• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think is the healthiest style of cuisine?

• Italian

Votes: 29 8.0%
  • Asian

Votes: 193 53.3%
  • American

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • Spanish

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • French

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Indian

Votes: 50 13.8%
  • Mexican

Votes: 7 1.9%

• Total voters

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I would say swedish cuisine. It's boring as hell and I personally don' like it, but from a healthy perspective, I would say it's up in the top. We do love the potato!

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
lol at "Asian"

China by itself probably has culinary diversity that matches all of Europe, never mind Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, India...

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention that the cuisines of any of the Gulf countries or almost anywhere in the Middle East would also fall under "Asian", if we're going by geographical terms.

For cuisines where it would be the easiest for me to be relatively healthy, I guess it would be either Vietnamese or Cambodian.
I would say swedish cuisine. It's boring as hell and I personally don' like it, but from a healthy perspective, I would say it's up in the top. We do love the potato!
Just so much cream, though.

Last edited:

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Given how era usually is, I was surprised the poll options wasn't Asian & Japan separated. Even within China there are 8 main cuisines as distinct as any within Europe.

EDIT:

Anywho, I think Korean is probably the healthiest. It's pretty much lots of greens, pickled vegetables, and barbequed proteins.

Oh really, when I had S Korean housemates, spam seem to be a staple in their cooking. They said that a lot of US army surplus stuff worked their way into their home cuisine after the war when the country was poor, things like spam and instant noodles between comfort foods.

Last edited:

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Nordic Nutrition Recommendation. I think is is close to Mediterranean but modified with help of doctors and scientist.
It is from 2012 and by 2022 there will be an updated version.
www.norden.org

Nordic Nutrition Recommendations 2012

The Nordic countries have collaborated in setting guidelines for dietary composition and recommended intakes of nutrients for several decades through the joint publication of the Nordic Nutrition Recommendations (NNR). This 5th edition, the NNR 2012, gives Dietary Reference Values (DRVs) for...

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
That's from us Spaniards lol
In Spain we have three different zones cuisine-wise.
  • Mediterranean and southern Atlantic: it's normal Mediterranean cuisine, a lot of alive oil, a lot of legumes, fish etc. Pretty healthy.
  • Northern atlantic: a lot of fish, a lot of legumes, but more meat. Less healthy overall.
  • "central": meat every day of the week! Still plenty of legumes.
In every one of those olive oil is king. But the type of proteins change.

Best lamb I've ever had was in Northern Spain. And that's coming from a Jew.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Lol @ people who said Indian.

Indian cuisine in the west is one of the most fattening diets. Everything is oil/fat/lard based, from the chicken to the bread. The spices, flavorings, colors all mask the heavy oil lol. Growing up, I realized American diets might be healthier than my moms food lol. I wouldn't just go on an Indian diet thinking your cutting calories.

of course there are sub cultures within Southeast Asia that have much more spartan diets - but the typical Indian restaurant style in the US is not your "healthy" option.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
What is "American" food. First of all there is north and south America which each encompass large ethnic diversity with it being as varied as Canada to Brazil.
If you're talking about the United States then how can you compare southern food types to northern or Midwestern? How is hot dish from Minnesota the same as fried chicken in Georgia or clam chowder in Massachusetts?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I heard somewhere it is the mediterranean diet that is supposed to be the healthiest.
Because it is, with Spain being the healthiest because of the amount of variety that uses healthy ingredients.
Also i was not being crazy seeing this 2 threads talking about the same at the same time lol

Resetera is in the obvious wrong here. Lol at indian and also putting all asian food in the same place.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
65% vegetables
20% protein (meat, beans, legumes, seeds, insects)
10% grains (rice, bread, quinoa)
5% fats, oils, fruit, sugar

That's about where I'm at and it feels great.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
BBQ, or like anything that has a lot of fried chicken and smoked beef.

Define healthy? Russian cuisine will keep you slim and trim. Cigarettes, Vodka, and Caviar.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
What do you think is the healthiest tastiest style of cuisine?
1. Mexican
2. Peruvian
3. Italian