• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
I just realized I might have missed the boat on The Leftovers while it was airing. Lost is one my favorite shows ever is The Leftovers just as good? Mostly asking because I love Lindelof style for shows.
The Leftovers is one of the best television series ever made, imo. It's stunning. The first season can admittedly be a little rocky, but the final 2 seasons are masterclass.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
And fuck all of us who want those shows to continue on a service that isn't clearly a failed experiment, right? Or fuck all of us who would prefer all that content into another service since the future of this one seems shaky at best, right?

There's alternative options for getting comics, but no one has any idea what the future holds for these DCU Originals outside Doom Patrol, which hopefully finds success on Max. But sure, keep Universe around for just a comics subscription like Marvel's Unlimited or something of that nature. It was pretty obvious I was talking about the video portion of the service.

I don't think there's a single person who believes that the DC Universe shows wouldn't roll over into Max if DC Universe were to fold. Now whether they would continue on is another thing, but they would definitely move over.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I don't think there's a single person who believes that the DC Universe shows wouldn't roll over into Max if DC Universe were to fold. Now whether they would continue on is another thing, but they would definitely move over.

I wouldn't be so sure. I mean they stopped doing Cinemax shows and didn't just roll the remaining content into Max.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I wouldn't be so sure. I mean they stopped doing Cinemax shows and didn't just roll the remaining content into Max.

There's no precedent there, though. For whatever reason they left all of Max out. They have already put other DCU Originals on Max, they are coming out with new ones just for Max, and it would be really really stupid for them not to move Titans, Young Justice, and heck all of the animated series over as soon as they could. My presumption is the only reason they haven't is because they have some kind of obligation to subscribers (not sure if that's a legal obligation or what but the Stargirl having a one day exclusive lead time stinks of some kind of legal wrangling so that they could still call it an original).

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
There's no precedent there, though. For whatever reason they left all of Max out. They have already put other DCU Originals on Max, they are coming out with new ones just for Max, and it would be really really stupid for them not to move Titans, Young Justice, and heck all of the animated series over as soon as they could. My presumption is the only reason they haven't is because they have some kind of obligation to subscribers (not sure if that's a legal obligation or what but the Stargirl having a one day exclusive lead time stinks of some kind of legal wrangling so that they could still call it an original).

I guess that's fair

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll announce anything at next month's DC Dome event, hopefully they announce that all the DC Universe stuff is going to be on Max, Maybe teasers for some of the shows that they must be working on.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what's going on with the Class Action Park doc? The filmmakers said it's streaming on Max in August, but the new releases list for August doesn't include it at all...

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I wonder what's going on with the Class Action Park doc? The filmmakers said it's streaming on Max in August, but the new releases list for August doesn't include it at all...

It is on the list just under 'exact date to be announced'

HBO Max Highlights - August 2020

From blockbuster films to star-studded new original series, there’s plenty of content to enjoy this August on HBO Max. Max Originals debuting in the

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
HBO Max is weird to me... I access it via Apple TV, so maybe that has something to do with it (the presentation of that particular app), but it just feels so disconnected and random. There's so much content that has nothing to do with HBO or Cinemax. I don't understand the "vision" for this service at all. And browsing for content is awful on Apple TV. I was much happier with discoverability on HBO Now.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
HBO Max is weird to me... I access it via Apple TV, so maybe that has something to do with it (the presentation of that particular app), but it just feels so disconnected and random. There's so much content that has nothing to do with HBO or Cinemax. I don't understand the "vision" for this service at all. And browsing for content is awful on Apple TV. I was much happier with discoverability on HBO Now.
Well HBO Max has nothing to do with Cinemax at all. Also it's easier to just think of it as an overall Warner app.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Jojo Rabbit and Idiocracy extended edition are tomorrow. Clearly that's what they're referring to.

Definitely want to see Idiocracy extended. I still have it on DVD because I heard that there was some issue for it not appearing on blu ray... Hoping that one day it does and with this version, too.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I signed up for the free trial on my pc. I then try to sign on through ps4. Gives me the code to put into tv signin. Then only lists tvproviders. no option for ps4? what am I doing wrong???

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
4.5 hours until I lose the Ability to watch hbo on my tv, and it sucks
Apparently not according to cnet:

Supposedly, AT&T is collapsing HBO Go and HBO Now together into the rebranded app simply named HBO. While this app won't have any of the extra originals, shows or movies that you get with HBO Max, you'll still be able to stream regular HBO programming with it on Roku and Fire TV even after Go and Now are gone. In order to do that, you need to upgrade your HBO account to unlock HBO Max. At that point, you should be able to use your HBO Max credentials to sign into the new rebranded HBO app on both Roku and Amazon Fire TV.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I have to admit that no one was more cynical than me when it came to that Harley Quinn series but having seen the first season it's actually very good. It manages to both stay faithful (relatively speaking) to the source material and do something original with it too.

It's worth watching for the incredible voice cast alone. JB Smoove as the 'house plant' Frank is sublime.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yeah HBO Now on Roku auto updated to HBO overnight. It's the now app rebranded. At least my watch history isn't forked again.