• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is really good though!
Ghost's an extremely talented composer and the edge of his music is so much fun. The one you posted also gives me Danganronpa vibes.
This one in particular is my fave by Ghost however

Though Corrosion by RIP is by far my favorite of this genre

OMG you like western Vocaloid too?!?!?

While I admit that GHOST is pretty good now (if kinda basic), the problem I have with western Vocaloid is that the only style that can be popular there is something like GHOST's style, like I've never ever heard of a western Vocaloid producer that makes happy songs anymore bc being edgy is just so popular there, especially when you compare it to Japan

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sex! Now laugh!!

God, this is terrible. Does not help that it's being made by someone reallllllllllllllllllllly dodgy.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Think I saw a clip of the "I can suck your dick" exchange on Twitter and like even 2009 newgrounds would probably be embarrassed by this shit

Really? With the smashcut to Alastor looking delighted for about half a second? Maybe it's not writing, per se, but the visual humor and the timing are all great - and would be funny even if it were done in a different context. Likewise "Are you being racist or sexist / that depends, which one bothers you more" is a joke that, structurally, works outside of this context and has been used in lots of other places. I'm okay with edgy humor as long as it's not the only thing they're using to elicit humor, or in other words, if the fundamentals are solid.

Anyway, I can't even imagine how many individual character designs were needed to make this work, and they're all pretty good. The show has a lot of visual charisma. I wonder how many of those background characters are going to end up being recurring characters.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spin-off trailer. Features voice work by Richard Horvitz(Invader Zim) and Erica Lindbeck(Persona 5's Futaba)

OP
OP
TrishaCat

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
MG you like western Vocaloid too?!?!?

While I admit that GHOST is pretty good now (if kinda basic), the problem I have with western Vocaloid is that the only style that can be popular there is something like GHOST's style, like I've never ever heard of a western Vocaloid producer that makes happy songs anymore bc being edgy is just so popular there, especially when you compare it to Japan
That's valid
It seems like *every* Western vocaloid song I've listened to is edgy. There could stand to be more variety.
Spin-off trailer. Features voice work by Richard Horvitz(Invader Zim) and Erica Lindbeck(Persona 5's Futaba)

That wolf girl @.@

OP
OP
TrishaCat

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Helluva Boss is out!

I liked it! Not as much as Hazbin, but still enjoyable overall.
I think my main problems with this is that its very slapsticky and doesn't seem to hint at any sort of real story like Hazbin does.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Guess it's over 14 million views now. Checked it out finally, really enjoy it and hope they can find funding for doing more with the show. Maybe a little heavy on the swearing but it's supposed to be hell so w/e.

Not sure if there's any merit to the "concerning past" bits based on what's posted in the thread. Reads to me like someone is a little pissy about a free cartoon pilot.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a little heavy on the swearing but it's supposed to be hell so w/e.

There's an art to swearing tbh.
One can use swearing to spice up their dialogue, and then there's writing like an edgy 13 year old who's trying to make a bad imitation of adult swim shows.
The art and animation are fantastic, but the script leaves much to be desired, the dialogue in particular.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
There's an art to swearing tbh.
One can use swearing to spice up their dialogue, and then there's writing like an edgy 13 year old who's trying to make a bad imitation of adult swim shows.
The art and animation are fantastic, but the script leaves much to be desired, the dialogue in particular.
This is where I'm at on both shorts/pilots.

Animation is stunning, the designs are fun, colors are nice, voice work is great, the story is interesting, but the writing needs a lot of work.

There is absolutely 100% an art to swearing where it can be used to make dialogue feel more real/natural, and sometimes a well placed/delivered curse can be funny all on its own, but just jamming them in haphazardly is bad. It breaks the flow of the conversation and can even take me out of it and yes, often screams "LOOK HOW ADULT WE ARE, SWEARS!!"

I think if they found someone to punch up the dialogue they'd be in business. Honestly I think they're already in business even with the shitty dialogue but it would really help make it that much better. The core concept of "girl wants to start a redemption clinic for demons" has plenty of room to do fun stuff with.

And something tells me Radio Demon's plan is to use the daughter of the devil to either take over Hell, or skip that entirely and use the redemption portal to escape hell and take over heaven. He's obviously up to something and they make a point of saying how powerful he is and how quickly he was able to take over other sections of their world, would make sense he'd see the hotel as an opportunity to expand his grasp even further.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how i stumbled on this cartoon but it was relatively entertaining. The humor really isn't my thing but it looked nice at least.