• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's GREAT

The face of the greatest gift to music continues to do amazing things

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sounds good. She was really kind of the whole reason to listen to Paramore anyways so it's not a surprise she went solo. I still load up Crush on YouTube once in a while.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oQTtbZ8.gif

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Honestly surprised it took this long.

She has so much star power on her own and did so many huge features on top songs that it was inevitable IMO.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Had it on repeat for the last hour and a half, damn near cried the first few listens. As one of the biggest Paramore fans around, I'm so proud of Hayley for releasing such a fucking banger.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This is very good, interesting, intriguing, super curious as to what her album will sound like and as such is >>>>>>>>> that rehashed Gaga sound from yesterday

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Super interested in this. I loved Hard Times. I haven't listened to any of the new album yet - does it compare?

Edit: I meant After Laughter - duh, sorry.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't love it, but I loved Paramore's last 2 albums so i'll give it a shot in May
Do artists typically release singles this far ahead?

Oct 25, 2017
This is honestly kinda boring and stale... feels empty

winner of 2020 so far still goes to Rina Sawayama

Commes Des Garçons 💃🏾

Ummm this song is pretty weak. This is not the Haley I was anticipating. Hopefully she tries again with something else that's more of a bop

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've always thought that conversation with the rest of the band must be so awkward.

"I've got some great ideas for new music!"

"Sounds good!" Says the rest of the band.

"Not so fast" says Hayley.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
I really couldn't get into Paramore's last album but I like this a lot. It's a nice new direction for her, more mature which is understandable and welcome.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the music, but I'm not super confident her voice fits it. I feel like it needs a bit more of a deeper, more powerful voice. That, or a more distinctly weird voice like Karin Dreijer. This feels like she's aping a certain style that's pretty far removed from her pop punk range, and isn't quite getting there. Good song though!

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
I'm certainly no Paramore fan but this reminds me of Massive Attack or Portisehead, which I can get behind.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Thought about making a thread for this earlier, but got too distracted. But it's good stuff. I like it.
I've always thought that conversation with the rest of the band must be so awkward.

"I've got some great ideas for new music!"

"Sounds good!" Says the rest of the band.

"Not so fast" says Hayley.
Taylor York and touring Paramore member Joey Howard co-wrote/produced this and other songs for the album.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought about making a thread for this earlier, but got too distracted. But it's good stuff. I like it.

Taylor York and touring Paramore member Joey Howard co-wrote/produced this and other songs for the album.
Doesn't that almost make it worse?

"How about our next collaboration we just name after me?"

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
"kevin!"

sounds better on second listen than the first. i like rock-oriented Paramore the most (self-titled) but this sounds promising.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Wasn't she already basically a solo artist with Paramore? Like she fired the rest of the group and brought in studio musicians?

Evanescence (Amy Lee) did the same thing IIRC.