• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sooo still no Roku, Amazon and LG support. Same shitty outdated video player missing basic ass features. No 4k HDR support. HBO pls.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Glad I got it through Verizon but they are missing content I thought would be there day one, like Most of the DC animated movies.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
so got it through youtubeTV but i can't find the studio ghibli movies on there? Are they not up yet? I searched for ponyo and it came up but it wouldn't let me access it to add it to my library or watch it... sadface

Just like Hulu you can't access these things from where you used to get HBO from. These extras are ONLY on the MAX app, so you need to download that and I think sign in via your YoutubeTV.

Superblatt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
No Roku app is a HUGE problem. I subscribed last night assuming OF COURSE this would available day 1. Absolutely a total joke. I need to cancel now.

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
Any other internet-only Xfinity customers here been able to sign in? I can't. When I try to sign in I just get the "TV deals" Xfinity page.

I ordered a Flex device (for free). Do I have to connect and register it first to get access?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Still cant log into Max via my Now credentials. And because this was a forced update, I'm locked out of my account. Very frustrating.

Jul 4, 2018
Finally trying this out and the quality just doesn't look great (I never bothered with Now and I'm running this over VPN so take it with a grain of salt.) The old films and GoT which is what I've tried so far lot much worse than HD Netflix or Disney+ and I compared my Apple TV copy of Citizen Kane to the HBO MAX one it's night and day.

I'll probably cancel and just buy the WB Films I want to own in the future rather than having another streamer, might try it again in the future if they improve and add some originals I want to see.

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded the app and since I already have HBO via Cox, the sign in process was pretty much nothing. It just asked if I wanted to sign in with Cox, told me to create an account and that was it. Pretty smooth.

Browsed through the catalog and at the moment, I just don't see the point of this existing. I guess most of the DC animated movies are still on DC Universe.

Speaking of, is DC Universe going to be folded into this?

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
PS4 Pro app is a special kind of awful. Takes a long time to populate graphics and it is really sluggish. Once a show starts though it seems to play ok. Terrible app though.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Downloaded the app and since I already have HBO via Cox, the sign in process was pretty much nothing. It just asked if I wanted to sign in with Cox, told me to create an account and that was it. Pretty smooth.

Browsed through the catalog and at the moment, I just don't see the point of this existing. I guess most of the DC animated movies are still on DC Universe.

It's HBO's app? Do you see the point of HBO existing? If not, then this probably isn't for you I imagine.

Speaking of, is DC Universe going to be folded into this?

It's unclear at this time. One of the big shows from DCU came over with Doom Patrol, but nothing else has been said.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Watch Doom Patrol, you monsters.

EOj5Eor.jpg

Seriously, it's the best piece of original content on DC Universe and you've got free access to it now.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Weird that the Pro is having issues and not the base PS4.
I click down, and then a second later it moves down. Just a world of difference between it and my iPad app. On the upside, the PS4 app shows everything in my watchlist on the scroll like Netflix. iPad only shows about ten shows and then makes you go to another menu to see the rest.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, Ready or Not is up. I have been wanting to catch that.

It's going to be a busy weekend with the Ghibli catalog available

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I click down, and then a second later it moves down. Just a world of difference between it and my iPad app. On the upside, the PS4 app shows everything in my watchlist on the scroll like Netflix. iPad only shows about ten shows and then makes you go to another menu to see the rest.
The PS4 app is so much more responsive than the old HBO Now app. I have a base PS4 and do not experience the 1 second delay of clicking down.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
I have att 1000 internet plan, how do I sign up for free? When I try using my att log in, it keep saying can't verify sub.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
So I tried putting on Wonder Woman briefly on my Desktop. Wasn't really to watch but more to see how the video player functions.

My problem isn't necessarily with video quality. I don't need it to be the best looking video (even though I get that it's a legitimate complaint.) I didn't encounter ads yet, but we'll see if that happens.

I do have two issues with the Desktop player compared to Netflix and Disney+. The main issue is keyboard control. Sometimes I want to pause and go back a few minutes to rehear something or make sure I didn't miss something. Space bar pause does work sometimes. But forward and backward arrow control is not there. I really hope they patch that in soon enough for personal device usage. I know it can seem silly to some, but I do have some issues that cause me to not hear things or miss things. It would save a lot of time to use keyboard controls rather than the video.

Likewise, the video bar doesn't show an image preview if you're revisiting a movie or TV show and want to find a specific scene.

On the plus side, CC actually stays on. Which is an issue I'm currently having with D+.

soda mixer

Jul 4, 2018
Pretty happy with the Xbox app so far, but it would definitely be nice to have it on roku so I Wouldn't have to use a console controller to navigate.

Also, does anyone have a list of the best Godzilla movies to start with as a relative novice to the franchise? Is there any reason not to start with the original?

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there no app for LG TVs still? What the hell?

I have att 1000 internet plan, how do I sign up for free? When I try using my att log in, it keep saying can't verify sub.

Same here buddy. I'm waiting till I get off work to call customer support. Good luck on your end.

AT&T 1000 user here.

Make sure y'all are selecting AT&T as your providers, then use the same username and password you login to my AT&T with.

I've been using Touch/FaceID to login to mine so long I forgot the password and had to reset it, but after that, I was able to get in pretty easily that way.

Abhomb

Apr 1, 2019
Any word from HBO max regarding additional content they will be adding from which they own? Adultswim, cartoon Network and DC animated stuff is all slim pickings atm.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Is there no app for LG TVs still? What the hell?

AT&T 1000 user here.

Make sure y'all are selecting AT&T as your providers, then use the same username and password you login to my AT&T with.

I've been using Touch/FaceID to login to mine so long I forgot the password and had to reset it, but after that, I was able to get in pretty easily that way.

I am doing exactly as you said and have done it maybe 30+ times now but it still doesn't work. That's why I think I'll have to talk to someone.

Mar 3, 2019
They are missing a lot of content that they advertised would be available day one. They just removed that list too to cover their tracks...

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Trying to watch the Wizard of Oz and it is bizarrely narrating it like I was blind...

No other movie or show is doing it.

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
So my partner and I are watching Friends, and it seems like the laugh track is much (MUCH) louder than the characters speaking.
I haven't experienced the same on movies or other Tv shows. Just want to see if it's just our ears or if everyone is experiencing this?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God, I forgot how fucking good The Fresh Prince was.

Though what sucks is how all the race issues it tackles are just as bad if not WORSE now than they were in the 90s...

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
All the extra content feels like it added light to what always felt to me to be a very dark service. I can see myself staying subscribed all year like with Netflix. Hopefully they keep filling out the CN and AS libraries.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
agreed. The dc section is pretty sparse as well. I really hope they roll DC universe app into MAX.
live feeds for HBO are up now on YouTube TV you can sign up for HBO Max through your YouTube TV account for 1499 a month and six channels of HBO plus all of the on-demand content for HBO are available to you now.

We still need to login to the max app though for the max content