• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bet mogu fleshaper is first on the chopping block, they even said they were keeping a close eye on that card for the release of DoD

Oct 25, 2017
I think they just severely underestimated shaman invoke.

I made a nerf wish list lol...

nerf wish list:
Shaman invoke is made 1/1
shudderwock applies to minions only (maybe weapons too? but not hero cards)
face collector is now a 4/4
mutate is now 1 mana

Also, rename the expansion descent of sanity

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Daww, I enjoy reddit being on fire. :(

I want to see some real sale and player retention numbers for the last week. Must have been a rollercoaster.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Swift action is good. Hope they don't overdo it, deck is fun to pilot and beatable. Just make it fairer, not bad.

Hopefully this will silence community outrage, fora got horrible to read.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Also wonder if this has to do with the holidays. If they don't change stuff now, it would've been late Jan I think.

Ah well, time to write up my Pirate Warrior complaints in advance.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
34bje55737441.png

🤔🤔🤔

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Hopefully they will fix Zephrys too. It's getting to the point that i don't want to run it because it's options are not usually the 'perfect' card. I don't know what's thrown it out but it seems weird how it works now.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Currently 4-1 against Shaman with this Priest deck. Small sample size and all that, but if you account for the swing turns it feels winnable. Save Mass Hysteria for the Galakrond, use Wild Pyro to get rid of the smaller tokens and abuse the fact that they hardly use removal.

### Sathrovarr
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Circle of Healing
# 2x (0) Forbidden Words
# 2x (0) Lazul's Scheme
# 2x (0) Regenerate
# 2x (0) Silence
# 2x (0) Topsy Turvy
# 1x (0) Whispers of EVIL
# 1x (2) Divine Hymn
# 2x (2) Holy Ripple
# 2x (2) Seance
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (4) Witchwood Piper
# 1x (5) Mass Hysteria
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (7) Chef Nomi
# 1x (9) Sathrovarr
# 1x (12) Grave Horror
#
AAECAaCsAwim8AK98wKXhwPrigPSmQP8owPYrAP9tgMLpAf2B6UJ0gr7DND+AuaIA+qMA7CRA5ibA9OlAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It's a fun deck to pilot outside of that, bit difficult sometimes.

EDIT: The idea is to use Sathrovarr to gather an army of 0 mana Grave Horrors together with Seance. Gadgetzan with all the 0 mana spells makes you quickly go through your deck, so you can also combine Sance with Nomi. You want to wait after Galakrond though, as the 8/8's trade favorly against your Horrors.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I think the best nerf would be nerf Galakrond to summon 3/3s and then 6/6s upgraded, they can keep rush. Then change the double invoke to a single invoke. This is based on my gut feeling of the OPness and thus should be 100% the best solution. 👍

1/1s with rush isn't a bad idea for nerfing the invoke too. But it feels like they should nerf either Galakrond's battlecry or invoke, but both would be overkill.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I feel like Shudderwock isn't even played a lot of the time. They usually dominate the board before then. Faceless Corruptor makes the Shudder super powerful anyways.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Also saw the potential swap to the tokens Galakrond summons. Rather than 2/1 --> 4/4 --> 8/8 it would go 2/1 --> 4/2 --> 8/4, doubling stats but making them glass cannons. I don't think Galakrond is the biggest issue with the deck though, Shudder + double invoke moreso. And Faceless Corruptor of course.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Highlander dragon mage is way too strong. I just went from ranking 8 to 5 with just a single loss.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which one are you working with? I love the deck archetype.

I'm using this one:

### Highlander Mage
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Arcane Breath
# 1x (1) Ray of Frost
# 1x (2) Doomsayer
# 1x (2) Firetree Witchdoctor
# 1x (2) Frostbolt
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Frost Nova
# 1x (3) Scalerider
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 1x (4) Arcane Keysmith
# 1x (4) Azure Explorer
# 1x (4) Polymorph
# 1x (4) Twilight Drake
# 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
# 1x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
# 1x (5) Malygos, Aspect of Magic
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Blizzard
# 1x (6) Dragoncaster
# 1x (6) Reno the Relicologist
# 1x (7) Crowd Roaster
# 1x (7) Flamestrike
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (8) Power of Creation
# 1x (8) Tortollan Pilgrim
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Kalecgos
# 1x (10) Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron
#
AAECAf0EHk2KAckDqwTFBMsElgXsB40IvuwCoIAD6IkD6JQDn5sDoJsDip4DwqED/KMDi6QDkqQDhKcD9awD+qwD8K8D57ADgbEDh7EDkbED4bYDn7cDAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It's a really fun deck, I'm loving this expansion so far.

