• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's been 1 year since the mcable gaming edition released has there been any word on version 2? I might go ahead and get version 1 soon

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have sent another email to their tech support asking for details about their next version of mCable Gaming Edition. Hopefully I will get some details to share soon.

A dream feature would be that 720p source would be upscaled to 4K and then super sampled back to 1080p.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have sent another email to their tech support asking for details about their next version of mCable Gaming Edition. Hopefully I will get some details to share soon.

A dream feature would be that 720p source would be upscaled to 4K and then super sampled back to 1080p.
They give some prevision for next version? I really want one.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
From the response I had almost 9 months ago:

Second question is if the next version of Gaming Edition is going to be future proof and use HDMI 2.1 and meet the HDMI 2.1 Premium Certification requirements, or will it use HDMI 2.0 and meet the HDMI 2.0 Premium Certification requirements?

2. Yes, the engineering is in the process of designing next generation processor that would for sure support HDR. Whether it will be 2.0 or 2.1, I am not able to share a definitive answer. Since 2.1 is still not released, we are not entirely sure if we will make it to put all the features in.

Third question is will the next version of Gaming Edition be capable of upscaling the 2D modes 720p@60 & 1080p@60, and 3D modes 720P@30/60 & 1080p@30/60 to 4K?
3. Yes, the new version will support those modes you mentioned.

Final question is of course when can I expect to order the next version of Gaming Edition? Just a rough estimation is fine for an answer.
4. Right now we still do not have a concrete timeline for the next version of processor. It won't happen this year, and will be sometime next year. Hardware cycle is really quite long comparing to software releases.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From the response I had almost 9 months ago:

Second question is if the next version of Gaming Edition is going to be future proof and use HDMI 2.1 and meet the HDMI 2.1 Premium Certification requirements, or will it use HDMI 2.0 and meet the HDMI 2.0 Premium Certification requirements?

2. Yes, the engineering is in the process of designing next generation processor that would for sure support HDR. Whether it will be 2.0 or 2.1, I am not able to share a definitive answer. Since 2.1 is still not released, we are not entirely sure if we will make it to put all the features in.

Third question is will the next version of Gaming Edition be capable of upscaling the 2D modes 720p@60 & 1080p@60, and 3D modes 720P@30/60 & 1080p@30/60 to 4K?
3. Yes, the new version will support those modes you mentioned.

Final question is of course when can I expect to order the next version of Gaming Edition? Just a rough estimation is fine for an answer.
4. Right now we still do not have a concrete timeline for the next version of processor. It won't happen this year, and will be sometime next year. Hardware cycle is really quite long comparing to software releases.
This year almost over, has to release soon then, are they saying it will be able to change 720p to 4k? Instead of 720p to 1080p?

If I could play all switch games docked in something that try's to be 4k that would almost be like getting a switch pro

Last edited:

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
I just grabbed one of these over the weekend. It'll be a while before I can use it in earnest, but I did briefly plug it into my PSTV--which I use mostly for PSX JRPGs. Damn, it really does work! FF7 improved some, but it might be hard to really tell the impact during the Midgar bombing section. FF8 looked great, though. Close-up character models, menus, and the overworld looked especially good. Far-away character models can look a bit smeared and blobby, but they don't look so hot in the original either.

This fall, I'll be very interested to see how it works with PS2 games (run through the Framemeister to get HDMI out). Wish my BC PS3 hadn't crapped out last year.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can the usb part of this plug into the tv or does it have to be in the console's usb to work?

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
www.marseilleinc.com

mClassic

Marseille mClassic is the world’s first plug and play graphics card for game console. It creates stunning visuals. Marseille's Advanced algorithms analyze every pixel in real time to produce a sharp, beautifully balanced picture, with enhanced details and color clarity exactly as the game...

New cable is apparently coming soon on Kickstarter.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since Switch is my main gaming console these days and this is the first time I heard about these things I somehow I find myself excited for the announcement of a new HDMI cable that's likely to be over $100. wow.

Cocobani

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just bought a new 4k TV and I'm hoping this new cable can improve Xenoblade's blurriness. I've seen it running on the old cable but I honestly cannot see any improvements.

Oct 26, 2017
For alot of us that price isnt a fortune.
You're talking to someone who spends thousands upon thousands on AV and computer technology so I can work as a digital imaging technician on film and TV. So don't start swinging your dick around about what you think is a fortune or not.

Compared to what HDMI technology can do versus what they're charging for this... yes, this is a comparatively a fortune.

Oct 25, 2017
You're talking to someone who spends thousands upon thousands on AV and computer technology so I can work as a digital imaging technician on film and TV. So don't start swinging your dick around about what you think is a fortune or not.

Compared to what HDMI technology can do versus what they're charging for this... yes, this is a comparatively a fortune.

So your saying this is an Intel vs AMD kinda situation? That the technology should be much cheaper?

