• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people have beeb saying that, but I don't see any evidence of being shared

Found this
1. yes
2. Higher tavern tier gives you access to higher tier minions.
There are 18 copies of each tier 1 minion and 15 copies of each tier 2 minion (and 13,11,9,6).

All the copies of all minions on your tier or less are thrown into a pool and you get one randomly from that pool.
If someone else buys one and is still alive then you have less chance of getting it because it isn't in that pool.

There are no other multipliers, its just those numbers.

From Donais.

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda crazy that there's almost no streamers (at least not ones that I follow) playing constructed. I don't blame them since ladder fucking blows right now. I know that battlegrounds is also the new hotness, so of course everyone is playing that. Even Savjz is playing.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda crazy that there's almost no streamers (at least not ones that I follow) playing constructed. I don't blame them since ladder fucking blows right now. I know that battlegrounds is also the new hotness, so of course everyone is playing that. Even Savjz is playing.

Views are way way up because of battlegrounds. Playing constructed seems like it would be burning money right now.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Donais speaking about battlegrounds balance and updates:

We are planning some of these, thanks for the feedback.

Start of next week will be a small patch that we built a week ago, before we had any data. Start of December we will do a patch adding a couple units and balancing lots of stuff. In between we are adding 4 new heroes.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yea dont like the fact i get next to no points for top 4, hell even winning games.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Love they are doing lots of improvements to the mode, keeps it fresh, balanced and makes it seem like it will get good support over time

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they make much more balance changes much more often since it doesn't affect anything anybody's spent money on.

And hopefully the inevitable monetization model will be cosmetic.

But I was right about needing dragon packs for the bonuses. That's sort of crappy for the next month.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, legendary quests are coming up this week starting Tuesday so clear space for them. Once each on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Infinite Toki is super fun. Managed to get four Tier 6 Goldens in one go. Most opponents didn't have any relevant sixes because I was sniping them hard lol.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I continue to fucking suck at Battlegrounds. I often finish top 4 but haven't landed a win yet.

Also, are we STILL waiting for a patch to fix all the shit that broke last week? Every time I log back in to the game, half my decks become incomplete again. Super annoying.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I continue to fucking suck at Battlegrounds. I often finish top 4 but haven't landed a win yet.

Also, are we STILL waiting for a patch to fix all the shit that broke last week? Every time I log back in to the game, half my decks become incomplete again. Super annoying.
Apparently it drops between today and tomorrow.

Also, BGs is a more complex mode than people give credit for, I was watching Asmodais stream yesterday and there are lots of small decisions that can screw over a whole game. He lost several games for some mistakes he was making.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the patch fixing the broken stuff from the last patch and applying some balance changes to Battlegrounds just went live.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the patch fixing the broken stuff from the last patch and applying some balance changes to Battlegrounds just went live.

Also went live on mobile, it was really quickly for mobile too, I'm surprised.

There are several changes from.what I'm seeing in kibler's stream, jaraxus HP is now 2 coins instead of 3

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually enjoying Battleground a lot. My end game sucks though. Still don't know what the optimal cards are for end game comps and it fucks me up big time when trying to go for a win.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got 1st on my first BG game and 3rd on my second.

It's a nice addition to the package. It gives much much much needed variation, and so much easier to understand than the other auto battlers.

I don't want to play it a ton in a row, but two games was a nice little session.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really happy with the mode, right of the gate I felt as confused as when I started playing HS as a whole, which I loved because I know I have to learn a lot, exactly what I wanted from this mode.

I've been slowly learning new things from the mode, but I feel I still have a lot left to do.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This is good fun. Played two matches, got second place twice.
I really like the pace of the matches. This is a nice, very simple and very fast autobattler. It's similar enough to give that nice fuzzy warm auto battler feel, while also being different enough to warrant playing alongside one of the other more complex autobattlers.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Player two matches. Got 1st in my First match which earn me +227 MMR! This is a lot.

Got 2nd place on my second match.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Played two matches tonight. Finished 8th and 1st lol. Going all over the place. 8th place game was unlucky though, had to battle the first place guy multiple times and he had such a strong start with Mechs.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Not really an issue and something that can be adjusted like Mukla and Toki.

It can easily be adjusted and its beta. That having been said it is something they need to adress because YES it is an issue if choice of hero can decide as much as it does right now. In TFT and Underlords position matters more and there are more synergies and wiggle room, and you have economy you can use and items. Battlegrounds has far fewer decisions to make and the heroes matter alot more to your wins than underlords do in underlords.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
It can easily be adjusted and its beta. That having been said it is something they need to adress because YES it is an issue if choice of hero can decide as much as it does right now. In TFT and Underlords position matters more and there are more synergies and wiggle room, and you have economy you can use and items. Battlegrounds has far fewer decisions to make and the heroes matter alot more to your wins than underlords do in underlords.
Alright, let me rephrase. It's an issue, but definitely not a massive issue, as you put it. For several reasons. First being that you can discover a hero. Most people, I'm thinking, will eventually get the 30 packs an expansion to be able to roll between 3 heroes. The odds of getting at least a mid-tier pick are high (even with 2 picks you can go for the better option). Second, even those lower tier heroes are able to highroll and pick up high synnergy minions or have powers to at least carry through the early game, making them semi-useful. Third, and this is where Blizzard also comes in, hero balance is not the only thing that matters. Minion pool matters just as much, probably even more.

Curator is one of the strongest heroes you can pick, because his Amalgam synnergizes with everything. But what if the AoE buffs or regular Amalgam were to be rotated out? Suddenly you can't make a Zoo build so easily, making him and his power much weaker. Jaraxxus is seen as fairly weak, which is mostly because demons are mediocre as they don't have a solid endgame. What if they printed a Mama Demon who buffs all demon tokens? Or they reduce the rarity of something like Voidlord or introduce a demon specific buff of sorts. There's tons of ways they can increase the power of heroes simply by introducing new stuff to the pool.

I agree some heroes need work (Rag and Patches are samey, Putricide does alsmost nothing), but I don't agree it's a massive issue. Other than that, I can't comment on the comparison to TFT and Underlords as I haven't played those.

For fun: out of all heroes in the game, I'd say out of the 24 heroes, at least 17 to 18 are in a good spot, which is a pretty solid number.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah thats another problem for me. Having to get 30 packs to get the choice.
Having the choice of three instead of two is a huge difference when only two thirds of the heroes are in a good spot as you put it, and putting that choice between either playing a game you dont like or paying up for something that then is worthless to you is just a crummy design.
I still think its a good game btw, there are just some issues they need to address during the beta.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my third win! Only needed triple Mama Bear, triple Goldrin, the Great Wolf, triple Scavenging Hyena, triple Rat Pack, Triple Pack Leader and an Amalgan lol. Rolled some Ice Blocks to get late enough to win.

Still can't seem to make Demons work, probably need to use Soul Juggler more often.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I could probably play Battlegrounds for 8 straight hours. I love the format. The heroes feel tremendously balanced, with only a few of them not really able to keep up. Even the "weak" ones have good upsides.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that you don't want to dilute the minion pool with more options. You have to rotate things in and out. There is probably room to add one more tribe, but even that might simply make it too difficult to find triples.

Status
Not open for further replies.