hero played by younger brother Ace as they seek to continue their late father's dream of an independent wrestling league.

QmwKrVM.png

Reviews

Decider said:

Entertainment Weekly said:

AV Club said:

Collider said:

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
How long until he tells the heel that he has "Failed this family" and then turns to look at the camera and winks?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to some wrestling podcasts lately the independent wrestling scene seems like a really interesting setting.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
TV Line said:
Stephen Amell's Starz Drama Is Friday Night Lights With Wrestling — and So, So Good

Much like NBC's beloved Friday Night Lights, which captivated football fans and non-fans alike, wrestling knowledge isn't a prerequisite to understand or even enjoy Heels.

Heels is a beautifully shot and well-written love letter to independent wrestling, elevated by an ultra-talented acting ensemble.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I'll be watching it!

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I'll give it a shot as a fan of Arrow & Vikings. Normally the premise isn't something that I'd be into otherwise.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
episode should be up tonight!

Heelz on Stars!

reviews are good check it owt

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Good first episode, show has some potential.

Just realized that was Choo Choo from Justified playing Jim.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Been waiting for this for like a year, the trailer for it made me a little concerned on the wrestling aspect but hopefully with it not being super accurate I can't wait.

Just remembered again that I need to get back into Vikings, I still haven't even watched season five.

Last edited:

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
First episode felt like half a season. They can borrow so many wrestling storylines so that's no problem.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Very good premiere. Excited to see where the season goes from here!

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I heard the word script and character WAY more than I would have liked. I don't know if indie promoters really talk like this.
Yeah and the use of wrestling terms was "inform in the audience" type thing but kind of cringe.

I really hope they tone down the script talk which I'm going to assume they went with instead of putting together the show's format or run sheet though still that's more for TV, I guess their internet thing might count.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Bjorn stays fighting with his brother, at least Jack is less scary to deal with than Ivar.

Oliver whether in Duffy or in Star City still likes doing things his way.

They mentioned WCW and the footage they showed of the rival promotion was from TNA. Wonder if they will keep saying up north, or actually mention WWE.

I guess the women's revolution hasn't hit Duffy, GA yet.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Ace: I NEVER want to be booed again.

The look on Jack's/Amell's face is funny as hell. You can tell he plans on making Ace a heel.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Friday night lights comparison is extremely high praise to me. I'll have to check this out now

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Ace being excited to get Krystal's may have been the highlight of the past episode.

Jack is a dick for not apologizing sooner.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Wasn't wild about the debut episode, but the second one was very good.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
cm punk shows up in the third episode, can't wait to see his character.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
The drone rodent spitting blood all over Jack was fucking amazing.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah it was cool seeing Punk show up and agree about the drone rodent.

Their dad reminded me of Don Fyre in the beginning.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
The show seems great, 3rd episode was pretty good.

How many episodes are in this season?