• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
All these people who voted for Trump cause he's a "business man" just remind me that anyone who voted for Trump for those reasons, chose money over human rights.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remain unconvinced these people vote blue in the ballot box when their natural hate instincts cross their mind.
If one percent of Trump's base votes for Biden and one percent stays home, he's toast. Heck, he's probably toast if everyone in his base votes for him again. Trump's path to victory is so incredibly narrow.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
All these people who voted for Trump cause he's a "business man" just remind me that anyone who voted for Trump for those reasons, chose money over human rights.
I don't think so.

The whole "businessman" appeal in politics is not something new. They were saying the same thing about GWB--also a failed businessman, but failure doesn't count in business it seems lol.

Conservative messaging in running governments as businesses is long-standing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I can almost guarantee you that Romney will try to re-emerge on the businessman platform. Not as president since he's too old, but the Senate will try to use that narrative if Trump loses.

Oct 27, 2017
One of my biggest red flags and pet peeves is when people want government to be run like a business. Its an automatic sign you have no clue how governments works or what they are suppose to do. Governments run like a businesses are called dictatorships.

It's funny too, because if you look at the presidents generally considered to be "the best", most of them were lawyers. Not many businessmen. And also of course the republicans favorite president was an actor lol

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I don't think so.

The whole "businessman" appeal in politics is not something new. They were saying the same thing about GWB--also a failed businessman, but failure doesn't count in business it seems lol.

Conservative messaging in running governments as businesses is long-standing.
Nah, they fucking knew he was a racist and a sexist and chose to ignore it cause "business".

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
These folks think they are idealistic now, but they will fall in line come November.

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
This is more wishful thinking than reality.

The media thinks it can bend reality to its reporting. It didn't work in 2016 and sure won't work now.

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
fetchimage
Nah. These people voted for, and in some cases are still supporting, a man who not only hates them but actively tries to undermine their way of life.

Call it like it is.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Why would they want him to run a country like a business when he can't even run his own businesses properly?

stupid people suffering the results of their own stupid actions

Oct 28, 2017
Why would they want him to run a country like a business when he can't even run his own businesses properly?

stupid people suffering the results of their own stupid actions

When these people talk about running the country like a good business, they're talking about running it "efficiently", making people work rather than get hand outs from unemployment and have the country in control of its destiny. Its also about control and making people earn their living rather than get assistance from the government. Their idea of business is small business owner pushing poorly paid people around and trying everything to save time and a buck, not multinational company with million different departments and procedures.

That's the appeal of Trump, the guy who bullies and fires people on that reality TV. He always seemed in control on that show, seemed in control when he beat Clinton despite everyone saying he had no real chance of winning, seemed in control when he got North Korea to come meet him in Singapore, seemed in control when the stock market kept going up.

I'm actually relatively optimistic about Trump's erosion of support because coronavirus + BLM protests have shown that Trump isn't a master puppetmaster who has trapped North Korea and China in some deadly game. Coronavirus is out of control in certain states with no real end in sight and Trump was powerless to stop confederate statues from getting torn down and Mississippi from lowering the state flag. That's not a man in control of the country.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
77 years of life experience and being so clueless. Not just on Trump(who's barely qualified as a businessman, and certainly not a successful one), but on how business functions and why the driving intent behind it never aligns with that of government.

These idiots see his name and face on steaks and TV and think no further. They are not to be trusted despite any concerns or ragret.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
LOL at the people who voted in a man that's bankrupted everything he's ever touched and are surprised he's doing it to America now.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I will never understand why people think running the government like a business is a good thing.

The general good of the American people is never the top priority for ANY business.

Because the average American is a brain dead fucking idiot, which is by design

They lack critical thinking skills, which is one of the biggest reasons why the country is the shit-show that it is.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
There aren't many lines of thought dumber than the "run the country like a business" one. And even if it was imagine thinking Trump, who is over his head in debt, would be the one you would put your faith in to do so.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Some of them will die, a lot of them will be really hurt, and lot of them will lose friends/family, but I bet they'll still vote for him...

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
77 years of life experience and being so clueless. Not just on Trump(who's barely qualified as a businessman, and certainly not a successful one), but on how business functions and why the driving intent behind it never aligns with that of government.

These idiots see his name and face on steaks and TV and think no further. They are not to be trusted despite any concerns or ragret.
I have noted that other than Al Franken, most celebrities turned elected politicians run as Republicans (Trump, Arnold, Sonny Bono, Fred Thompson, etc) , so there definitely does seem to be a right-bias toward voting for name recognition instead of competency. When celebrities run as democrats, they tend to lose.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I have noted that other than Al Franken, most celebrities turned elected politicians run as Republicans (Trump, Arnold, Sonny Bono, Fred Thompson, etc) , so there definitely does seem to be a right-bias toward voting for name recognition instead of competency. When celebrities run as democrats, they tend to lose.

Tom Hanks should run for President as a Democrat. Who would vote against Tom Hanks?

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
These stories are a good sign of momentum but until the job is done we can't let up. Gotta vote the bum out.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, they fucking knew he was a racist and a sexist and chose to ignore it cause "business".
Not denying that.
Tucker Carlson is apparently rumored to make a Presidential run in 2024. Yeah....

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
But he did run it like a business and followed his track record of bankrupcies. He's always been a complete fraud.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A business man who's businesses filed for bankruptcy six times, and whose credit is so fucking toxic that shady foreign banks won't even give him loans anymore. Yeah, you picked a real winner there.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
A business man who's businesses filed for bankruptcy six times, and whose credit is so fucking toxic that shady foreign banks won't even give him loans anymore. Yeah, you picked a real winner there.
Domestic banks won't
Neither would foreign banks lol
The only foreign bank was Deutsch and they are a huge mess of an organization and incredibly corrupt.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They will still vote for him, best you could hope for is if a few stay home

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Not denying that.

Tucker Carlson is apparently rumored to make a Presidential run in 2024. Yeah....

My face right now...

fetchimage

On topics, countries are not businesses, that's why we have taxes. I try to imagine a truly 'corporate' country and all I can see is a social and environmental disaster.

If companies want to thrive and do well? Great, but they should never play by a different set of rules to the rest of society. What we are experiencing today is a result of that.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
He prioritizes stocks over people.
So no, he did run it like a business.
Pretty much. People who think running the country like a business would be a "good thing" don't know SHIT about businesses and corporations. Trump IS running the country like a business, where the low-level employees are expendable and those who rake in the most profit and benefits are the executives and stockholders. Exploit, exploit, and exploit, then make off like bandits... the corporate way!

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
In the end Trump's response to the Coronavirus will fuck him.
Looking at the polls voters aged 65+ are strongly leaning towards Biden.
I have to imagine there are a number of people in that age bracket who are terrified of getting this thing.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Running your country like a business just reeks of the American way and I can't stand it lol.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
He's running it exactly like a modern business in the US. Short-sighted decisions made to enrich the people at the top. Screw the underlings. Leave the mess for the next guy to clean up.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of old people (not all, but many) aren't gonna vote for someone who wanted them to die for the economy...