• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Well, just got another email saying that it may be delayed and that they'll ship it as soon as possible and I can keep track on the website for updates regarding my order. I guess I might have to try to avoid all ffvii discussion when the game comes out.

I'm going to be pissed If hey decide to just cancel the order since I got the deluxe edition.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got the email too.

So we're literally suppose to wait 2 weeks while everyone else is playing while avoiding spoilers for that long?

Real shit situation.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Like many others, I was good, then I wasn't, then I was good again, and now I'm not. I have a feeling the ride's not quite over yet. lol

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Got the email

This is the kind of game I really want to own physically so I'll just eat it

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Isn't that significantly more expensive for you?

I'm not sure how this varies country to country, but in Australia pre-ordered games on Amazon are AUD$69, vs the PlayStation Store where they're AUD$99.95. I mean that's 45% more expensive to go digital.
Nope, €70 on PSN and €70 at Gamestop. Maybe could get it for €60 if I had shopped around at the toy stores or somewhere but not a significant saving anyway

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Got the email again after everything being apparently back on track. I'll be playing RE3 anyway. Hopefully, it won't be delayed too much.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I'm fine with waiting an extra week. I got the deluxe edition for $24 off; I'm not going to cancel that. I'm playing Animal Crossing anyway.

Nocturno

Oct 27, 2017
You can get it digital for now and if you really want a physical copy wait for a price drop later.

I'm thorn because I preordered the deluxe edition at a very good price on Amazon though.

Oct 25, 2017
I want my steelbook so I'll take my chances. I wonder why this affects FFFVII so much and not RE3 or Persona 5 Royal. No emails for either and P5 arrived yesterday.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I got the same email for persona 5 royal phantom thieves edition but my copy arrived on release day. Amazon is just being cautious.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
No change for me yet on amazon. Still April 10. But I'm prepared to cancel and order digital. I might just do it anyway unless it ships early

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Check the order page even if you got the email. I got one about a delay, then a later one saying it was on track for the 10th after all.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Check the order page even if you got the email. I got one about a delay, then a later one saying it was on track for the 10th after all.

Nope.
Ordered June 28th, 2019 (Deluxe).
Was on track for April 10, then on March 18th changed to a TBD, then on March 19th back to April 10th, and as of yesterday (and still holding), back to a TBD status.

RE3 is still scheduled for delivery Friday.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah got the email again. Bit annoying but whatever I can wait. Got it for a good price and I don't do digital.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I just cancelled my order since I got laid off and can't afford it right now. I'll pick it up eventually.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Nope.
Ordered June 28th, 2019 (Deluxe).
Was on track for April 10, then on March 18th changed to a TBD, then on March 19th back to April 10th, and as of yesterday (and still holding), back to a TBD status.

RE3 is still scheduled for delivery Friday.
Hmm. I see it flipped on me too.

I'm probably going to switch to digital, but there is the chance of a surprise going the other way (comes early, not late.)

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got the email as well, i also have the game preordered at Best Buy, let's hope they don't delay shipments as well, if it happens I'll cancel and go digital.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Got the email. I'll keep my preorder, got it for $42 before tax. I'm ok with waiting a bit.

I'm getting Persona 5 Royal today anyway so I can definitely wait.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
So it seems like just Amazon having this? Or other companies not being so straight forward. I ordered from Best Buy and it still shows April 10th delivery.

Amazon sells way too many things and is prioritising important goods. Best Buy doesn't.

Guess I should have read the thread more carefully. My bad.

Last edited:

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
Florida just issued stay at home order so I'm not even sure I'll be able to go to Best Buy to pick up. I may just have to go digital with FF7 and TLOU Part II.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Also got the notice. But I pre-ordered back when Amazon was doing the $30 discount for two games. Worth the wait for me.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I was worried about this happening, so I cancelled my Amazon pre-order for RE3 and bought straight from Microsoft--I'm usually loathe to buy new games digitally for whatever reason. With the MS reward's punch card, I earned 6000 points, which does decrease the price difference.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Just got an update for my deluxe edition - now arriving Tuesday the 14th.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Got the email as well with no estimate. (ordered back in July when there was a $10 off preorder discount). If it comes out on PSN before it ships, I'll just eat the $10 and buy it digitally. Ah well.

SethSeries

Dec 16, 2018
My copy of FF7R doesn't have a release date as of right now and my copy of P5R got delayed like 2 days. No issues with RE3 yet

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Just got an update for my deluxe edition - now arriving Tuesday the 14th.

At least you got an update. They still say don't know on mine. May I ask when you ordered yours? I admit I'm going to be ticked if they are giving estimates to people who ordered after me and still leaving me hanging. Their wording has me worried they might even drop my order (I got the deluxe).

TGR Onix

Nov 3, 2017
At least you got an update. They still say don't know on mine. May I ask when you ordered yours? I admit I'm going to be ticked if they are giving estimates to people who ordered after me and still leaving me hanging. Their wording has me worried they might even drop my order (I got the deluxe).
Ordered my standard edition on August 27th, 2018, got updated that it's coming Tuesday the 14th as well.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Haven't even gotten an update yet. Still at 'Order Received - We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date'.

Ordered June 28th. US. Deluxe Edition.

I still believe many US Amazon orders will get it next week, but that might just be wishful thinking. My RE3 order was changed yesterday to Saturday, April 4th, but today it's shifted back to release day delivery, so... 🤷‍♂️

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Florida just issued stay at home order so I'm not even sure I'll be able to go to Best Buy to pick up. I may just have to go digital with FF7 and TLOU Part II.
Same boat. My job requires me to drive to different accounts all day. I'll swing by a Best Buy tomorrow and see if they are still open as I am wondering if I will have to do the same. From what I was told they count as essential because of phones and people working from home