• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017

Adult? Diving into her past? Wha?
Isn't she LGBT? I wonder if they'll touch on that.

From the article:
The original and comedic series, aptly titled Velma, will unmask the complex and colorful past of the underappreciated brains of the Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. gang, Velma Dinkley, voiced by executive producer Mindy Kaling (The Office). Charlie Grandy, Howard Klein, and Sam Register will also be serving as executive producers on the 10-episode series, which is being produced by Warner Bros. Animation.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
not the adult spinoff i was hoping for but, sure.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
>adult
>Velma

se7ntH6.jpg

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news. With this and the PPG reboot, keep them coming!

EDIT: Talk about burying the lede, Clone High is coming back???? Hell yeah

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, please no X-rated Scooby Doo spinoffs.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Is Velma a popular character amongst people who like Scooby-Doo or is it just her appearances in, erm, other media?

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
the pitch for this must have been good, i find it hard to believe the execs were jonesing for a velma origin story

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Adult doesn't mean what you guys thinks it means lol.

Just adult themed a la Simpson's, Bob's Burgers, etc.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
the pitch for this must have been good, I find it hard to believe the execs were jonesing for a Velma origin story

This is all the more surprising especially when you take this into consideration.

bleedingcool.com

An End of Hanna-Barbera at DC Comics?

Bleeding Cool already reported that Scooby Doo Apocalypse is canceled with issue 36 in April. However, I am told that this isn't down to sales, a natural

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's...an unusual choice, but I guess the internet running away with Scooby-Doo memes would make them want to strike while the iron's hot.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
The real story here is-
EDIT: Talk about burying the lede, Clone High is coming back???? Hell yeah
whatever to everything else, but TWO SEASONS OF NEW CLONE HIGH!?!????????

yay
Buried the lede here, Clone High is the real win.
Ya'll know what's up

This is a high price to pay for a Clone High revival.
One worth paying though

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is all the more surprising especially when you take this into consideration.

bleedingcool.com

An End of Hanna-Barbera at DC Comics?

Bleeding Cool already reported that Scooby Doo Apocalypse is canceled with issue 36 in April. However, I am told that this isn't down to sales, a natural
Scooby Apocalypse was strangely compelling. kinda surprised they haven't greenlit an adaptation of that yet

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if this is just because she's the only moderately interesting character amongst the group. Shaggy is just a stoner, Fred and Daphne are pretty boring.

Wonder if Velma will be like Daria.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I'm fine with a Velma spin-off, but I'm not sure about the whole adult thing. I think Mystery Inc. was fantastic in part because it worked as a show for both grown-ups and youngsters. Give us another season of that instead, please.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
If it's anything like Harley Quinn, sign me up.

Also, disappointed they didn't bring back Linda Cardellini to do Velma's voice.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
They found room to make an adult Velma spinoff but Infinity Train was too much?