• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Super impressive stuff from G1.

If Optic loses this GF by losing a BO7 twice then they are the biggest choke artists in Halo history. lol

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
Definitely looking forward to Orlando after this major though!

On a different note: I kind of wish they would've just let the comms play out for the rest of the match lol. Onset and Bravo are nice, but those Optic comms were incredibly interesting.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
G1 are playing extremely well, despite the current 3-0. Even if/when they lose, they get major props from me.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Really great event, and pretty solid viewership despite the state of Halo right now… the drops are smart and hopefully things will be in a better place come Orlando/Worlds later this year.

Glad to see Optic take a win… they only dropped a single match over the weekend which is insane. They've clearly been grinding. And the G1 storyline is awesome. Great stuff all around.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
As far as crashes/disconnects go, this was a huge improvement from previous events.

I was going to say this online event was easily the smoothest an Infinite tournament has ran so far.

No mid-game drops or disconnects (at least when I was watching) and also very little downtime between each series (a huge plus of online over LAN).

Of course you lose any and all atmosphere having it be online but man do I wish the LAN events could run this quick and smooth.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the guy who designed it, Tyler Ensrude, also designed Deadlock, Aquarius and Behemoth. Not my favorite set of Infinite maps haha but he just got a sweet gig at Respawn, so I guess his work is being noticed!
What would you consider the best or the good competitive maps? Aquarius CTF has been my favorite followed by Recharge KOTH.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
The armor coating form the drop is pretty slick:

mmVcNdZ.jpg

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
New armor coating drop is pretty nice, a bit generic though as there are so many black and red coatings. One of the better ones for sure however.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Have a new favorite team now, was always rooting for devonators team but they weren't really in contention before bubu landed.

Faze has to step it up.
Optic is still great it seems at least online.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Optic wasn't even playing out of their nice facility, it was the original Optic HQ that's like half a floor of a random Frisco, TX office building lol
Even funnier when you consider that C9 flew them out to San Antonio which is literally where the servers are so they had THE advantage, and when you think about the fact that C9 are probably worth 5 times of whatever G1 is lol.

Bound is and always has been a loser

winkerstein

May 5, 2020
North America
CDL season ended last night with LA Thieves winning the ring. With the season over and two HCS LANs left (Orlando and Worlds) I wonder if we see Shotzzy, Huke, or Neptune try their hand at Halo Infinite for a few months. Maybe even a few more COD pros especially since Orlando will be an open anyway.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I heavily doubt Shotzzy and Huke return for Infinite even for a temporary capacity.

Would any top teams in the running to win Worlds drop someone to pick either of them up knowing they are basically a sub until the CDL returns?

Ain't no way Optic is dropping anyone from their Halo squad for Shotzzy. lol

Jan 6, 2022
What would you consider the best or the good competitive maps? Aquarius CTF has been my favorite followed by Recharge KOTH.
Well, I struggle to give credit to Ensrude for Aquarius, given that it is just square Midship. But in terms of top competitive maps, I would put Recharge and Streets ahead of Aquarius, with Live Fire behind it. For specific modes, I also love Recharge KOTH, Live Fire/Streets Strongholds, Live Fire oddball, and Aquarius CTF

winkerstein

May 5, 2020
North America
I heavily doubt Shotzzy and Huke return for Infinite even for a temporary capacity.

Would any top teams in the running to win Worlds drop someone to pick either of them up knowing they are basically a sub until the CDL returns?

Ain't no way Optic is dropping anyone from their Halo squad for Shotzzy. lol

A team just has to place top 12 at Orlando to make it to Worlds lol they wouldn't even need to be picked up by a top team to make it(Fnatic, OXG, coL). Various teams have been playing with subs all season at various times so that isn't really a solid reason against it.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
A team just has to place top 12 at Orlando to make it to Worlds lol they wouldn't even need to be picked up by a top team to make it(Fnatic, OXG, coL). Various teams have been playing with subs all season at various times so that isn't really a solid reason against it.

Hey, I wish they would come back. Would be amazing for the scene and they are both dynamite players. Shotzzy did stream some Infinite early on and he was already showing he was a beast at it.

I just can't see it happening. I just don't think either of them would join those teams you mentioned that clearly have zero shot at winning.