• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Never thought I'd be excited to listen to the news on my way into work.

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
I always found it suspicious how he graduated with a BS in economics from Wharton. Probably passed by the skin of his teeth.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
.He finished the conversation with the following comment. "You think I'm stupid, I wasn't going to Vietnam."

Ooooh I'm looking into my crystal ball

I see...

I see...

Draft dodging is about to become very popular with the Republican party.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Woof, I keep reading this statement and things just get better and better. I'm going to be amazed when the GOP do everything in their power to not invoke articles of impeachment.

dsxNizi.jpg

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyond the campaign finance stuff that has a verifiable paper trail, I think a lot of this will just be dismissed as hearsay and attempts to please/placate Mueller.

I was kinda hoping he would show up with a lot more hard evidence of Russian collusion (e-mails, documents, etc). Most of this just seems to be "things Trump said to me" which will be openly and vigorously contested. The phrase "I have my suspicions" will be seized upon as conspiracy and conjecture, I think.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Trump is an enigma. He is complicated, as am I. He has both good and bad, as do we all. But the bad far outweighs the good, and since taking office, he has become the worst version of himself.

He is capable of behaving kindly, but he is not kind.

He is capable of committing acts of generosity, but he is not generous.

He is capable of being loyal, but he is fundamentally disloyal.

Donald Trump is a man who ran for office to make his brand great, not to make our country great. He had no desire or intention to lead this nation –only to market himself and to build his wealth and power.

Mr. Trump would often say, this campaign was going to be the "greatest infomercial in political history."

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know that this don lemon segment was live... he is usually off by now. They are eating this shit up.

OP
OP
MrRob

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
he's gonna have to have some receipts.
It is not completely outside of the realm of possibility for Cohen to have tapes. I know it's been like a decade ago now but remember he had Trump on tape RE the Stormy payment. But somehow that was a giant fart in the wind so receipts don't matter so long as the GOP is still ride or die.

Something catastrophic has to come out that the GOP absolutely cannot hide from. Not sure what that could be yet. They gone lower than I could possibly imagine them going. It's truly a cult.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the part about planting a person to drive up the price of an auction of a picture of himself, then paying the plant and for the painting with charity money... lmao what a scumbag

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Man .. I appreciate the deets .. but at a point these leaks gotta stop. Would have loved to see this unfold live without any prior knowledge at the testimony.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who's the true monster here? The racist con man, or the person who double-spaced at the end of each sentence in that statement or named it .docx but it's a pdf file?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
What makes it depressing is that all this is confirmation for already known things. Like, who looked at trump and didn't think he was everything bad a man could possibly be?

The difference is the people who cared or will care.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Trump got a strong nap in during his bullshit hours, because he ain't sleepin' at all tonight.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man .. I appreciate the deets .. but at a point these leaks gotta stop. Would have loved to see this unfold live without any prior knowledge at the testimony.

Dude you're a fucking CITIZEN of this nation you deserve to know whatever your paid representatives know when they know it and how they know it as soon as possible.

This isn't some M Night Shyamalyan movie. GOTCHA! TWIST! OMG HOT TAKE!

Sorry but come on, you're literally bitching about spoilers that our President is a treasonous rat coming from his inner circle.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm sure this will do absolutely nothing. But it's always fun to see him squirm a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy that he's doing this, but is there any reason of why he is?

I feel he wants to do it because Trump threw him under the bus. Dems are allowing this because of politics. None of what Cohen says will bring Trump down overnight, but it's pretty much guaranteed the news will be talking about this all week. All the shit Trump hates will be out in public again and no doubt Trump is about to have a twitter tirade.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
"...Mr. Trump had frequently told me and others that his son Don Jr. had the worst judgment of anyone in the world."

Lol
Well, it must suck to be Don Jr. hearing this. Because he knows everything that Cohen is saying is true. Then again, he probably already knows his dad only cares about #1.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Beyond the campaign finance stuff that has a verifiable paper trail, I think a lot of this will just be dismissed as hearsay and attempts to please/placate Mueller.

I was kinda hoping he would show up with a lot more hard evidence of Russian collusion (e-mails, documents, etc). Most of this just seems to be "things Trump said to me" which will be openly and vigorously contested. The phrase "I have my suspicions" will be seized upon as conspiracy and conjecture, I think.
Cohen is directly testifying against the Russian collusion saying he was as close to anyone the president and there was not any of that. I imagine that will be the Republicans focus and use it as vindication while still calling Cohen a liar.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Questions have been raised about whether I know of direct evidence that Mr. Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia.I do not. I want to be clear. But, I have my suspicions.

I know what r/t_d is gonna fix in on.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Dude you're a fucking CITIZEN of this nation you deserve to know whatever your paid representatives know when they know it and how they know it as soon as possible.

This isn't some M Night Shyamalyan movie. GOTCHA! TWIST! OMG HOT TAKE!

Sorry but come on, you're literally bitching about spoilers that our President is a treasonous rat coming from his inner circle.

Woah there, no one said anything about holding back information. I'm saying leaking the entire transcript before the actual testimony is probably gonna lessen our impact at hearing these things directly for the first time.

Also might give time for the questioners to adjust and re-write their questions to try and counter points in the statement.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
"He finished the conversation with the following comment. 'You think I'm stupid, I wasn't going to Vietnam.' I find it ironic, President Trump, that you are in Vietnam right now."

OOOOHHHH BUTT SLAMMED!

th

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
The best part about this is Donald Trump is probably asleep right now and will be waking up to it tomorrow.

Or if he's already in North Korea to meet with Kim, he's probably going to be horribly on edge

*Chef kiss* beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.