• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Hasn't Paramore pretty much been a solo act for like nearly a decade anyway?

This was fine, will listen to more.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of cheesy to be honest. The naked running through the woods was unintentionally funny to me. The actual song is not my cup of tea, but I can see how others would like it. It makes me feel weird.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds really interesting, not sure entirely what to think about it, but sure a lot more interesting than I've heard on the radio the past while.

Also that swearing, that's... Something I need to get used to from her.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Wasn't she already basically a solo artist with Paramore? Like she fired the rest of the group and brought in studio musicians?
Hasn't Paramore pretty much been a solo act for like nearly a decade anyway?
No? Hayley's the only member that's been there the entire time, but Taylor York stayed on ever since he joined in 2007. Zac Farro left for a while, but came back for After Laughter. Several others came and went. Josh Farro is the only founding member not to return after they left.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't she already basically a solo artist with Paramore? Like she fired the rest of the group and brought in studio musicians?

Evanescence (Amy Lee) did the same thing IIRC.

I believe in both cases, yes, they are technically the only ones actually signed to the record label, while the band are essentially hired guns. But, that doesn't mean your approach and execution aren't going to be totally different for the two different scenarios.

To go off on an Evanescence tangent, I can't believe how little Amy Lee has accomplished over the last 17 years since Fallen came out. Just crazy that there have only been two albums of new material since then. They seem to still draw crowds, though, which I guess is the only way to make money in rock music any way. So, fuck it.

NHarmonic.

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll never forget that Farro dude leaving Paramore because Hayley wrote lyrics that were anti-biblical or some shit, lmao.

Best of luck to hayley. After Laughter revealed such a depressive, gloomy mood. Hope things get better for her.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Her voice is way too powerful for this tame a song. Maybe it'll make more sense in the context of an album.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like it, but don't love it. It definitely has an interesting sound.

After Laughter was great, so I'm looking forward to what she has in store for us.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Pretty big Paramore fan in my youth. Didn't like their last album

Not feeling this at all. Sounds super boring.

Oct 26, 2017
I dig it. Different from what I was expecting.

The only part I really don't like? The chorus/lyrics, "Simmer simmer simmer down." It's a bit...goofy and light-hearted feeling for a song with some serious lyrics.

ClutteredCornyAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hayley has been one of the best pop vocalists for years. A solo project just makes so much sense.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
I liked it. Not blowing my socks off, but I can definitely see myself repeating this over the upcoming weeks. Can't tell if people don't like it because it's not the Hayley they know or because they don't like the song.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Man, I really love this. After Laughter was fantastic when I went back to it a few months after it's release. I guess I needed a little heartbreak for it to click. Ha ha.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, it takes like 5 seconds to bring up the Wiki to see that Paramore has been three people for nearly a decade.
How many people are in the band doesn't really matter if she was the only one actually signed and has total creative control in the band's direction since AFAIK owns the rights to the band.

Last edited:

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Love love love this

Man, I really love this. After Laughter was fantastic when I went back to it a few months after it's release. I guess I needed a little heartbreak for it to click. Ha ha.
After Laughter is genuinely depressing on multiple replays and I had to stop listening to it.

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Love love love this

After Laughter is genuinely depressing on multiple replays and I had to stop listening to it.

After laughter made realize that I have problems with my mental health and I was not alone.

Probably if it wasn't for AL I wouldn't have decided to go to a therapist, I'm still struggling a lot but I hope to see brightness one day.

So I guess it depends of your point of view hahaha.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Solid! More creative than I thought it would initially be.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this surprised me. I'm not a fan of Paramore but this sounds good.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I actually didn't realize there was nudity in the video until the close ups. (I assumed she was clothed due to the hair.)
Maaay want to warn anyone who watches this at work.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't love it yet but suspect it'll grow on me. It's quite different from anything I've heard from Paramore, so props to her for that.

Nov 27, 2017
I think she has a great voice but I'm not sure this song suits her. Or maybe I'm just used to the Paramore stuff, although After Laughter was kind of a detour and I still thought it was pretty good. I guess we'll just see how the rest of the album is.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haley bringing dark pop out of nowhere and nailing it.

Edit: I am feeling Metric meets Bat for Lashes meets Alanis a lil bit.

Last edited:

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I can't stop ominously whispering "wrap yourself in petals for armor" and I think people are starting to hear and fear me for it.

Thanks, Hayley. šŸŒŗ

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the music, but I'm not super confident her voice fits it. I feel like it needs a bit more of a deeper, more powerful voice. That, or a more distinctly weird voice like Karin Dreijer. This feels like she's aping a certain style that's pretty far removed from her pop punk range, and isn't quite getting there. Good song though!
Yeah I kind of feel the same. She's doing something very different vocally here than her usual wheelhouse, and I'm not sure that it works for me. I don't think it's playing to her strengths.