• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I liked this except for the

Montrose storyline. He narratively gets off pretty light for someone that just committed murder in cold blood

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I always watch this show monday nights and the post episode posts always makes me anxious.
Can't wait to see whatever made you people scared/disgusted.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I hope y'all are all listening to the the podcast for the series made by 2 of the writers. it's gud and explains a lot of the themes in a fun, easy to listen way

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Whoa next episode... Also the first episode nobody has an advanced screening of.

The special effects this episode were top notch, best I've seen in a long time let alone a TV show.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Well, you can see where that SFX effects budget went ;)

Great/disgusting to watch episode. I'd be fine if we just stuck with Ruby for the rest of the season.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
also based on previews...

there is more body horror to come.. some furry appendage wiggling out of a person's ear, any ideas what the fuck is up with that?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the ashamed, abusive homosexual trope no matter what time period the media is set in.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
what about the excessive amounts of
blood and skin Ruby and William
are leaving literally all over the place?

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode but... That metamorphosis is so incredibly messy! Spend some more time in R&D!

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I liked this except for the

Montrose storyline. He narratively gets off pretty light for someone that just committed murder in cold blood
It was entirely wack and the random acceptance of his love for the drag queen came out of nowhere. It was character development that happened because the writers said so, not because it was earned.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Man, I couldn't watch a few times this episode lol. I'm not good with gore. This episode felt a little like filler but it filled out a few of the side characters' stories so I appreciated that.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outstanding effects work this episode but
fuck Montrose that wasn't earned in the slightest

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What was that on TV playing with the Gilligan looking guy in Ruby's scene with the manager in the office?

jPSrCgI.png

Oct 26, 2017
This fucking show is wild. I was not expecting
a race-swapping body horror theme.

AND I FUCKING CALLED IT on William and Christina.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Best episode yet, the effects on the metamorphosis were amazing and Jesus Christ the gore was next level.

I see where the Montrose complaints are coming from but taken on it's own I thought those sequences were beautifully shot.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I believe she was as well. Which leads me to believe
William was actually someone killed by the police chief and not just a lie
but I could be wrong

That's what I think too. I'm guessing Christina has been posing as him to make people think he's still alive while she angles toward some sort of power grab that overrides the sexist policies of the cult.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode, but umm, a trigger warning might've been nice for that ending scene. Christ.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the A story with Ruby, but I'm still not into this larger Language of Adam plot at all.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I liked the A story with Ruby, but I'm still not into this larger Language of Adam plot at all.
Yeah that's where I am. A part of me almost wishes they had gone a true anthology route, using the same actors and general set up, but with no connecting overarching story. I just can't follow this eldritch white nonsense.

a secret boss

Oct 25, 2017
This show from last episode to this. Goes places.
The butterfly is a good fairytale effect even during that newspaper scene.

just ate dinner while watching that final transformation.

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
Loved how it played with concepts of drag. Ruby feels her White Woman fantasy. Christina does the same with gender. The subtext comes to a head when Sammy the bar owner is revealed to be in the drag scene - with cameos from prominent drag queens of color Shangela and Monét X Change to boot.