• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adult toons sounds like it's hentai. Either way, in for seinen scooby doo.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, at this point, they have no reason to keep hiding the R-rated cut of the James Gunn Scooby Doo movie.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
ive seen plenty of adult velma stuff with good plot. Hopefully this has good plot too :D

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
"Before joining Scoob and the gang, see how Velma triumphed over drug addiction, domestic abuse, and racism for her 1/16th latina roots with the love and support of her girlfriend"

HBOmax presents Velma

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I would have preferred a live-action neo-noir set years after the gang disbanded following a mysterious tragedy

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
So if they are telling Velma's origins... How old is she's gonna be. Wasn't she like 16-18 when she was teamed up with Scoob and the gang?

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
I don't think Velma has ever been a canonically LGBT character its more in line with just people feeling like she "had to be gay" (similar to Shaggy "definitely" being a stoner). I could be wrong though. As people have pointed out though in Mystery Inc. she's pretty teenage angsty aggressive in her pursuit of dating Shaggy.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I assumed that this Velma cartoon was from the guys behind Harley Quinn (apparently they are developing similar takes on established WB characters) but the fact it's from Mindy Kaling is interesting.

The rest of it sounds awesome to be honest, I think HBO Max has been making some great development moves recently.

Even this sounds like it could be interesting....

Cover, an adaptation of Brian Michael Bendis and David Mack DC Comics series, an animated espionage thriller and conspiratorial love letter to the comic book industry from Rooster Teeth.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why would Velma need an origin story when she has this?

TAEIpK.gif

Heck since both Animaniacs and Tiny Toons got revivals why not give one to A Pup Named Scooby Doo?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Velma has ever been a canonically LGBT character its more in line with just people feeling like she "had to be gay" (similar to Shaggy "definitely" being a stoner). I could be wrong though. As people have pointed out though in Mystery Inc. she's pretty teenage angsty aggressive in her pursuit of dating Shaggy.

She dared get between a man and his dog!

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
If WB feels like pouring money into adult animation, they should buy and renew The Venture bros .

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Eh, maybe it'll be good. It's just a mini-series, too. They should bring back Mystery, Inc., though. Best Scooby media produced, by far.

Per a producer on the show, "Yes, Velma is a Lesbian in 'Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated'".

"I've said this before, but Velma in Mystery Incorporated is not bi. She's gay," the Cervone said in response to a fan of the franchise who was apparently triggered that Velma's lesbianism went against "the canon" of Scooby Doo lore.

"We always planned on Velma acting a little off and out of character while she was dating Shaggy because that relationship was wrong for her and she had unspoken difficulty with the why," Cervone explained of that relationship.

She has a girlfriend at the end of the series.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
CLONE HIGH!!!! That should be in the thread title. I can't wait.

Is Velma a spinoff of Mystery Inc or something new? If it's the former, I'll watch.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018

Both James Gunn (Live Action Scooby-Doo movie) and the producer of the Mystery Incorporated animated series confirmed they intended for Velma to be a lesbian:

www.ign.com

Scooby-Doo's Velma Is a Lesbian, James Gunn and Mystery Incorporated Producer Confirm - IGN

Scooby-Doo's Velma Dinkley is a lesbian and was supposed to be "explicitly gay" in the 2002 movie, it has been confirmed.