• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I know WW 1984 is going to be in 4K HDR next week, but is current content going to get upgraded from 1080p anytime soon, like The Flight Attendant and The Undoing? I was going to watch those on a trial.
While it's not 4K yet, the video quality has been exceptional for everything that has come out since launch. Looks better than I would expect full HD to look.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's been mentioned here (on this thread), but for those annoyed HBO Max not being available on LG TVs you can access it via Amazon Prime, which is available on the LG CX.

That is how I watch CBS All-Access, through Amazon. Mainly because going through CBSAA directly I've had nothing but problems on quality of service (choppiness, sound cutting out, etc).

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's been mentioned here (on this thread), but for those annoyed HBO Max not being available on LG TVs you can access it via Amazon Prime, which is available on the LG CX.

That is how I watch CBS All-Access, through Amazon. Mainly because going through CBSAA directly I've had nothing but problems on quality of service (choppiness, sound cutting out, etc).

While subscribing to the HBO Channel right now gets you access to HBO Max (basically letting you sign in using Amazon the same way you can sign in via Verizon), the HBO Channel content on actual Amazon Prime is not the same as HBO Max and doesn't have HBO Max exclusive content, like "Raised by Wolves" for example, so I HIGHLY doubt you're going to be seeing WW84 or any of the Warner film stuff through the Amazon HBO Channel, particularly since part of the deal for getting HBO Max on the Fire TV hardware was to eventually not have the HBO Channel at all anymore.

Last edited:

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
While subscribing to the HBO Channel right now gets you access to HBO Max (basically letting you sign in using Amazon the same way you can sign in via Verizon), the HBO Channel content on actual Amazon Prime is not the same as HBO Max and doesn't have HBO Max exclusive content, like "Raised by Wolves" for example, so I HIGHLY doubt you're going to be seeing WW84 or any of the Warner film stuff through the Amazon HBO Channel, particularly since part of the deal for getting HBO Max on the Fire TV hardware was to eventually not have the HBO Channel at all anymore.

I would certainly hope it would be the same content, as when I tried to watch one of the HBO movies last night (on Amazon Prime), it asked me to subscribe to HBO Max for $14.99 (I don't have Max yet) or Sign In. So it appeared to be subscribing to actual HBO Max. Which if you did so, through Amazon Prime or otherwise, should give you the same content.

Oct 27, 2017
I would certainly hope it would be the same content, as when I tried to watch one of the HBO movies last night (on Amazon Prime), it asked me to subscribe to HBO Max for $14.99 (I don't have Max yet) or Sign In. So it appeared to be subscribing to actual HBO Max. Which if you did so, through Amazon Prime or otherwise, should give you the same content.

Pretty sure actual Max Original content and all other HBO Max exclusive content like the TCM movies or Gibli movies can only be viewed through the actual HBO Max app. Amazon Channels just gives you access to watch base HBO content on their Prime app.

Ex: Search for Flight Attendant or Raised By Wolves on the Prime app. They do not appear as an available item for you to watch or purchase.

Last edited:

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone, PLEASE watch Warrior on HBO max on January 1st or ASAP after. They are going to determine to do more or not based on those numbers.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Babylon 5, eh?

Pushing Daisies too--though I don't think I can bring myself to watch that again knowing it doesn't end 😢

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Wow, fury road, dark night rises and Tom goes to the mayor! Fucking hilarious show

tumblr_pbz5jiEwDd1w27jeoo1_400.gifv

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Been waiting forever to rewatch all of Ed, Edd n Eddy. They only ever put the first two seasons out on DVD.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure actual Max Original content and all other HBO Max exclusive content like the TCM movies or Gibli movies can only be viewed through the actual HBO Max app. Amazon Channels just gives you access to watch base HBO content on their Prime app.

Ex: Search for Flight Attendant or Raised By Wolves on the Prime app. They do not appear as an available item for you to watch or purchase.

Well, that's disappointing.

I can go through my PS4 Pro I guess, but would really like to watch the 4K/HDR programming that is soon to be released on HBOMax. But it seems HBO is not interested at all in doing so for LG owners.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I somehow completely missed Batman Beyond when I did my first run through of the list. I'm so ashamed. That's been one of the big ones I've wanted on HBO Max for a long time now.

Also for that one person: Minor UI Update! The Hub Section now has a "Max Originals" section. (This may have been added days ago and I missed it. But figured I'd point it out.)

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Is it true? Can it be? The Ed's are finally coming to Max?

If what you've told me is true, HBO, you will have gained my trust.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
For anyone using the app on a Fire Stick 4K, are the subtitles funky for you too? They appear on the far left or right of the screen and formatted as such that it's only a few words before dropping to a second line. It's distracting so I turned them off.

Apr 27, 2020
For anyone using the app on a Fire Stick 4K, are the subtitles funky for you too? They appear on the far left or right of the screen and formatted as such that it's only a few words before dropping to a second line. It's distracting so I turned them off.

The Firestick version is apparently glitched. The restart button is now gone but it's there on other devices that are also on 50.8

SecondVariety

Oct 29, 2017
I have a Roku Ultra I bought Thanksgiving of 2019 that apparently does not support 4k or HDR for HBOmax. (4661 I think). Meanwhile I have a Streaming Stick+ I bought in August of 2019 that ought to (it's on the list) support 4k and hdr on HBOmax but not Atmos. Lame. I've been wanting a new Roku Ultra as it supports dolby vision and would want to use it wired. If I had known about this even a week ago, I would have bought one. (Of course webOS/LG support would be better.)

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to bother pulling my chromecast off the dumb TV just to get 4k on the main TV. Getting on a plane tomorrow (not in US lol) so I think I'll save ww84 for the flight on my tablet. Suck it Nolan!

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Is wonder woman not up? I'm only getting the opening scene right now on my end, I thought it would be up right now?

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
I'm already annoyed at FUBO not supporting Samsung OS with 4K streams.
They are the #1 brand worldwide but I guess most people don't care so they will deal with the vocal minority being pissed.

The vanilla HD does look pretty good even on my massive Samsung Premiere but this is not exactly getting my monies worth.

May 9, 2019
I finished Alien and wow what a film. The directing, acting, and editing was so good. However, there were some weird things that stood out. One was Ripley's nose bleeding out of nowhere and the second was Parker knowing what the Alien looked like after it killed Brett. Parker was nowhere near the attack so how did he know? Cameras?