• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Deal or No Dory, Dory seems to have indirectly killed someone again

When it comes to being a psycho critical thinker Chip is hardly any adversary for Dory but it would appear he'll succeed in programming her to hate and maybe even want to assassinate Drew, Elliott, and Portia?

Like that we got a college graduation flashback, hope the series has a thesis prepared for that maladaptive codependency

Dory was so close to getting away. Chip may be crazy, but he is crafty. That felt replica of Dory's place.

Funniest part of the 3 episodes for me was Drew's reaction to his new girlfriend's story and Elliot doing a U-turn for that conservative money.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
am i tripping or does weathering with you not have a sub option? uhhhhh, pass

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like those new GKids additions are all over the place :/

Weathering with You - english/spanish
Ride Your Wave - english
Night is Short, Walk on Girl - english/japanese
Promare - english/japanese

i watched walk on girl and the subtitles were trash and at the top of the screen, terrible experience

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
i watched walk on girl and the subtitles were trash and at the top of the screen, terrible experience

I still have it on my queue and do want to watch it at some point, but I definitely have never seen subs at the top, that weren't from fansubs for like lyrics or translation notes :/ Such a weird decision...

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I love where Search Party is going. This show is so damn good. Feel like John Reynolds and John Early are going to be hugely successful.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
The fact I have to change to bitstream DTS on PS5 to get decent sound sucks. Why is this app so bad on it? Am I better off bringing one of my rokus down and watching it on that instead?

Aug 7, 2019
Drew's really creating a problem with Cindy, I'm sure because Dory and he always run parallel with outside forces against their relationship

Charlie wanting to kill Elliot was fun for a brief second, then they never answer the falling book thing but she'll probably be alive and try to shoot the gang with an Elliot gun or something?

Portia's director still doesn't like complicated characters, wonder if there's meta in how some things are finally clicking with character depth and identity this time

Dory jumped from suicidal to concussed to hypnotized to a peaceful butterfly, Alia Shawkat is really getting to the Tatiana Maslany tier

Keith and April cameos (Chip may have lied about April being alive but I wonder if they are ironically prepping for her to really be alive)

The gas station candy was important to Chip's backstory and now with the shady family involved it becomes 10x harder to solve this predicament privately, and Chip is still absolutely unhappy so we'll see if he gets jealous at the happiness he thought he wanted to create in Dory

Oh and speaking of the recognizing, I could not recognize Marc for several minutes, but maybe now he deserves a key to the city

and seriously that speech in episode 4, none of you wait on this, even if you think you need to until January 28th

It's the first season I would not advise binging on, you'll be thankful for being able to breathe

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

EsRV4b0VgAUtTeQ

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
The series so far is Godzilla, Kong Skull: Island, Godzilla: King of Monsters.

Might want to at least watch KoM.

Thanks

All of them are on HBO max which is great - should I watch any of the other Godzilla and King Kong movies that are on HBO Max?

My only experience with Godzilla is the cartoon series from the 1970s/80s (or whenever it originally came out) and the late 1990s American version which everyone hated lol . I dont mind watching Japanese movies.

Also when it comes to King Kong, the only one I've watched is the 2005 Peter jackson one.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Thanks

All of them are on HBO max which is great - should I watch any of the other Godzilla and King Kong movies that are on HBO Max?

My only experience with Godzilla is the cartoon series from the 1970s/80s (or whenever it originally came out) and the late 1990s American version which everyone hated lol . I dont mind watching Japanese movies.

Also when it comes to King Kong, the only one I've watched is the 2005 Peter jackson one.

For Godzilla the original from '54 and King Kong from 33..

I also enjoyed Shin Godzilla recently.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck doesn't HBO Max have a Play from Beginning button? I sat here rewinding an episode only to start it and have it play from the spot I rewinded it from. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so slow rewinding. Rant over.

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished episode 3 of Search Party (season 1). I'm deciding if I should continue or drop it. There are parts I really like, but there are so few likeable characters that I am struggling. My only other complaint: I'm not going to be able to handle many more episodes of people ignoring Dory and logic.

"You sure you saw her?" stretched across 2 episodes is already annoying. Add in her finding the book....I can't wait to see how her friends downplay the baby angle.

Anyone further into the show who can give me guidance: does Search Party get better?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I just finished episode 3 of Search Party (season 1). I'm deciding if I should continue or drop it. There are parts I really like, but there are so few likeable characters that I am struggling. My only other complaint: I'm not going to be able to handle many more episodes of people ignoring Dory and logic.

"You sure you saw her?" stretched across 2 episodes is already annoying. Add in her finding the book....I can't wait to see how her friends downplay the baby angle.

Anyone further into the show who can give me guidance: does Search Party get better?

I would say stick with it. The show does get better and the story continues to unfold in interesting ways. Plus I would say it gets funnier once you know the vibes of the characters.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019

It definitely gets better. Season 4 is maybe my favorite season so far. It just constantly raises the stakes through the whole series.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Has HBO Max still not announced their February 2021 line-up yet? Every other streaming service has and they usually do by now.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So between now and the end of Feb we are getting 4 movie premieres

The Little Things
Judah and the Black Messiah
Earwig and the Witch
Tom & Jerry

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so HBO max has both Kong: Skull Island and Godzilla: King of Monsters. I only saw the first Godzilla movie so I can watch these two here to get caught up

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Batman: The Animated Series episode order has been slightly modified. I don't know if it's the correct one, but the two-part episodes are no longer in different spots like they were when the series was first added.

I can't exactly match this order to a production order or air order based on the quick search I did on the internet. So I'm going to need someone to verify the new order one is good for newcomers. But a change was definitely made.

Oct 27, 2017
Batman: The Animated Series episode order has been slightly modified. I don't know if it's the correct one, but the two-part episodes are no longer in different spots like they were when the series was first added.

I can't exactly match this order to a production order or air order based on the quick search I did on the internet. So I'm going to need someone to verify the new order one is good for newcomers. But a change was definitely made.
Let's go!

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck doesn't HBO Max have a Play from Beginning button? I sat here rewinding an episode only to start it and have it play from the spot I rewinded it from. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so slow rewinding. Rant over.
At least HBO seems to know when I'm done watching an episode. Disney+ always wants me to "Continue watching" the last episode because I didn't sit through the full credits, and the behind-the-scenes snippets or whatever, and the preview for next week's episode. So I have to go digging through the episode list to select the new episode. Every. Fucking. Week.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
At least HBO seems to know when I'm done watching an episode. Disney+ always wants me to "Continue watching" the last episode because I didn't sit through the full credits, and the behind-the-scenes snippets or whatever, and the preview for next week's episode. So I have to go digging through the episode list to select the new episode. Every. Fucking. Week.

Yeah, that's very annoying as well.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

Oh my god, it's been annoying me for months. They need to fix it asap.