• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, why is Uverse not under the provider section when I try to login?

HBO Go had a specific Uverse option under Provider options when you log-in. Max only shows AT&T and it doesn't work the same.

I thought this was supposed to be compatible with Uverse customers?

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't bother really looking at the lists, so Home Movies and Space Ghost: Coast to Coast is a pretty cool surprise. Hope they get Joe Pera and Sealab 2021 on there soon.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
A little miffed that Ed, Edd and Eddie is nowhere to be found but I've watched some Dexter's Laboratory and an episode of Eastbound & Down and I have to say, the video quality is fantastic for a 1080p stream. Didn't notice much in the way of compression artifacts in dark scenes, everything was sharp and defined and there weren't any sudden drops in IQ which is something that Netflix seems to do whenever it gets bored of running a 4K stream for too long.

Between the high quality streams, the incredibly appealing catalogue (well, appealing to me) and the fantastic user interface, this is seriously impressing me. My $12/mo. entry fee for the first year is easily justified already and that's without some of the heaviest hitters that drew me to the service to begin with like the new Boondocks, Green Lantern, Dune: The Sisterhood, Overlook and the suite of HBO goodness that I've had to wait to grab à la carte since I dropped my HBO channel subscription back in 2016.

If they can get some 4K streams running without an additional fee within the next year or so and keep up a steady flow of new content, they're going to be sitting on one of the most appealing streaming services in the game.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
So, I can't seem to access the HBO Max app on my Apple TV. HBO Now is still on my home screen, so that hasn't been updated. I search for HBO Max and I find the app listing, but all it says is Update. I updated it, but nothing happens. It just stops once the bar fills up and goes back to saying "Update." Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, I can't seem to access the HBO Max app on my Apple TV. HBO Now is still on my home screen, so that hasn't been updated. I search for HBO Max and I find the app listing, but all it says is Update. I updated it, but nothing happens. It just stops once the bar fills up and goes back to saying "Update." Is this a known issue or am I missing something?
Delete the Now app and install Max.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go to the app store and update the app to hbo max. DId mine some minutes ago.

Also there's no reason why CW content like Flash and stuff shouldnt be on here. I'm guessing it's still those license agreements... urgh.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I had to manually update the app on my AppleTV and phone this morning, but it worked. Set up profiles for the family & watched a bit of Casablanca while working out.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Uhh, why is Uverse not under the provider section when I try to login?

HBO Go had a specific Uverse option under Provider options when you log-in. Max only shows AT&T and it doesn't work the same.

I thought this was supposed to be compatible with Uverse customers?
You should be able to link your Uverse account on myAT&T and then login via your AT&T credentials by selecting the AT&T option.
www.att.com

Add or Remove Accounts To or From Your ID

Want to manage another account with your ID? Get easy access with a single ID and password.

Also there's no reason why CW content like Flash and stuff shouldnt be on here. I'm guessing it's still those license agreements... urgh.
Flash is on Netflix atm

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any update for AT&T 1000 customers?
0Amy88y.png

Login to your myAT&T account and then activate your HBOMax benefit through there.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Kind of weird how the only CW show they have is Batwoman. But man, the amount of content here is staggering.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this does well enough that they actually invest in 4K content. Such a shame their originals still don't support it.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So this is just broken on Xbox? The Now app updated to Max, says Max, but the logo is still Now and I can't access anything. Keeps saying something about not being supported.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So this is just broken on Xbox? The Now app updated to Max, says Max, but the logo is still Now and I can't access anything. Keeps saying something about not being supported.
Delete the Now app/your current app and redownload Max. A bunch of forum users on both PS and XB have been having the same problem.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How much is it monthly converted to AUD?
~$22-24 so you're paying around the same price as Foxtel Now's Lifestyle + Entertainment package but movies are also included. Also note that you would need an iOS device in order to subscribe via iTunes and a US PayPal account because the website does not take non US cards.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If it's anything like HBO Now you'll need a US card to pay for it.
Workaround for foreigners is getting a US PayPal account, linking it to a fresh US Google Play/App Store account and using your Australian/foreign card to subscribe to Max via that.

I wouldn't say so, unless you've heard people in Australia have had good results with speeds and buffering.
In Australia and no buffering on the website with 1080p quality.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thought the newest season of Rick & Morty would be on there. A little disappointing
I thought so too. The show is (or was, IDK I didn't check) on Hulu, so what the hell?!

I also thought it was weird that the hubs have some shows, like I didn't see Ed, Edd, n Eddy or The Powerpuff Girls in the CN hub but they're right there on the front page. Weird choice.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought so too. The show is (or was, IDK I didn't check) on Hulu, so what the hell?!

I also thought it was weird that the hubs have some shows, like I didn't see Ed, Edd, n Eddy or The Powerpuff Girls in the CN hub but they're right there on the front page. Weird choice.
Rick and Morty licensing rights are shared between Hulu and Max so it was unlikely for Max to receive S4. Expect S4 to be released way later.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have HBO Now through Verizon? How were you able to login? It's not letting me sign in directly, but when I click Verizon as my provider, the login is for HBO Go.
After reading the FAQ, I should be able to sign directly in, but I keep getting a message saying that access is unavailable through my provider, which is completely false. Hopefully this is just because it's early in the launch.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
After reading the FAQ, I should be able to sign directly in, but I keep getting a message saying that access is unavailable through my provider, which is completely false. Hopefully this is just because it's early in the launch.

I'm getting the same problem. I have att 1000 internet.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting the same problem. I have att 1000 internet.
To get HBO Max on AT&T 1000, the process is a bit different. You will need to login to your myAT&T account and then claim your HBO Max benefit through there.

Anyone have HBO Now through Verizon? How were you able to login? It's not letting me sign in directly, but when I click Verizon as my provider, the login is for HBO Go.
If you're struggling to login through Verizon, I'd suggest contacting them later and seeing why access is denied.

MidnightMania

Oct 31, 2017
Will the HBO section in the the Apple TV app eventually get updated with the additional Max offerings, or will I have to use HBO Max app proper to access that stuff.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
they mentioned 4K HDR support is in the roadmap but any idea how long it's going to take?...weeks?...months?...if DC Universe has 4K HDR support (limited) there's no reason why HBO Max should not have it

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I can't seem to get the App / Update on my FireTV yet. Must not be live yet?