If so, competition would drive the price down but it seems like they are the only players on the market.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
So is the Mclassic going to be the best option when it releases or just go for the existing gaming cable? Anyone know if there much of a difference?

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
So the consensus is that this works well? I may pick one up for my switch if they release a new one.

How does this work in conjunction with a receiver? Any issues?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Damnit, so I guess I have to pray that the Switch Pro is real and hopefully it's coming out this year.
A new switch isn't going to take out TAA from the game, this is just the video style they are going for.
So you get to decide that the actual tangible benefits this cable provides over regular HDMI cables (an ASIC that applies a post processing AA in real time to any source) isn't worth it to anyone else besides you? And beyond that anyone that does want it is being "suckered"?

The hostility is unwarranted, and frankly sounds ignorant as fuck despite your credentials.

Oct 25, 2017
A new switch isn't going to take out TAA from the game, this is just the video style they are going for.

So you get to decide that the actual tangible benefits this cable provides over regular HDMI cables (an ASIC that applies a post processing AA in real time to any source) isn't worth it to anyone else besides you? And beyond that anyone that does want it is being "suckered"?

The hostility is unwarranted, and frankly sounds ignorant as fuck despite your credentials.

Agreed.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
www.marseilleinc.com

mClassic

Marseille mClassic is the world’s first plug and play graphics card for game console. It creates stunning visuals. Marseille's Advanced algorithms analyze every pixel in real time to produce a sharp, beautifully balanced picture, with enhanced details and color clarity exactly as the game...

New cable is apparently coming soon on Kickstarter.
The bump in resolution for 720p / 1080p to 1440p is nice if 4KTVs accept this resolution. However, it is disappointing they continue to use Hdmi 1.4b which causes your current Gen console to lose access to HDR. Should've gone with 2.0b....

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
The bump in resolution for 720p / 1080p to 1440p is nice if 4KTVs accept this resolution. However, it is disappointing they continue to use Hdmi 1.4b which causes your current Gen console to lose access to HDR. Should've gone with 2.0b....
Yeah, I had to have the cable set up to only run from my switch for this reason. It needed it more than the HD consoles anyway but if that spec isn't getting bumped up there isn't much reason for me to upgrade.

Oct 28, 2017
Would it be hard to have a programmable post processing option or a custom to order embedded chip, so that a whole suit of specific post processing configuration opens up?
like having path tracing (edit) range of features similar to reshade done via HDMI for the consoles?

Last edited:

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Since Switch is my main gaming console these days and this is the first time I heard about these things I somehow I find myself excited for the announcement of a new HDMI cable that's likely to be over $100. wow.
$99 but they'll be offering it for $79 through an upcoming Kickstarter. I've signed up for notification as I'm definitely interested in this for the Switch.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Would it be hard to have a programmable post processing option or a custom to order embedded chip, so that a whole suit of specific post processing configuration opens up?
like having path tracing (edit) range of features similar to reshade done via HDMI for the consoles?
It would be limited to whatever is possible to do with only color buffer.
Many of the reshade features need Z-buffer or full G-buffer to work properly. (To get true position of pixels in 3D and surface directions and such.)

Things like color correction, FXAA and other methods which rely to just color information for post processing would be possible.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Bringing this thread back to life, I'm actually testing this right now. I was able to get ahold of a pre-production review unit. Just started with Fast RMX on the switch and I can see that it does soften the edges and adds some processing to the image.

It's not removing the jaggies, just smoothing some out.

MClassic processing off
mclassic-testing-fast_rmx-off.png

Mclassic processing On
mclassic-testing-fast_rmx-on.png

Any specific games that anyone wants me to try out?

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone try these cables out with a WiiU in Wii mode? I'd be interested in seeing how well these AA cables cleans up 480p Wii games.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
Doom, Wolfeinsetin 2, Xenoblade 2 and Torna, Bayonetta 2, Mario Odyssey, Mortal Kombat 11, Splatoon 2. Any of these will do. Also, would like to have your personal impressions of the differences on screen.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bringing this thread back to life, I'm actually testing this right now. I was able to get ahold of a pre-production review unit. Just started with Fast RMX on the switch and I can see that it does soften the edges and adds some processing to the image.

MClassic processing off

Mclassic processing On

It seems to give a color boost, too.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

MClassic processing off

Mclassic processing On

Does it do anything different from the last cable? Or is just the same cable in a different package

Guishe

Oct 25, 2017
Osorno, Chile
If you could please try Breath of the Wild with the mClassic, I want to replay it with an OLED 4k tv, but it doesn't look very pretty on it

Seraphic

Oct 29, 2017

MClassic processing off

Mclassic processing On

Was the Switch set to 1080p for these pictures? If so, the mClassic is not really performing anti-aliasing processing only image processing.
Could you try/post pictures with Switch set to 720p for Fast RMX then mClassic will scale picture to 1080p with anti-aliasing.
Or try a game that runs at native 480p or native 720p as the anti-aliasing should be a lot more noticeable.

Last edited: