• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't noticed any issues with rest mode yet, but I did have the "Sorry a System Software error occurred" while playing Mile Morales. When I launched the game again it continued right where it left off (even mid-dialogue so I assume the game was just suspended)

I had one other crash that was a more typical game crash while playing MM. Relaunching the game just continued at my last autosave.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
So far I've always put my ps5 in rest mode I have destiny running off an external ssd and I've had no issues so far, but I also close all my games when im done playing so nothing is suspended.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I have used Rest Mode with Astro's Playroom and God of War with no issue, but I am not going to try anything like this with Miles or any other more demanding PS5 games until some sort of firmware update comes out.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my PS5. Has this been patched? Also is the issue only with Spider-Man Remastered? I have Miles and Demon's Souls.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just got my PS5. Has this been patched? Also is the issue only with Spider-Man Remastered? I have Miles and Demon's Souls.
Miles has some bad crashes, but I think whether or not it becomes a serious issue depends on what is happening in the background when it crashes
Seems like most Spider-Man related issues are due to fidelity mode- go with performance mode to be safe...
This is the first I've heard this theory. Where did you see that?

easter

Nov 15, 2017
ive crashed on remastered with fidelity fwiw. started up after a reboot tho. might have to play on performance a bit like another poster suggested.

Oct 27, 2017
Miles has some bad crashes, but I think whether or not it becomes a serious issue depends on what is happening in the background when it crashes

This is the first I've heard this theory. Where did you see that?
I asked multiple people on multiple threads which mode they were playing when it crashed. Obviously small sample size and not super accurate but everyone I asked said they fidelity mode when they crashed

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing earlier today and didn't put it in rest mode, but I paused the game and came back a little while later to it totally frozen. Has to restart the system and it did the database thing. All seems good thankfully, just curious if anyone else has had it happen just from sitting on pause.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds to me that it's more likely that more people are just playing on fidelity mode and thus more crashes are occurring in this mode.
Edit: To add further anecdotal context, i finished the entire game on fidelity and experienced no crashes.
that is very well possible, in my case I played most of the game in performance. Either way, sounds like thats not the problem.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Sounds to me that it's more likely that more people are just playing on fidelity mode and thus more crashes are occurring in this mode.
Edit: To add further anecdotal context, i finished the entire game on fidelity and experienced no crashes.
My thoughts exactly. It's the same thing as blaming rest mode and wired LAN. They are just too common among all users to prove a causative correlation. So far the only mitigating action I've taken is closing Spider-Man completely before entering rest mode

Sh0k

Oct 27, 2017
There was a system software update this morning, hopefully these issues are addressed in the patch. All we got under the notes is system performance improvements.

bitunoriginal

Oct 27, 2017
I've been using rest mode for the last two days but I don't use it with a game running. Haven't had a single issue with my console so far.

Nov 14, 2017
I know Insomniac said the were looking into it but has there been any update since then? I wonder if a fix will come with the save transfer patch that's supposed to be coming.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
I'm not sure this was ever a thing to begin with. I certainly never saw any sort of confirmation. I think people assumed these games were causing issues because they were some of the most popular launch games.

I mean I have played a lot of games on the PS5 and Miles Morales was the only one that made my PS5 shut down completely, i've literally had zero issues otherwise.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
My ps5 has shut itself down 3 times after a few days of non-use and upon restarting it I get the rebuilding database message. I didn't have any game suspended, just ps5 in rest mode for a few days.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks guys, I started Spider-Man remastered and while my PS5 hasn't shut down itself yet, I just had the first crash with this game. I've played through demons souls two times already without issues, so I guess there's something going on with spiderman/mm that still needs to be fixed via patches

Edit: ok the PS5 locked up pretty hard, only way to turn it off was unplugging it. Playing in fidelity mode in case it's noteworthy. No external hdds.
Game -or something the game does that other games don't- is definitely fucked. Never had an issue with demons, astro or PS4 games. Spider-Man remastered is the first to completely lock up my console.

Last edited: