• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 6, 2022
I just meant more with their tournament and esport effort as a whole since 343 took over with Halo 4.

I like Tashi as well and it's not solely all on his shoulders obviously but the technical issues have been plaguing Halo esports for a decade now and it's just mind boggling, so the fact Infinite coming out with the same technical shit is really not surprising and gives me tremendous doubt it'll ever be fixed.
Technical issues were also a huge thing in H2, from what I remember. H3 was really rock solid, at least.

I agree, I have heavy doubts that it will ever be fixed as well, but there should be less crashes moving forward, one would hope

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm confused. I've had a drop enabled stream on for 20 hours and it's still has only recorded one hour and says I still need to watch more.

What drops were you going for, the vehicle skins for the main stream? As long as you watched for 3 hours you just need to go into the drop inventory and claim it otherwise you won't get it. You can also only go for one drop at a time, so having two streams open for different drops won't work.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
What drops were you going for, the vehicle skins for the main stream? As long as you watched for 3 hours you just need to go into the drop inventory and claim it otherwise you won't get it. You can also only go for one drop at a time, so having two streams open for different drops won't work.

I think I know what happened. I started the stream on one phone. Stopped that because I have a burner phone and it wouldn't count time on that one. Probably because it had a "token" on my other phone already. Because the phone that wasn't working started time on a different drop and then when I switch back to my other phone I was able to complete the drop that had started on it.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Microsoft cared more about this game.

Can't believe they let their Xbox flagship be presented this way

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At least the next major isn't until September, 343 has 4 months to get some kind of improvement.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I've been an avid defender of 343i during this whole launch, but yikes.

I feel so bad for them right now. For the devs, the players, the hosts.

Feels utterly insane.

Nov 14, 2017
Ooof the disconnect is rough here. This was very compelling series so far.

What are the players holding in their hands? It looks like a hand warmer or something.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
I think I'll probably check out tonight, lol. It's 8:00 over here, and I'm not trying to be up until past midnight watching this, hoping that more DC's don't happen.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part for me was the host saying, "Oh, these things happen."

They damn well shouldn't be happening at this level, at this rate. It's a shame.

Jan 6, 2022
At least the next major isn't until September, 343 has 4 months to get some kind of improvement.
Do we know if the PC's they are using at this event have the PC improvements that are slated for the S2 patch? If not, seems like a bit of a missed opportunity to stress test those, but I can understand not using a new build for these events (even if the old build sucked for stability(

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
The disconnects must be so damn frustrating and jarring for the pros. To have the game just stop when you're absolutely locked in has to be annoying as hell.