• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
What's crazy is that sticking by him is not a winning strategy. If, in early 2017 they made it clear that he wasn't in alignment with them and that many of his views were outside of theirs then they might have been able to either present a primary challenge in 2020 or at least in 2024 have course-corrected without being seen as the Trump party. As it is they're all so tied to him now that they can't get away from it. It makes no real sense to me politically.

I think the statement is effective, although the portion about high shool/college/SAT grades seems out of place as it would be illegal for that information to be shared anyway (FERPA).

Doubling down on racism paid off handsomely in the Senate races in 2018, and thanks to the EC and inherent whiteness of the Senate map they've got a natural advantage. Trump isn't an aberration, this is the party going forward.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did I see someone suggest that Cohen's plea deal and conviction for campaign finance violation in a federal court doesn't count as proof of a campaign finance violation? Is that actually a thing?

The feds have corroboration on the crime from the National Enquirer side and from multiple executives at the Trump Organization. He coordinated his efforts with multiple members of the Trump campaign. They have all of the records from his LLCs. They have Trump on tape explicitly talking about the payments. It's all in charges 6 through 8: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4779697-Michael-Cohen-Charging-Documents.html

This isn't Cohen's word vs Trump's word anymore, there are mountains of evidence. And now we discover Trump may have personally signed the checks?
Gonna guess it's because 1) you can please guilty to a crime that you didn't commit, so the plea itself isn't proof of anything, and 2) there was no trial, so no evidence was ever entered into the record? Was it ever made public?
Not saying it doesn't exist (Im sure it does), but in Trump world it's still unproven, I guess.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure he was a brown guy too.

There was actually a scene in the American Gods TV show where Jesus was trying to cross the Mexican border and got shot.
Yup, exactly why I wrote that.
And not surprised it's already been done in a TV show at least because it's facts. Jesus ain't welcomed in current America.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
LOL gop trying one last hail Mary to get this shut down. This is pathetic.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
The fact he is testifying on oath and will be forever in the Congressional Record that Trump thinks "#1 Son" Don Jr. is a fucking moron who shouldn't be allowed to make decisions on his own makes me very happy.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doubling down on racism paid off handsomely in the Senate races in 2018, and thanks to the EC and inherent whiteness of the Senate map they've got a natural advantage. Trump isn't an aberration, this is the party going forward.
2018 was always going to be a bit of an outlier in the Senate though. The democrats had to defend 26 seats they had previously held, while the Republicans had to only defend 9. I don't think it makes sense to extrapolate Senate results from 2018 and assume that they are indicative of the Republican party following a winning/viable long-term strategy of tying themselves to Trump.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Violation of his gag order?

Cohen's statement (that Stone directly called the president) is immaterial to what he's charged with. Denying it isn't relevant to the case.

If the Feds have subpoenaed Stone's phone records (as they did his email and Twitter communications), they probably know one way or the other.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Didn't the Republicans dump a ton of testimony regarding Kavanaugh on the Dems literally seconds before some hearing? And they tried to delay this because they only got the materials last night instead of earlier yesterday, lol. Fucking hypocrites.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You do have a point about the Senate.

I still don't think he gets out of all this unscathed.

At least the Senate is at odds with him about other things. Asking them to have dignity and to do the right thing might indeed be a stretch though.

As far as his base and pundits go though, I don't care at all as they're a waste of time.
Totally agree

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
And IMMEDIATELY as a Republican steps up to get to the truth.... No questions about Trump, just attacks on the witness. THIS IS ABOUT TRUMP YOU FUCKING BASTARDS !! So transparent.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
This is like the Kavanaugh hearing again. The GOP aren't even talking about the thing we're talking about. TRUMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.