Edit: Oops, the cards are written in portuguse, but the code will work anyway. Will update soon with the cards in english.

Edit2: Updated with the english cards.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Shudderwock bugged or something? Every single Shaman I've played (which is most of my matches), they've played Kronx to draw Galakrond and then Shudderwock and every single time Kronx has used the +2/+2 buff. Shouldn't it be a random Devastation? So at least occasionally it'd do something else, like maybe deal 5 damage to their entire board?

It's already hard enough to actually win when they get so much out of Shudderwock but why does it always have to fill their board and then buff it?

Is there even a consistent way to win besides playing an aggro deck that kills them before turn 9? I'm playing around with a Dragon Mage deck (not Reno or whatever it's called these days) and I do consistently well against everyone but Shaman because of that exact combo that happens every game without fail.

Oct 25, 2017
Is Shudderwock bugged or something? Every single Shaman I've played (which is most of my matches), they've played Kronx to draw Galakrond and then Shudderwock and every single time Kronx has used the +2/+2 buff. Shouldn't it be a random Devastation? So at least occasionally it'd do something else, like maybe deal 5 damage to their entire board?

It's already hard enough to actually win when they get so much out of Shudderwock but why does it always have to fill their board and then buff it?

Is there even a consistent way to win besides playing an aggro deck that kills them before turn 9? I'm playing around with a Dragon Mage deck (not Reno or whatever it's called these days) and I do consistently well against everyone but Shaman because of that exact combo that happens every game without fail.
I've had a mix. Have had 8/8 with taunt when the board was already full and give everything 2/2 as the first battlecry with an empty board

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I was dropping ranks so I'm playing Embiggen Dragons at rank 10. It's actually pretty fun so far. I could maybe climb ranks with Quest Hunter but that deck didn't feel that different from last set so I'd rather try something new. Galakrond Rogue is a bit better so I might do that at some point to shoot for rank 5.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
I was dropping ranks so I'm playing Embiggen Dragons at rank 10. It's actually pretty fun so far. I could maybe climb ranks with Quest Hunter but that deck didn't feel that different from last set so I'd rather try something new. Galakrond Rogue is a bit better so I might do that at some point to shoot for rank 5.
Quest Hunter feels a lot better to me this season personally.

Gala Rogue seems quite good too. I've played it a bit so far and I like it a lot.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I'm gonna try some Quest Hunter and refine Druid another time. I crafted Shu'ma just to make the deck feel a bit newer. I'm still running Veranus too and Diving Gryphon is surprisingly good too.

Oct 25, 2017
Yea....shaman is too strong, I'm barely hanging on in some games but then I play Galakrond and easily take back control and, if that doesn't win the game, shudderwock seals it next turn

Especially if far sight draws Galakrond lol, 4 mana galakrond is nasty

Kalel114

Oct 27, 2017
I know the Albatross Priest is very meme-ish deck, but man it's fun to mess with people. Just played a Plot Twist Warlock. He couldn't Plot Twist though. Lol.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
### IQ test
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Clear the Way
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
# 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Revenge of the Wild
# 1x (3) Desert Hare
# 2x (3) Desert Spear
# 2x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 2x (4) Cult Master
# 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
# 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Swarm of Locusts
# 1x (6) Veranus
# 1x (7) Shu'ma
#
AAECAa/XAwivBKCAA+OLA6SlA9ipA66xA9iyA5+3AwurBtsJoIUD148Dx50D5KQDu6UDmKkDjq0D+K8DgrEDAA==
#
Mind posting the deck list?
this is the one I made. took out Giants and animal companion. added Cult Master x2 because of the amount of time I lost from not having material to complete the quest and control the board with.

so far so good.

Dink

Oct 31, 2017
### IQ test
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Clear the Way
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
# 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Revenge of the Wild
# 1x (3) Desert Hare
# 2x (3) Desert Spear
# 2x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 2x (4) Cult Master
# 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
# 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Swarm of Locusts
# 1x (6) Veranus
# 1x (7) Shu'ma
#
AAECAa/XAwivBKCAA+OLA6SlA9ipA66xA9iyA5+3AwurBtsJoIUD148Dx50D5KQDu6UDmKkDjq0D+K8DgrEDAA==
#

this is the one I made. took out Giants and animal companion. added Cult Master x2 because of the amount of time I lost from not having material to complete the quest and control the board with.

so far so good.
Really nice list. I like how shum'ma has to be respected.... the animation is pretty sick too

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: Derogatory Language
is blizzard just fucking retarded or do they not do any playtesting

how does something like galakrond shaman happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.