• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
oh shit, didnt see Barry was also on there

no excuse y'all, watch Barry

h0NpGmX.png

Oct 25, 2017
Full list. Excited that people might finally see Midnight Special. Maybe Jeff Nichols can make another movie some day.
Jeff Nichols is my favorite writer/director so this times 1000. I need a new movie from him and Michael Shannon. In the meantime I'll just keep rewatching Take Shelter, Midnight Special, Mud and Loving (Shotgun Stories is a little too depressing for me).

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Succession is secretly one of the funniest shows ever, while still delivering the drama. It's a satirical type of comedy that never feels goofy, just perfectly deadpan serious.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
I feel like the hardcore The Wire fans who say it is the best show ever are not doing that show many favors. It is absolutely not for everyone. I went in with such enourmous expectations that it fell flat for me, and I gave it 3 seasons. Just bored me. I would like to go back to it one day, maybe now with this announcement I may give it another shot because I can't accept that people with similar likes to mine are so flat out wrong. lol (Sopranos and Six Feet Under are two of my top 3 favorite shows ever probably)

Ironic you stopped at 3 because season 4 of The Wire is the only one I think actually holds up to the universal praise. In fact I tell people to start with S. 4 and then, if you care, watch some backstory and the finale.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you want to learn why the entire system is fucking broken, watch the Wire.

Trump is cooking the numbers. Fix the numbers and "lieutenants become majors, majors become colonels"

Hands down one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time to finish The Wire. Stopped at season 2 a few months back.

For lots of people, Season 2 is the worst, although my dad had experience with longshoreman bureaucracy when I was little so I kinda got to see that world and thus found it fascinating, but the overall "core" story of the wire the revolves around seasons 1, 3, 4, and 5. Season 2 is a major departure, it picks up in season 3 and becomes pretty damn gripping. Season 4 of the Wire is probably the most heartbreaking television ever, since the story shifts over to a bunch of middle school kids.

BTW I love how the theme of The Wire changes every season. For season 4, they actually got a group of middle school girls to perform it:

I wish they would have gotten a chance to make Season 6 like they wanted. It was going to focus on increased immigration.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
How would I go about getting this on PS4? Just download the HBO Go app?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited:

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the absolute must see stuff has been mentioned, but I'll definitely recommend The Inventor. Super interesting stuff!

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I feel like the hardcore The Wire fans who say it is the best show ever are not doing that show many favors. It is absolutely not for everyone. I went in with such enourmous expectations that it fell flat for me, and I gave it 3 seasons. Just bored me. I would like to go back to it one day, maybe now with this announcement I may give it another shot because I can't accept that people with similar likes to mine are so flat out wrong. lol (Sopranos and Six Feet Under are two of my top 3 favorite shows ever probably)
Yeah I feel the same way, my expectations were through the roof and it didn't really click with me and I stopped halfway through S1.

I can appreciate it deeply, it's incredibly well made and crafted but, it's not for me. But then again, I got some very weird taste for media in general and I tend to enjoy more weird, niche shows/games/movies that tend to get universally panned while not really getting all that wowed by the acclaimed stuff that everyone raves about. But that's okay, there is way more content to watch out there than any of us got time with.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Wow, I started watching McMillions only to realize that only the first episode is free and the rest are locked behind a sub 😭

Edit: All episodes are free now!

Last edited:

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Is everything not live? It looks like I can stream the Sopranos but not Silicon Valley.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They gave you guys True Blood but not Leftovers...smh. They're doing you dirty.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad HBO is still like ~10 years behind all other streaming services in offering their stuff outside of the US. Unimaginable that their digital services are still so bad.

Peerless

Sep 10, 2018
I definitely have to start watching The Wire, but for those who have watched it is Season 5 that bad? It kind of dampens my love for a show if a final season/episode of a show is bad tbh.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely have to start watching The Wire, but for those who have watched it is Season 5 that bad? It kind of dampens my love for a show if a final season/episode of a show is bad tbh.
It's not bad. The ending is actually pretty great. It's just not as good as the previous seasons.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
How exactly does this work?

I have an HBO Now app with no subscription, Hulu app with basic subscription, and a Prime subscription, but it looks like they all still say "Sign Up for HBO to Access" or "Renew your membership."

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Both the HBO Now and Go apps on Roku are asking me to sign in when I try to watch any of this stuff.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
No luck on the Roku app. I hope they push it through.

edit: lol. You have to add "The Roku Channel" and watch the HBO content through that. brawndolicious aceface

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like this is browser only. No free stuff on HBO Now, Hulu or Prime apps on PS4/Xbox.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
If you have an Apple TV or a Smart TV with the Apple TV app, just go to the HBO channel and it works there.