• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm American but I currently have a coworker visiting Belgium and I'm worried about her. She's been through a lot the past year (husband died from Covid) and needed some much deserved down time. I shot her an email. I know statistically she's likely OK, but would be great to receive confirmation.
She'll most likely be in Brussels or a city like Bruges or Ghent, which are untouched. Hell, I live near Bruges: we've barely seen any rain this week and right now the sun is shining. It's bizzarre to think that shit's underwater and people are dying a mere hour drive away.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

He was called out on that then right? /padme

the "das hat doch damit nichts zu tun" is a german meme going around.

1 complains about X
2 but you did X
3 das hat doch damit nichts zu tun

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's insane that he will get away with that nonsense. It's a tragedy that the Grüne just screwed up so much in the last weeks

This isn't really the topic for this imo, so this will be my last post about it ... but what screw up? The little mistakes Baerbock, and partially not even Baerbock but her ghostwriter, made?

The whole shit was blown out of proportion by intention, as it's been shown that this was conducted by lobby groups close connected to CDU/CSU and FDP.
And the whole mainstream media went with it, sadly.
The biggest indicator about this being done on purpose is the little fact that good old disoriented cattle Laschet has his on "errors" on this CV, yet no one really reported it.

Dude left out his employement as a teach on a college where he was fired because he lost a whole batch of exams from the students and, instead of having the student take the exam again, MADE UP the marks by rolling a dice and by his personal preference of the students.

The whole situation with Baerbock is almost GOP level of a smearing campaign.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
This isn't really the topic for this imo, so this will be my last post about it ... but what screw up? The little mistakes Baerbock, and partially not even Baerbock but her ghostwriter, made?

The whole shit was blown out of proportion by intention, as it's been shown that this was conducted by lobby groups close connected to CDU/CSU and FDP.
The biggest indicator about this being done on purpose is the little fact that good old disoriented cattle Laschet has his on "errors" on this CV, yet no one really reported it.

Dude left out his employement as a teach on a college where he was fired because he lost a whole batch of exams from the students and, instead of having the student take the exam again, MADE UP the marks by rolling a dice and by his personal preference of the students.

lol, wut, I had not heard about that Laschet story. But yea I agree this is mostly a press hit-job against ACAB.

Oct 27, 2017
She'll most likely be in Brussels or a city like Bruges or Ghent, which are untouched. Hell, I live near Bruges: we've barely seen any rain this week and right now the sun is shining. It's bizzarre to think that shit's underwater and people are dying a mere hour drive away.

That's nut…

Does Belgium typically get flooded too?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Footage on the news yesterday was surreal. Some people had to sit on the roof of their house 10+ hours before they got rescued. So many people lost everything and beyond that ofc the actual fatalities, just tragic. This escalated to one of the biggest disasters here pretty quickly. Luckily I live in West Flanders, like most of Flanders we barely saw any rain.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Please don't fall for this shit. And what Bonejack said.
Sorry, didn't mean to say that they screwed up intentionally, but how these little missteps were blown up in the end. I'm green for a while already as I can't stand the rest of the pack at all and I pray to god that I'm wrong with my fears

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
Sorry, didn't mean to say that they screwed up intentionally, but how these little missteps were blown up in the end. I'm green for a while already as I can't stand the rest of the pack at all and I pray to god that I'm wrong with my fears
I don't think you meant any harm, but please do realize by posting stuff like how they screwed up the last weeks is exactly the thing that feeds into the fears you have. And others might read it.
Ehh

That article has absolutely nothing to do with the plagiarism findings or her CV
I was asking for a source to the research being paid for by lobby groups
I mean, who do you think pays for the research to dig up shit from her past? I am talking about lobby groups flinging shit at Baerbock. It's all the same. And I really couldn't care less about her fucking CV.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I don't think you meant any harm, but please do realize by posting stuff like how they screwed up the last weeks is exactly the thing that feeds into the fears you have. And others might read it.

I mean, who do you think pays for the research to dig up shit from her past? I am talking about lobby groups flinging shit at Baerbock. It's all the same. And I really couldn't care less about her fucking CV.
You are right, should have been more clear about it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Another three victims found in Belgium, up to 23 now. Material damage is also becoming clearer, like the entire gas network being gone for some cities. At least six villages without gas.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I dont get how there can be 1300 missing. Are they just counting the towns population?
News reports do say it's about phone towers breaking down, families can't call them anymore and they report that to emergency services. I do hope they are fine but the uncertainty doesn't help.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
A walk through an apartment complately submerged.

people risking their lives to rescue animals

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
water is so damned powerful.

That wastebin is probably like 400lbs? just tossed around like that.

stay safe and help if u can.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Death toll in Germany rises to 133. Over 90 are from the Ahrweiler region alone.