• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
thread title

have you ever voted for an [R]? either president or local rep or what have you

honestly the last [R] probably worth voting for was lincoln so prepare to be judged

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
For some local race between an R and a truly loony I. Never for a higher office.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes. So what? C'mon then out with it.

lol nah. I'm not american. And I'm black.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
No, and I never will. I've voted in every single Federal, State, County, City, local, etc election available to me since I've been able to vote - 18 years now. R's have been shit the entire 36 years I've been alive.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yep. I was a Republican until about 10 years ago. I'm 36 now. Communities like this and a college education opened my mind outside of my very Conservative and Christian White family.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i think i might have filled in a circle for the unopposed R for a down ballot thing, dont really remember

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I grew up in a Republican/conservative household, but by the time I reached voting age, I realized how stupid my family politics were and have always voted [D].

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
My first time voting was during the Bush re-election. Couldn't wait to get rid of him. Failed.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
No, but honestly, what's the point of this thread?

FantasyZone

Oct 25, 2017
Only when there wasn't a choice of a Democrat. May have been some local positions like Coroner or Sheriff that I've voted R for.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I voted for Charlie Baker, the Republican governor of Massachusetts. Though he's basically the definition of a "RINO".

Oct 25, 2017
When I was in the 2nd grade they had us do a vote by ballot in class for who should be president between Bush and Gore.

I voted Bush.

I am so sorry. I was 8.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. I was a Republican until about 10 years ago. I'm 36 now. Communities like this and a college education opened my mind outside of my very Conservative and Christian White family.
Same. First posts of mine at the other place are arguing against gay marriage. I've come a long way thanks to this community and living abroad.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even imagine the set of contextual factors that would lead me to drop a vote on an R.

There is no universe in which I can picture this.

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
No, but I use to be against gay marriage and abortion

chaostrophy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, not once. Technically I'm Independent, I never registered Democrat since I've never needed to in order to vote in a D primary. But I'm 40, always vote, and have never voted for a Republican.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. The first time I could vote was for Obama in '08, and I have been a straight [D] voter since. My parents constantly blaring conservative talk radio as I was growing up probably had the opposite effect of what they intended.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I was a shitty bro with a colonized brain, not long out of high school, and soon to go to the military. I voted Bush.

As RATM would say, I had a bullet in my fuckin' head, but I pulled it out and I'm voting D every time.

Last edited:

never

Oct 28, 2017
I was "conservative" in college. I voted for George Bush. I used to hold a lot of really shitty opinions back then that I'm not proud of now and no longer hold.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
yes, I used to approach state and local politics a bit more open-mindedly, thinking there was always a possibility I'd find at least one R who could be worth voting for

it only amounted to voting for a few Rs, but yeah, can't imagine doing so again in my lifetime

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No, but I'm not going to shame anyone who has. Good on anyone who was able to break out of a literal cycle of brainwashing and open their eyes to a more kind point of view.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Local Texan positions, usually when the Democrat is an anti vaxxer nutter. I would vote all over, but usually dems. But not since trump, I see voting for the Republican brand as voting for nazis so fuck em