• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
The HDR implementation is perfectly fine. That part looks really really good on my set. Mileage obviously varies based on the quality of TV the game is played on. Unfortunately an awful lot of TVs in houses around the world that are advertised as HDR can't display it correctly or effectively.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone try triggering an inventory or merchant crash? it's CDPR, so I'm sure they fixed that bug, but when I get home I'm going to go to my stash and try equipping and un-equipping various things just to see if the game will crash.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The HDR implementation is perfectly fine. That part looks really really good on my set. Mileage obviously varies based on the quality of TV the game is played on. Unfortunately an awful lot of TVs in houses around the world that are advertised as HDR can't display it correctly or effectively.
My TV has a 10-bit panel with WCG, and as I said, HDR looks good in the obvious games that use it efficiently. TW3 isn't just in the same league. It's not bad by any means, I was just expecting way more.

Also, not even a toggle to turn it on/off?

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know what HDR should look like, I've played Horizon, Far Cry 5 and GT Sports all with HDR enabled and they all look way more natural than the Witcher 3. Seems like a rather bad implementation a la Monster Hunter World.

Edit: Also Geralt's hair inside dark places looks literally black. Really weird.

Hmm, ok, that doesn't sound great.

Okinau

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see any added options to the menus. Just motion blur and gamma. So I guess everythigg is just on by default. That being said my Pro runs ridiculously quieter than it did yesterday playing this game.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see the HDR Patch for PS4.

I know it was likely not feasible but I would have loved it if they threw in the 1080p/unlocked frame rate mode for the Pro too.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I put like 25 hours in at launch and then dropped it. I'll probably jump in now that I have a 4K tv and a PS4 Pro.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Well, sheeeit. Time to download again and start a new playthrough. (previously played on vanilla ps4 at launch)

Hopefully the DLC (which I never played) goes on sale again in the coming weeks (but I'm guessing you don't play those until you are endgame/high level-ish in the main game, right?

Beef Stallmer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No consola war but was it ever confirmed if HDR was a timed exclusive patch? It's great to have it, just interested as to why it took them so long.

The lighting IMO, was never great in this game. It felt like PS3/360-era lighting, unlike the first trailer which, if the game released like that on PS5 next year, minds would still be blown

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Am I going to be shocked by how different the game feels if I haven't touched it since launch? My understanding is it has had some major updates.

Zing

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If I had a PS4 Pro, I'd jump back in. Unfortunately, I'm still bound to the PS4 :P

HDR is supported on the PS4. Although, if you have the 4K TV required to have HDR, then you should just trade in for a Pro.

Lost my save file when I replaced my physical version with digital. Been waiting for this update to start it back up. Finally.

Digital and physical saves are the same. The problem you had is likely you bought the "complete edition" digitally instead of the base game. For whatever reason, CDPR mastered the complete edition as an entirely new game, making old saves not recognized. Sucky.

I'm one of these people that owned the game since launch, played like 30h, dropped it for other reasons. Since then I've bought a Pro, 4k tv Oled and surround sound. Now im hyped to play this again after the HDR update.

Same here. Played the base game on PS4 last year for maybe 6 hours. Now, I have 4K HDR. I've been waiting for this day.

An HDR patch is coming for hellblade, but no word on when yet.
https://twitter.com/NinjaTheory/status/983952562410999810

Thanks for this. I bought that game on sale and delayed starting it up after hearing of Xbox HDR support. I was hoping that they would bring HDR over.

Villaran

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spain
I have the Pro + 1080 TV and I think the downsampling has disappeared. My game doesn't look like 4K :(
Anyone can confirm that?

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Huh. Didn't know this wasn't in yet. I also never came back to TW3 after putting it down to play something else. This might push me to try it again.

Loakum

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! I'm close to finishing Middle Earth Shadow of War, then I'll start the Witcher 3 hdr playthrough. :)

Oct 27, 2017
Tried to play this game twice now and always stop after a few hours.....last time was several patches ago before i got my 4K HDR set. Would love someone to post some 4K HDR screens running on a Pro. This may be what brings me back to it again lol

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Well, there go my plans to get Red Dead Redemption for my XBX...I'll spend time with this instead.

topplehat

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Nice! The recent Pro patch was making my fans go like crazy, did anyone else have this problem? Hoping this patch addresses that somehow.

Zing

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am currently reinstalling the game from the original disc. The 1.61 update that is downloading is 20GB in size! It's actually downloading at a decent speed (will be finished in 42 minutes).

Time to finish up World of Final Fantasy so I can play this properly. Coincidentally, just started reading the graphic novels last night.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I read a lot of problem with the inventory bug, is there a way to prevent it from happening?