• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
A chance to redeem himself, I guess. Let us pray that whoever directs him can get some decent line readings from him. Even in TROS he sounded like a nervous high schooler.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
If that's the case I really hope there are some flashback moments from before he put on the suit.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I really want to see how he does with a good director. The prequels are garbage but I have a soft spot for them, especially the cast, so this should be fun

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Obi Wan's gonna bring a portable levitation platform and grenades filled with sand for the rematch.

Vader will be so humiliated he'll tell Sheev there was no one on Tatooine and they should stop looking into it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Is there going to be flashbacks or something? Because otherwise his face and voice are going to be completely obscured so I don't see the point really.

IdeaOfEvil

Banned
Dec 4, 2020
Unless Anakin is just going to be some imaginary friend of Ben's, I don't see why Hayden as Vader would have anything to do with a story about Obi-Wan (defending Luke?)...

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Star Wars cant get any dumber at this point. So Im all in.

I hope Stone Cold Steve Austin is in this one.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I really thought they'd bring him back as a force ghost in Ahsokas inevitable show, but being Vader in Obi Wans show is quite the left turn.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ten years after Revenge of the Sith? Dang, that's awesome. Puts it squarely between Fallen Order and Rebels. I am hyyyyyyyped. :D

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Post traumatic stress induced visions, I believe it was leaked a while ago that kenobi arc in this is going to deal with order 66 ptsd

I mean, unless it's more about his fight with Anakin, Obi got out pretty damn easy compared to the other order 66 survivors. He lost his gigantic iguana and killed a few stormtroopers (and I guess the youngling footage too)

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully some day we get a trilogy of films explaining how he became Vader in the first place.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I mean, unless it's more about his fight with Anakin, Obi got out pretty damn easy compared to the other order 66 survivors. He lost his gigantic iguana and killed a few stormtroopers (and I guess the youngling footage too)

Have you never met an army vet who lost his companions? Because that shit is hard to watch. It took my grandfather A LOT of time to get over it. I'd love to see Obi-wan reflecting on what happened, the arrogance of the Jedi, and how even dead, Qui-gon was able to teach Yoda (then himself).

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Unless Anakin is just going to be some imaginary friend of Ben's, I don't see why Hayden as Vader would have anything to do with a story about Obi-Wan (defending Luke?)...

Vader knew Obi Wan was alive after he left him for dead.

Obi Wan didn't know Vader was alive right after he left him for dead.

Obi Wan probably didn't even know Vader WAS Anakin for a while afterward.

There's potential for some kind of Vader plot to draw out Obi Wan in some fashion. He knows by time he runs into Luke in New Hope, but that was some 15? years later.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
he lost what is the equivalent to his brother/son to the darkside and everyone he ever knew to order 66, some he watched anakin and the clones kill, there is more baggage than you think

emilioasis

Nov 1, 2017
Having Vader hunting Jedis while having conversations with Obi-Wan like Rey did with Kylo could be pretty fun.

But if they make a big deal about Hayden Christensen coming back, is he going to play Anakin in flashbacks???

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
....is....IS THAT SAND?

ywqe2.jpg
How come I just realized how genius it was for Obi Wan to hide with Luke on a dessert planet XD
4D Chess move right there when you realize that its also the place where he was a slave and his mother died.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Yeah but given what we actually saw in ROTS this... is a bit of a stretch

What we saw are people quickly doing what they can to go into hiding which would leave them decades of time to self-reflect. Obi-wan and Yoda were alone for a long time. I don't see it as a stretch at all.

Hell, look at this pandemic. First couple of weeks people were happy to work from home then the loneliness sinks in and mental health issues went up like crazy.