• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
What is going on? Glad no one was hurt.

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/He...jWQ4Bbugh757ql2hNQTdctILv6_8cjXuPpHxwBpwOEPEM

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. The Springfield Police Department says they responded to a call of an active shooter at the Walmart: Neighborhood Market at Republic Rd., near Golden Ave., Thursday evening.

The Springfield Police Department arrived on scene within three minutes of the call. Police stated that a young white male, appearing to be in his twenties, pulled up to the Walmart, where he donned body armor and military fatigues. Police say the man had tactical weapons.

Police then say the man walked into the Walmart: Neighborhood Market where he grabbed a cart and began pushing it around the store. Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone.

The store manager at the Neighborhood Market pulled a fire alarm, urging people to escape the store.

Police say the man then made his way out an emergency exit where a firefighter held the man at gunpoint. At that moment Springfield Police arrived on scene and detained the man.
The Springfield Police Department could not confirm the nature of statements said by the man to those inside of the Walmart, but they do confirm that the man had loaded weapons, and over one hundred rounds of ammunition.

Police also observed many shoppers hiding outside the Walmart and at nearby businesses.
Lieutenant Mike Lucas said it was clear the man's intent was to cause chaos, saying in part, "His intent was not to cause peace or comfort...He's lucky he's alive still, to be honest."
Police identified the man's vehicle and are investigating the possibility of more firearms inside the vehicle.

blurred+photo+person.jpg

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing nobody was hurt.

You wonder what his motivation was since he didn't start shooting. Maybe to cause a panic.

I am guessing he wasn't trying to suicide because then he could have easily forced them to shoot him.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Was what he was doing legal?

If so, it's almost like we should change the laws to reflect modern times.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he was still in a contemplating state. Happy nothing happened. What a country tho

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
"Police then say the man walked into the Walmart: Neighborhood Market where he grabbed a cart and began pushing it around the store. Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone. "

What the hell.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Far Right White Supremacists touting constitutional bullshit and hiding behind open carry just to be a dickhead for 5 mins of fame among his nazi peers.

Edit: Just seen he had Body Armor. This could have gone real bad.

Good job firefighter

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Wal-Mart has been a dangerous place lately. I mean not just lately but it's def got me not wanting to go there.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How many mass shootings in their stores will it take for Walmart to stop selling guns? I feel like 2 within one week might have done it

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps he had all intentions of going on a killing spree until he was facing the reality of it in person.

The filming part is quite strange, though. I think that pokes a hole in my theory.

Jun 17, 2019
Betting anything it's some jackass doing a "social experiment ". He was filming on his phone I bet. That's why he didnt shoot.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Perhaps he had all intentions of going on a killing spree until he was facing the reality of it in person.

The filming part is quite strange, though. I think that pokes a hole in my theory.
Probably wanted to put it on the internet if someone confronted him.
These morons are pro-gun but too big of cowards to join the military.

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
Am I the only one who thinks this dude went into WalMart like this so he wouldn't be the victim of a mass shooting incident due to being armed and guarded?

Demonstrating that that's how you now need to go around in public in order to actually feel safe.

I'm probably wrong -- but would be a wild statement.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
He knew what he was doing and none of it was illegal. From everything i've read he never grabbed or pointed the gun, it was on his person. Open Carry troll, nothing will happen.

It's actually funny the Lt saying he's lucky to be alive.

Nov 30, 2018
I'm sure the focus will be on the firefighter with a gun instead of how this guy got all the equipment and firearms he had

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Dressed like that.
Records himself on his phone the entire time.
Surrenders to police or I guess an off-duty fireman.

Yeah, I'm guessing he was one of those stupid open-carry protestor types.
Yup, had to be. You can find thousands of videos of these fucking nut jobs doing this on Youtube.

"I'm gonna make all of these people think I'm going to murder them BECAUSE IT'S MY RIGHT!"

Fuck these scumbags.