• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I immediately knew what this was. Me and my friend always laugh about the one sentence of backstory / lore that each boss has. It's extremely hilarious for some reason, also the way the bosses names are yelled. Cyber Peacock being the favorite.

He lives in cyberspace and wants to destroy the network system... CYBER PEACOCK

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I was expecting something Godzilla related. Though I guess he doesn't have to escape from anything. Cities escape from him.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember hearing the Apollo Justice soundtrack and thinking that some tracks sounded like they came straight from X4, found out later one the composers is the same one from that game.

Also, obligatory in every X4 thread:

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
My favorite X game! It's a shame they started messing with the formula in X5, it was all downhill after this.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a video that just cuts all the boss bio screens into one long take?

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
X4 did so much right that none of the other games did. The mission select hub actually showing X/Zero and their partner, the introduction text for each Maverick, and the intro flavor text were all so good. I remember being really disappointed with X5's presentation after how cool X4's stage select stuff was.

How badass is this!? It even says the name out loud.

Look at how lame these are by comparison.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
X4 did so much right that none of the other games did. The mission select hub actually showing X/Zero and their partner, the introduction text for each Maverick, and the intro flavor text were all so good. I remember being really disappointed with X5's presentation after how cool X4's stage select stuff was.

HIS NAME IS DUFF MCWHALEN

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
I knew that title sounded familar! Jet Stingray has the best theme in X4.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dark secret...I got made fun of a ton as a kid for having a high pitch voice so I love X's little girl voice and want it canon.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I'm now realizing that the Zero series completely did away with the traditional boss intros.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Him, Spider, and Owl are wearing goddamn berets. Reploid berets.

These 90s games with the bad voice acting always have that one person that's putting WAY more effort than is needed. Chief Irons from RE2, Wily in MM8, and Sigma in X4.

Tremble with terror, you are finished!
*gets hit with rising fire*HRAAAAAAAAA
Are you ready for round two??
Prepare to become SPACE DUST!

Its not too late, stop the COOP now!
...never

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

Not gonna lie, while I really find X4 and X5 a lot of fun it's super jarring to go from a well voiced, animated and big-budget 2D game to one that cuts out ALL VA, adds WAY too much text, and everything is boring digital stills with no anime cutscenes. How the heck did all that happen? Then X6 went back to the VA, but no cutscenes still. And X5 was to be the ultimate freaking finale!

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
X4 has the best music in the X series. Also my favorite game in the X series.

It's not over yet!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna lie, while I really find X4 and X5 a lot of fun it's super jarring to go from a well voiced, animated and big-budget 2D game to one that cuts out ALL VA, adds WAY too much text, and everything is boring digital stills with no anime cutscenes. How the heck did all that happen? Then X6 went back to the VA, but no cutscenes still. And X5 was to be the ultimate freaking finale!
Yeah X5 is pretty cheap...the graphics also don't measure up to X4 either.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Him, Spider, and Owl are wearing goddamn berets. Reploid berets.

These 90s games with the bad voice acting always have that one person that's putting WAY more effort than is needed. Chief Irons from RE2, Wily in MM8, and Sigma in X4.

Tremble with terror, you are finished!
*gets hit with rising fire*HRAAAAAAAAA
Are you ready for round two??
Prepare to become SPACE DUST!

...never
ngl, I love Sigma's dub voice in X4. It's exactly how I imagine him sounding.

Also, I don't think X and Zero have low health voice quips in Japanese.

"It's not over yet!!"

"Time to get serious!!"

I miss those.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
hm i don't remember X4 being quite that batshit. i should get around to replaying it

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
YOU WON KUUENBU!

YOU WON SHIPPUUGA!

Fuck man, I feel an X4 replay coming soon lol. I've been thinking about the X4 announcer whilst I play the Z/ZX Collection.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
X4 is a very important game od my childhood
Its entire aesthetics are great and it reallyanaged to grio my.young mind at the time and even today i still appreciate them.

Oct 25, 2017
"Time to get serious!"

X4 is literally the game that made me switch from Nintendo to Playstation during my childhood. The game is perfect.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Did they get the same announcer guy from Super Punch-Out!! to call out the Maverick names in X4?

When I hear the intro theme to a stage I sometimes imagine the announcer is going to yell out "Bob... CHARLIE!!"

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also, I don't think X and Zero have low health voice quips in Japanese.
They do. They just aren't screaming it out like wackos.

Still sucks that the NA version took out the Mavericks saying things before fighting them. I want to know if Dragoon will take on me or if Walrus will make a
popsicle
of
me